The loan system

Mowen

Guest palnese

Besides Rossi, Gooooch and Nacho. Have we signed anyone else the last couple of years, on loan?

Nacho

errr, as in Gonzales yes.

Guest Heneage

Course the loan system works. For all we know Manucho's replacement could have scored.

Why? What do you think about my points re: it being impossible for smaller clubs to attract promising youngsters?

edit: and as for the second part, why do you think they loaned Manucho then? :rolleyes:

I don't really care to be honest. :lol:

Man Utd have nearly a full team out loan (8) if they were all back at MUFC thes players or others in the Man Utd system would be playing elsewhere. Arsenal have 13 out loan & are still running all there other teams. Liverpool have a whopping 15 out on loan.

It is shite, just like the CL money has killed most of the leagues in Europe, like  African/South American youngsters being left stranded after failing in trials with clubs in Europe, Brazil top clubs having to borrow the best youngsters in Brazil from lower league or amateur clubs these players will never play for. The whole lot needs fucking cleaned up & the only hope is Blatter & a Frenchman FFS!!!!  

:thup:

Guest optimistic nit

even if it is causing problems (which i believe it isn't) there are more important things that should be changed in football before the loan system.

I think the loan system is a good idea but I think Prem clubs should not be allowed to loan to or from other Prem clubs, it should be used to blood young talent in lower leagues.

We ahve some kids that would benifit from playing more games at a higher level, the likes of Lua Lua, Rnager, Carroll, Godsmark, Jrul all of them could do with regular 1st team football say at a Championship club.

Was just about to post what Skirge did there. The idea of loans is fine, but not to clubs in the same division.

Seems like that was allowed as a sticking plaster to sooth people who were complaining about the transfer window coming in.

Allowing premier league teams like Man Utd/Arsenal to loan players within the league just encourages them to buy up too many players, and also prevents players at the 'loanee' club from getting a game.

I wonder whether there should be an age restriction on loan players as well, maybe it should only be for U23s or something?

Was just about to post what Skirge did there. The idea of loans is fine, but not to clubs in the same division.

Seems like that was allowed as a sticking plaster to sooth people who were complaining about the transfer window coming in.

Allowing premier league teams like Man Utd/Arsenal to loan players within the league just encourages them to buy up too many players, and also prevents players at the 'loanee' club from getting a game.

I wonder whether there should be an age restriction on loan players as well, maybe it should only be for U23s or something?

Aye an age limit would be good to, cracking idea look at Chelski with Alex he was loaned out for ages before they called on his services, maybe a time scale limet to, no more than 1 full season at any 1 club and no more than three loan seasons tops..

Aye an age limit would be good to, cracking idea look at Chelski with Alex he was loaned out for ages before they called on his services, maybe a time scale limet to, no more than 1 full season at any 1 club and no more than three loan seasons tops..

Alex was so they could get around work permit rules iirc.

Alright, I was pretty fecked off (bitter) about Manucho scoring that late winner last night, but it got me thinking - should the loan system be allowed? Is it morally right? Under which circumstances is it and isn't is acceptable? Discuss.

The loan system works well as it does now and have for ages. Nowt wrong with it.

End of discussion.

Ok hypothetical situation.  Club A is in a relegation battle and have a good player who's unsettled.  They loan him to Club B who are also near the bottom of the league and he improves their team.  Club B then has a better chance of beating other teams, including the other teams in that relegation battle.  Apart from club A because he can't play against them as part of the loan agreement.  Do you see that as fair?

Guest BigTrev

Alright, I was pretty fecked off (bitter) about Manucho scoring that late winner last night, but it got me thinking - should the loan system be allowed? Is it morally right? Under which circumstances is it and isn't is acceptable? Discuss.

thats why you dont loan to a rival

The loan system works well as it does now and have for ages. Nowt wrong with it.

End of discussion.

Ok hypothetical situation.  Club A is in a relegation battle and have a good player who's unsettled.  They loan him to Club B who are also near the bottom of the league and he improves their team.  Club B then has a better chance of beating other teams, including the other teams in that relegation battle.  Apart from club A because he can't play against them as part of the loan agreement.  Do you see that as fair.

End of discussion.

Ok hypothetical situation.  Club A is in a relegation battle and have a good player who's unsettled.  They loan him to Club B who are also near the bottom of the league and he improves their team.  Club B then has a better chance of beating other teams, including the other teams in that relegation battle.  Apart from club A because he can't play against them as part of the loan agreement.  Do you see that as fair.

I don't see the problem with loan agreements barring the player from playing against his own club. It's a reasonable restriction that might otherwise prevent clubs from loaning out players (or selling in the case of Howard's  move to Everton).

In your example, presumably the other relegation-threatened clubs C and D could also have tried to sign the player on loan, though it'd definitely be a worry if, say, Man Utd loaned out half a dozen players to one club.

End of discussion.

I don't see the problem with loan agreements barring the player from playing against his own club. It's a reasonable restriction that might otherwise prevent clubs from loaning out players (or selling in the case of Howard's  move to Everton).

No shit your club would lose a stack of players if it could not send a team of players & some elsewhere.

End of discussion.

No shit your club would lose a stack of players if it could not send a team of players & some elsewhere.

I'm sure a few of the 15+ kids currently out on loan would leave if we couldn't loan them out. Hardly a big deal.

End of discussion.

I'm sure a few of the 15+ kids currently out on loan would leave if we couldn't loan them out. Hardly a big deal.

That's exactly my point. Stop the bigger clubs hoovering up all the talent. If it's no big deal to lose them, don't sign them in the first place. I can't see how the loan system could possibly encourage the development of young players. (that's a generalisation btw, I realise it will help some but I'm looking bigger picture, or at least trying to)

Have we actually loaned anyone in recent years that has turned out to be alright for us?

Helder & Distin probably the only two.

Never understood why we didn't buy Fat Helder. Good player. Another one of a list of shite players whos scored past the mackems for us too.

Providing we don't go down and continue this academy stuff i'd imagine our loan numbers would start to go up considerably too.

Have we actually loaned anyone in recent years that has turned out to be alright for us?

Never understood why we didn't buy Fat Helder. Good player. Another one of a list of s**** players whos scored past the mackems for us too.

Providing we don't go down and continue this academy stuff i'd imagine our loan numbers would start to go up considerably too.

So did you think he was good or shit?

Guest Heneage

Realistically we are the worst team in the North east for loaning kids out. Teams like Boro and even Sunderland loan their young lads out to lower league sides. Whihc not only helps the 2 clubs involved but it helps the player even if he doesn't make it at the top, because he comes away with league experience.

You can't just loan players though you need to send players to the right club really. Carroll to Preston for example.

Never understood why we didn't buy Fat Helder. Good player. Another one of a list of s**** players whos scored past the mackems for us too.

So did you think he was good or shit?

Good player. I blame the shandies