Hull City 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 14/03/09 - post match reaction from page 22

Dave

How the hell did this become a debate about Owen? He may have done fuck all today but look at the midfield behind him ffs. Who gives 2 fucks if he cares about Newcastle, he will still score goals for us if given the chances.

:thup:

Guest Stephen927

exactly, Owen is just like Luque.   Owen wants us to believe that he really wanted to play for newcastle because he thinks its  agreat career move? hahahaah!  Some of us fanboys may buy that but the smarter ones aint gonna beleive that crap.

Agent tells Owen.  "you're gonna play for Graeme Souness at a club called newcastle."

Owen say;  " wow!!!!!!!!!!!!"

He had to say something when he signed, he couldn't have come clean and said he was using us as a stepping stone to get back to a team in the top four.

exactly, Owen is just like Luque.   Owen wants us to believe that he really wanted to play for newcastle because he thinks its  agreat career move? hahahaah!  Some of us fanboys may buy that but the smarter ones aint gonna beleive that crap.

Agent tells Owen.  "you're gonna play for Graeme Souness at a club called newcastle."

Owen say;  " wow!!!!!!!!!!!!"

What exactly is your point and how is it relevant to todays game?

nothing i was replying to Stephen927 .  im sorry i forgot to use the quote system, my bad.

How the hell did this become a debate about Owen? He may have done fuck all today but look at the midfield behind him ffs. Who gives 2 fucks if he cares about Newcastle, he will still score goals for us if given the chances.

Not effective enough in a team like ours, pure and simple. When the ball's not in the penalty area, it's like having ten men

It will always be like that with this midfield, get decent footballers in the midfield and we would be banging them in, Owen has proved that here before. The buck for Owen's lack of presence doesnt stop with him it stops with the wasters in the midfield, he has a role and knows what it is, as does the rest of the squad, they know they have to get balls up to Owen but yet dont bother their arse doing it.

f*** Owen.. I'd be happy to finally see him go in the summer. I'd rather play Carroll. In the Championship.

You'll get your wish - to both.

The management and coaching team we've been lumbered with will then set about the task in taking us to new, unchartered by NUFC, depths.

The reports of Nicky Butt going to that pair of imbecilic peabrains in the dug out and asking "Well ???? Any ideas, any tactics ???"

My mate and a couple others have mentioned that Shearer is dropping very broad hints (Given is a close mate) that the whole scene at NUFC is a shambles.

Radio Newcastle noticed Butt going to talk to the bench. Very worrying indeed. :o

Sorry to bleat on about Owen but he is he finished as a player who can play in a team who humps the ball forward aimlessly (e.g. our current play), in a team that plays clever attacking football he is still very much a top player (see last seasons run in).

We were shite today from what i saw/heard and any team that doesn't beat Hull in 4 games deserves to go down.

Guest Phil K

Butt is the kind of bloke who would play well under the right direction

Just what he's NOT been getting this season.

f*** Owen.. I'd be happy to finally see him go in the summer. I'd rather play Carroll. In the Championship.

The management and coaching team we've been lumbered with will then set about the task in taking us to new, unchartered by NUFC, depths.

The reports of Nicky Butt going to that pair of imbecilic peabrains in the dug out and asking "Well ???? Any ideas, any tactics ???"

My mate and a couple others have mentioned that Shearer is dropping very broad hints (Given is a close mate) that the whole scene at NUFC is a shambles.

Radio Newcastle noticed Butt going to talk to the bench. Very worrying indeed. :o

Team has no leaders in it, the bench has no leaders on it = relegation problems, same as Pompey are finding.

Butt is the kind of bloke who would play well under the right direction

Just what he's NOT been getting this season.

You mean anti football team like Bolton! A team which is not even trying to play but break opponents play instead...defo need to agree with that :)

On the other hand...we're not doing that great either and Butt is still as shit as ever! If you meant ManU...every player would do good there especially such players as Butt when they're not given any responsibility of the build up of the play

Owen was great when he was playing behind the strikers. Why not give that another go? Martins and Love/Carroll/Xisco up front with Owen providing service.

Way too risky to play 3 forwards would CH and JK think here...

Al does not need to drop hints every fucker can see it. I would imagine Al get his Newcastle news from the camp from Harps or Mickey now Shay is gone.

Guest fraser

Started off as 'must win', went to 'can get a draw' after they scored, finished as 'could have won'. Then we go up a place. Bizarre season all round.

Was he asking why he wasn't sitting there instead of some of the much better players on the bench?

I think we can take something from the fact that we have come to a very difficult place and got a point.

Before today

Played: 14

Won: 3

Drawn: 3

Lost: 8

For: 15

Against: 29

Hull have the worst home record in the league.

I think we can take something from the fact that we have come to a very difficult place and got a point.

Before today

That quote is fucking shocking!

Before today

:suicide:

Guest BooBoo

Chris Hughton is the sort of insipid cabbage that has me praying for the swift return of the clueless Kinneaer.

Been reading this thread with interest as being out of ther country it provides me with a more accurate reflection on what happened.

One question to some people on this thread:

Does anyone seriously believe that it's Hughton actually making these decisions? From what I've read it seems like JK is doing the decision making while watching it on

TV.

Not sticking up for anyone, just something to think about when the blame game starts over the next two weeks.