Joe Kinnear or Relegation: you make the call

oldtype
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Simple hypothetical question. If a supreme being offered you a choice between relegation and sacking Kinnear and staying up and keeping him, how would you choose?

Not even a dilemma for me, I'd take relegation any day. In the Championship with a new manager, there's at least a chance that we'll rebuild strongly and come straight back up. Going from a Championship club to mid-table Premiership again isn't easy, but the gap is far from insurmountable.

However, even if we were to stay up, we are guaranteed relegation within the next 2~3 season with the worst manager in England's top two divisions at the helm. There is simply no hope under Joe Kinnear.

I realize that it's kind of pointless asking this when in all likelihood, we're probably getting both  :doh:

If we stay up and Kinnear signs a contract it means we'll go down next season, it's a lose/lose situation.

I just don't want to look at Kinnear's hideous face anymore, I hate him so much.

He can still get the sack even if he has signed a 3 year contract.

If Ashley had any intention of sacking him any time soon, he wouldn't be offering him 3 years regardless of our Premiership status in the first place.

Job probably wouldn't be in danger unless we dropped to League one.

Guest BooBoo

How ridiculous a question. Relegation has to be avoided at all costs. This is takin an anti Kinnear stance to a ludicrous extreme.

At the end of the day, staying up allows the possibility of a) a takeover, b) Kinnear out on his ear by Sept, giving us a chance for the future.

I understand the sentiment, but no.

Some might enjoy possibly winning loads of games in a lower league, getting a smile on their face, forcing the dead wood and high wages out of the club, forcing managerial changes... I'd rather struggle in the Premiership season after season, surviving on the last day, nervous till the last minute, playing anti-football under clueless management, with players who don't care for the club, and with men upstairs who don't have a clue.

I love watching us win but doing so in a lower league just wouldn't be the same.

Keeping Kinnear is certain relegation within the term of his contract. There's no point avoiding relegation this season if it's coming anyway next year.

He's not signed a contract yet, and even if he does, nothing is certain in football.

Anyone who says relegation is kidding themselves.

Aye maybe you're right, but I can't see this club going anywhere with Joe Kinnear as manager, in fact I can't see us going anywhere full stop, Ashley has ripped everything out of the club and it's fucking depressing.

Anyone who says relegation is kidding themselves.

Aye maybe you're right, but I can't see this club going anywhere with Joe Kinnear as manager, in fact I can't see us going anywhere full stop, Ashley has ripped everything out of the club and it's fucking depressing.

What's he ripped out exactly? It's what he's not put in that is the problem, as well as the regime's abysmal decisions when it comes to managerial set-ups.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

If Kinnear does that bdaly next season he'll be sacked. Fucking rediculous statements on offer here obviously from foreigners who don't go to games.

If Kinnear does that bdaly next season he'll be sacked. f***ing rediculous statements on offer here obviously from foreigners who don't go to games.

What gives you the belief that he'll be sacked if he preforms poorly? Surely not the fact that he's taken us closer to relegation than Roeder or Souness ever did, nearly dropped dead, and yet is still getting a three year contract?

You keep saying Ashley won't sack Kinnear so what makes you think he will sack him if we got relegated? We struggled to find a manager as a premiership team, why would he offer him a 3 year contact thinking he is good enough to manage us in the premiership but sack him if we go down a league?

If we got rid of Kinnear.. we would replace him with a just as bad manager!  So makes no difference who runs the team to me, staying up in Premier League is important though.

You keep saying Ashley won't sack Kinnear so what makes you think he will sack him if we got relegated? We struggled to find a manager as a premiership team, why would he offer him a 3 year contact thinking he is good enough to manage us in the premiership but sack him if we go down a league?

These are called "hypothetical questions" :rolleyes:

These are called "hypothetical questions" :rolleyes:

Ok then, I would take relegation if we got Wenger who was pissed off with the stick he has got at Arsenal next season, Ashley inherited 30 billion pounds and decided to go all Chelsea on us meaning we won the league and champions league in the next 4 years.