Paul Gascoigne

Thespence

White guilt is so fucking hilarious man  :lol: It's almost like you're overly sensitive for us so we don't need to be, distracting people from actual real, discernible racism (institutional, employment, violent etc)

Yeah but people are getting molested and murdered, so I wouldn't bother about mugging and burglary.

[emoji38]

I haven't heard burglary held up as one of the ills of society since the 90s.

I knew what he meant TBH, just being a nob. This definitely doesn't seem worthy of prosecution, and I'm about as PC as you can get.

A guy was charged last week for wearing a t shirt with an ugly Hillsborough joke on it. It's all a bit odd to me.

I know in Farageland, these idiots would be given carte blanche to strangle political correctness, but I'd wager the majority found that imbecile's vile Hillsborough mocking T-shirt as offensive as I did.

Do you think that's what's going on here? Could be just general incompetence. I doubt a right minded person of any race would think it's worth prosecuting this in a court.

Admittedly there is a very specific type of black person who would be offended by this - that would be the pseudo-militant, faux-Panther type who has most likely grown up in middle class surburbia. But you're right, I don't know anyone with half a brain who would be offended by this in any way whatsoever. And as I said, it actually does black people a disservice by conflating the very real issue of racism with incredibly trivial musings.

Do you think that's what's going on here? Could be just general incompetence. I doubt a right minded person of any race would think it's worth prosecuting this in a court.

Admittedly there is a very specific type of black person who would be offended by this - that would be the pseudo-militant, faux-Panther type who has most likely grown up in middle class surburbia. But you're right, I don't know anyone with half a brain who would be offended by this in any way whatsoever. And as I said, it actually does black people a disservice by conflating the very real issue of racism with incredibly trivial musings.

Many white people live their lives looking for opportunities to be offended on behalf of ethnic minorities. I assume they have nothing better to do in their lives.

White people are allowed to be offended by racism like. I'm offended by injustice of many kinds, I don't have to be the victim or part of the privileged group. I'm just a decent human being.

Obvs this isn't a good example because it's quite trivial, but just saying.

White guilt is so fucking hilarious man  :lol: It's almost like you're overly sensitive for us so we don't need to be, distracting people from actual real, discernible racism (institutional, employment, violent etc)

It's not a black/white issue, the same/similar laws extend to insults regarding sexuality and religion, as well as pretty much anything that could be even loosely defined as racism. I've come across a case of somebody prosecuted for using the term 'Scottish prick'. The UK's Public Order Act laws are very stringently enforced at the moment. I understand why they exist but it's all gotten a bit silly.

White people are allowed to be offended by racism like. I'm offended by injustice of many kinds, I don't have to be the victim or part of the privileged group. I'm just a decent human being.

Obvs this isn't a good example because it's quite trivial, but just saying.

Well of course, not sure you got the gist of what I was saying. I wasn't describing racism, as a whole, as a black & white (excuse the pun) white vs black problem. I was talking specifically about this incident.

White guilt is so f***ing hilarious man  :lol: It's almost like you're overly sensitive for us so we don't need to be, distracting people from actual real, discernible racism (institutional, employment, violent etc)

It's not a black/white issue, the same/similar laws extend to insults regarding sexuality and religion, as well as pretty much anything that could be even loosely defined as racism. I've come across a case of somebody prosecuted for using the term 'Scottish prick'. The UK's Public Order Act laws are very stringently enforced at the moment. I understand why they exist but it's all gotten a bit silly.

I never said it was, I was speaking specifically about this incident and the consequences/permutations surrounding an occurrence of this type. Trivial persecution like this distracts people from real issues. The Public Order Act is another discussion completely but what you've said I agree with.

White guilt is so f***ing hilarious man  :lol: It's almost like you're overly sensitive for us so we don't need to be, distracting people from actual real, discernible racism (institutional, employment, violent etc)

I never said it was, I was speaking specifically about this incident and the consequences/permutations surrounding an occurrence of this type. Trivial persecution like this distracts people from real issues. The Public Order Act is another discussion completely but what you've said I agree with.

:thup: