Newcastle United 1 - 3 Arsenal - 21/03/09 - Post match reaction from page 16

Nate

Guest justin99.

Did you see Ashley smiling there?

oh get a grip. it was a polite smile to whoever he was shaking hands with. he looked absolutely gutted once the smile faded

I saw him laughing and joking on and then the camera cut away. Im not suggesting that the result was what he was laughing and joking about because thats preposterous, but laughing and joking isn't something that would be any part of my make up directly after us losing. Thats as a fan, never mind as owner.  Just my take on it

you have no idea what he was saying.

your making a big deal out of nothing.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

This might be a bit unfair on him but I thought Harper wasn't amazing today but I guess thats just in comparison to Shay.

made a great save at 0-0, when it was 2-1 we weere fucked anyway

Can King Dawson ans supporters of other clubs kindly f*** off and leave us to mourn in peace. bluelaugh.gif

Just cos spurs won.  :kinnear:

Ok boss.

Actually you can stay as you talk sense and just dont try and lick up to us like KD. Infact it must be somthing in the wayer in merseyside, as in the last week ive spoke to 2 everton and 2 liverpool, who all seemed to make sense, whats going on?

Infact i rarely ever "lick up to you". You were playing a team that i despise and i honestly wanted you to do well. Start an argument if it makes you feel better though O0.

As for your "it's just because Spurs won" comment. I'm here when we win, i'm here when we lose. At least be factually correct when your trying to have a go :thup:.

silence you geriatric fool

:thup:.

I know we'd all like to cripple the nest spurs supporter that comes our way, but let's calm down a bit. It's not their fault we're shit.

no missed it... was it not a grimace... it better have been a fuckin grimace

It really wasnt. Shaking hands with someone, laughing and smiling. It's not propaganda from me either, it was clear and easy to see.

after that person left, ashley then looked sad and dissapointed.

didn't care to mention that did you

Aye, because I didnt see it. The camera cut away from him pretty quickly whilst he was smiling. Thats what I saw.

Well if he sells in the summer we will be a cheap buy by all acounts.... please please could someone with some REAL clout buy us from this jumped up barrow boy?

Relegation nailed on now fellas. Plain to see tonight the way we capitulated. The injuries didn't help but what was unacceptable was the decision not to drop anyone back for Taylor, when he was off the field. Another tactical masterstroke from Hughton and Calderwood which has cost us dearly.

Ashley needs to be brave and fetch in Venables for the last 8 games. If you leave the current setup in situ (including Kinnear) then we are going down without a fight. Death warrant signed and sealed.

Relegation nailed on now fellas. Plain to see tonight the way we capitulated. The injuries didn't help but what was unacceptable was the decision not to drop anyone back for Taylor, when he was off the field. Another tactical masterstroke from Hughton and Calderwood which has cost us dearly.

Ashley needs to be brave and fetch in Venables for the last 8 games. If you leave the current setup in situ (including Kinnear) then we are going down without a fight. Death warrant signed and sealed.

They did. Or at least the commentator said they did (before the goal). It was Colo and Bye in the middle with Raylor dropping back to the right.

Guest firetotheworks

oh get a grip. it was a polite smile to whoever he was shaking hands with. he looked absolutely gutted once the smile faded

I saw him laughing and joking on and then the camera cut away. Im not suggesting that the result was what he was laughing and joking about because thats preposterous, but laughing and joking isn't something that would be any part of my make up directly after us losing. Thats as a fan, never mind as owner.  Just my take on it

Neither do you! Does it matter? He was laughing and smiling after we'd just been beaten, thats weird at the least, and disrespectful at the most.

i pray that taylor and, more importantly, bassong, arent out for too long.

i'd also stick with martins and lovenkrands as they offered a different dimension to what we're used to, and owen was invisible

Amazing how pathetically ineffective Owen was when he came on. It's painful watching him.

You literally never see him on the ball looking a threat.

Seemed as if we really slowed down when he came on.

Isn't that fucking typical? What a fucking cunt.

Even in the first half, we looked very vulnerable down the centre. Really bad luck to lose both Bassong and Taylor, because Colo looks a spent force. All his confidence seems to have gone.

I still think Martins and Lovenkrands look our best attacking combination. Hughton has to show some balls and stick with them. There's going to be a clamour now for Owen to be restored to the starting line up which he has to resist. We were actually creating chances until that second goal knocked all the confidence out of us.

Guest justin99.

Neither do you! Does it matter? He was laughing and smiling after we'd just been beaten, thats weird at the least, and disrespectful at the most.

I'll say it again.

your making a big deal out of nothing. Just forget about it

i pray that taylor and, more importantly, bassong, arent out for too long.

i'd also stick with martins and lovenkrands as they offered a different dimension to what we're used to, and owen was invisible

This. Oh and drop Raylor and get Jonas in instead.

abso-fucking-lutely. cant wrap my head around picking that piece of shit instead of one of our better players

Martins and Lovenkrands have to be our upfront pairing for the rest of the season. For all their flaws, they're still the best we can muster.

Harper

Beye-Bassong-Taylor-Enrique

Duff-Nolan-Barton-Jonas

Martins-Loven

is the team that just might pull off a miracle. Just pray that Bassong and Taylor will be fit for Spurs.

Nolan was a nuisance at corners but he doesn't look like he's going to make much of an impact.

I recon if he was playing in the Hull game we would have won it though.

If Nolan hadn't gone mad on Anichebe's leg I firmly believe that we would be at least 3 points richer by now.

Guest firetotheworks

I'll say it again.

your making a big deal out of nothing. Just forget about it

I dont see it as nothing. You do. Debate over.

Game was lost when we went in at half time 0-0. What an awful penalty. For fuck sake, he possesses so much power in his feet and he does that. Took his goal well enough but a false dawn, and obviously failing to sort out the defence when Taylor was being strapped up did us no favours. I expect a very similiar game in 2 weeks but with an even more annoying opposition.

Even fucking Bendtner scored.