Newcastle United 1 - 3 Arsenal - 21/03/09 - Post match reaction from page 16

Nate

Has the team come out of the dressingroom yet? Anyone seen/heard any post-match interviews?

Is anyone interested in hearing what Chris Hughton has to say?

Well, yeah... I am. Especially since they had locked the doors and not been out long after the game was over.

Has the team come out of the dressingroom yet? Anyone seen/heard any post-match interviews?

Is anyone interested in hearing what Chris Hughton has to say?

Well, yeah... I am. Especially since they had locked the doors and not been out long after the game was over.

The players were probably giving Hughton a rollicking.

Shows you how much bassong has carried colo this season. Taylor (S) fantastic. One of very few who genuinely gave a shit (Butt, Enrique, Oba?).

Horrific penalty, never going in with oba on it.

Colo? Fuck off. Horrific.

Owen? Even more of a cunt. Rather have shola on the pitch. Offers nothing. We carry him.

I feel like we're part of a bad season of that Dream Team show from the late 90s.

Wish it was, then we might actually see a miracle on the last day of the season

Plus, the team's coach might explode on the way back from Villa

Harper 5 - Should have done better for the third, didn't get down quick enough.

S. Taylor 7 - One of his better games.

Bassong 7 - Did well until the injury.

Coloccini 4 - Looked comfortable in the first half, shit his bricks when the going got tough.

Enrique 6 - Did well in parts, didn't really put a foot wrong.

R. Taylor 5-  Whiped some good balls into the box, shite from open play though.

Butt 5 - Battled well in the first half, largely a passanger for the second.

Nolan 5 - See Butt.

Duff 6 - Did well in the first half, faded badly in the second.

Martins 5 - I want to give the lad a seven I really do but he had to bury that penalty, huge moment in the match and he bottled it.

Lovenkrands 7 - Like Martins his pace caused problems, the pair of them looked a threat all game.

Perhaps they're all at each other's throats?

Would be some good entertainment, an old-fashioned dressing room brawl. If we're going down, might as well do so in style.

Do any of our players care that much?

After a cracking first half I thought we were really unlucky in the second. Bassong AND Taylor, our best player on the day, going off was probably the main reason why we lost. Once the third went in it was game over really, Arsenal just toyed with us until the 90th. Encouraging to see but I am very, very worried now. Fingers crossed Bassong, Taylor and Danny G will be back for Chelsea.

After a cracking first half I thought we were really unlucky in the second. Bassong AND Taylor, our best player on the day, going off was probably the main reason why we lost. Once the third went in it was game over really, Arsenal just toyed with us until the 90th. Encouraging to see but I am very, very worried now. Fingers crossed Bassong, Taylor and Danny G will be back for Chelsea.

We weren't unlucky, we just ran out of steam with the likes of Butt and Nolan, and heart with the likes of Duff.

Decent 1st half but it's horrible how bad we collapse after going goal down! Oba was lucky to bring us back to level but the defence in general was awful once again(apart from Saylor). They didn't get much support from the midfield either but Raylor, Butt and Nolan were all fucking awful! Duff played some good parts in the opening half but totally faded away in the 2nd.

I really can't see what some people see in R.Taylor? Yet another horrible performance today...

Oba, Lovenkrands and Owen and still we play high balls for them...get a fucking grip! 3 midgets who are all great when running onto the ball and we just hoof it up the pitch without any kind of aim. And why wasn't Jonas on the pitch today? Our midfield is so poor that you can't even call it midfield especially without Jonas! It kinda looks that players don't know their roles very good as everyone is trying to do everything without any sort of success. And finally...Coloccini! I have defended him alll season and kinda understood some of his poor performances due to the fact that we have no midfield to prove any kind of a cover but today was an absolute disaster!!!

My quick ratings:

Harper 4

Beye 6 (Bassong 6)

S.Taylor 7

Coloccini 3

Enrique 5

Butt 4

Nolan 5

R.Taylor 3

Duff 6

Oba 5

Lovenkrands 6 (Shola 1...just don't rate the guy one bit)

Guest SupermacTheLegend

Disgraceful,

Colocinni isn't worth s****,  :colo:

And Martins, taking a penalty with his right foot.... AND HE'S LEFT FOOTED!

WHAT!?!

Must admit, good equalisng goal.

We've got to start winning otherwise its....

Championship here we come!  :rant: :angry:

We weren't unlucky, we just ran out of steam with the likes of Butt and Nolan, and heart with the likes of Duff.

Having two defenders going off with injury isn't unlucky?

Bassong and Taylor weren't playing in midfield for us. In the first half, Butt, Nolan, Duff and Taylor actually supported the strikers well. In the second Arsenal ran them off the pitch, because they were still strong and full of energy, whereas our players were pooped or hiding.

Sure we were unlucky with the injuries but that had nothing to do with the loss in the end! We were fucking awful in general! OK 1st half but everything since then was unbareable to watch

Guest stankydanky

not a good result obviously, but it really boiled my piss when the cameras showed Ashley with a shit eating grin on his face right after the final whistle.  We need action NOW, a new manager and some structure around the place.  Is he really that naive to think his way is right? And who the fuk is advising him?

Just got back, did anyone expect anything from this? Our games that we need points off are Pompey Boro and Fulham at home, and to a lesser extend stoke away. Win those 3 home games and we'll stay up.

Its us or the mackems now for the drop, along with boro and wba, and perhaps hull if they go on a bad run.

not a good result obviously, but it really boiled my piss when the cameras showed Ashley with a s*** eating grin on his face right after the final whistle.  We need action NOW, a new manager and some structure around the place.  Is he really that naive to think his way is right? And who the fuk is advising him?

Paul Kemsley among others?

Guest michaelfoster

Just got home before, played well first half and we matched Arsenal just about, Oba's penalty was shocking.

Harper - 5 Should of saved the 3rd goal tbh

Enrique - 6  looked decent going forward

Coloccini - 4 not a good game

Taylor - 7 Played well

Duff - 6.5 good first half, faded 2nd half

Nolan - 5 meh

Butt - 5 meh

R.Taylor - 4 Did ok at set pieces, crap from open play

Martins - 6.5 Played well and caused problems, took his goal well, although his pen was poor

Lovenkrands - 6.5 Played well, put himself about

Beye - 6.5

Owen - 4 Invisible

Ameobi - 4 Couldn't score in a brothel