Force shearer out of retirement for end of season

tgarve

Guest Ebolarama

I hear George Best is available on a free.

Still good in the box apparently.

Aye, but a bit wooden.

I hear George Best is available on a free.

Still good in the box apparently.

Aye, but a bit wooden.

Cool . .  put him on for the last ten minutes, when we are (as we often are!) losing.  You never know . . .

Just seeing him standing in the opposition penalty area for ten minutes would be canny.

(er . .  not really, but . . . )

Guest Hodgey

would provide some much needed leadership and would still do a job up top with oba.

You're a week early for April Fools and besides this isn't really the time for witty wind-ups

However can Imre Varadi or the Mighty Quinn still kick a ball, could be worth a shout

Guest Phil K

I'll have what he's having.

Fine - tell me how a Shearer now is any worse than the crap NOT doing the job they're paid for ?

Prob can still hit and head a ball better than most of em, got a hatrick while ago in that charity match didnt he. He'd be a class coach though, could teach our strikers a whole load, then midfielders how to cross, how to be a good captain...movement off the ball etc. Even clearing the ball from set pieces, he did it all. Fact he's tied to us so strongly is only a good thing.

it's giving me a flashback of kenny's 'dad's army' with rushie, barnes and stuart pearce. that said though they did chip in with some important goals

Barnes was top scorer that season wasn't he?  :jesuswept:

I'll have what he's having.

Fine - tell me how a Shearer now is any worse than the crap NOT doing the job they're paid for ?

:lol: I wouldn't have felt much more confidant with the Shearer of 4 years ago in the team. I can't take the fact you've asked me that seriously, but he'd be unfit for a professional game in a way you can't imagine - literally.

The forwards aren't really our problem in the first place, I'd say. Any player can be mismanaged.