Kazenga LuaLua

ChrisJbarnes

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Do a little dance

Make a little love

get down tonight

get down tonight

That's what I believe is going through LuaLua's head while he's playing football, that and some Dizzy Rascal.

I don't think he has a chance of starting against West Brom.

Despite being postive with the ball and showing his creative play, come the start of the season Hughton will revert back to playing our star players who got the team relegated. YAY!

Your avatar is giving me the horn. Seriously. Damn.

The anti-Dyer.

Looked brilliant thus far in pre-season, I hope he gets plenty of match time. Fortunately, I think that Hughton is fairly happy to play the young lads if they're good enough, unlike Kinnear who was happy to let them rot in the reserves in favour of the "old heads".

That's stretching it quite a bit like from what I've heard. He's looked good in the odd glimpse like he did last night, but brilliant is going a bit too far.

• 1 month later...

I think it's time to either use Lua Lua or move him on. If the coaching staff at Newcastle don't rate him high enough to play any significant role on a match day then we can only assume he doesn't have what it takes. This is the Championship, a level where he should be able to make an impact yet we are playing central midfielders on the wing and bringing on Geremi as a substitute when we are getting over run like we did against Blackpool.

We are desperate for a right wing option at the moment, even to come off the bench, and if he's not up to it, ship him out and get one in.

I think it's time to either use Lua Lua or move him on. If the coaching staff at Newcastle don't rate him high enough to play any significant role on a match day then we can only assume he doesn't have what it takes.

It's the coaching staff that makes the players undeperform on a regular basis so I think it's the staff that should be moved on! Do we have a single person left in the coaching depertment which we had under SRB. Last time they did something good...

It'd be hard for any manager at this level to leave out 2 or 3 £30-50k a week centre-midfielders in favour of an 18-year old kid, never mind Hughton.

I do think he should be being used more as a sub though, coming on between the 60-75th minute rather than dying seconds.

Funny you mentioned the 50k a week midfielders, as after they were dominated and over run on Wednesday, the Blackpool manager was crowing about how his players were on half the wages of their Newcastle counterparts. Hughton definitely got his money's worth out of that lot then.

I think it's time to either use Lua Lua or move him on. If the coaching staff at Newcastle don't rate him high enough to play any significant role on a match day then we can only assume he doesn't have what it takes. This is the Championship, a level where he should be able to make an impact yet we are playing central midfielders on the wing and bringing on Geremi as a substitute when we are getting over run like we did against Blackpool.

We are desperate for a right wing option at the moment, even to come off the bench, and if he's not up to it, ship him out and get one in.

Utterly ridiculous. He'll clearly get his chances over the course of this season and we'll find out if he's up to it, there's no need to rush him in. He'll play tomorrow night and I'd wager he'd have come on for a few minutes at the end on Saturday if we'd had a substitution left. Getting results is what matters first and foremost and Hughton's clearly going about this in as risk-free and uncontroversial way as possible.

Can't say I've been too impressed in the cameo run outs he's been given this season but I just feel he should have been pushing harder for a first team spot considering the fact he played in this division last season for a spell, not to mention we don't have any right wingers on our books. Not that  I expected him to be starting every week, but if he's not ready then we need someone in who is.

I agree we need someone who is ready, wingers are the weakest point in the squad atm, but I wouldn't move Kazenga on as it stands. We'll need him at some point this year, and he'll learn from his first team experiences.

Can't say I've been too impressed in the cameo run outs he's been given this season but I just feel he should have been pushing harder for a first team spot considering the fact he played in this division last season for a spell, not to mention we don't have any right wingers on our books. Not that  I expected him to be starting every week, but if he's not ready then we need someone in who is.

He started 2 games for Donny & was a late sub in one game. Is he a right winger? He seem to have played in most postions for 2nd XI. I wish he had his brother pace.

He started 2 games for Donny & was a late sub in one game. Is he a right winger? He seem to have played in most postions for 2nd XI. I wish he had his brother pace.

He looks like he's got his brother's tunnel vision...let's hope not though.

Yeah he does need to get game time really, even if just a sub role.  I wouldn't say move him on just yet.  The squad is so thin that a few injuries could land him a starting place suddenly.  Just don't like seeing players play out of position when we have ones dedicated to that role sitting on the bench.

He looks like he's got his brother's tunnel vision...let's hope not though.

I don't think pace is his problem, but the tunnel vision might be. It may be partly down to a young sub's urge to do something spectacular whenever the rare opportunity to impress comes round. If it's a character trait, I hope it can be coached out, because I actually think he has more natural ability than his brother.

I suspect that the main reason why Hughton is reluctant to use him at the moment is the defensive side. Not seen enough of Kazenga to really say, but I'm not sure that he helps his full back out much.

I have a feeling that our loan transfer dealings are over until January now as Hughton has only publicly indicated that we were in the market for a striker and a forward which we have just about acquired with the arrival of Harewood and Zurab. That makes it even more important for Lua Lua to make some sort of impression when he gets playing time otherwise we are stuck with using players out of positon till Xmas.

I have a feeling that our loan transfer dealings are over until January now as Hughton has only publicly indicated that we were in the market for a striker and a forward which we have just about acquired with the arrival of Harewood and Zurab. That makes it even more important for Lua Lua to make some sort of impression when he gets playing time otherwise we are stuck with using players out of positon till Xmas.

After a Striker & a Forward?

To much made of the "this is your chance" tried to hard to impress as an individual instead of a team player, same for a few of them.

Doesn't look like much of a team player anyway although I haven't seen much of him to be fair. He seems to lightweight to play in midfield although it's probably unfair to judge anyone on last night's team with so many inexperienced players flung together with one or two seniors who didn't want to be there.