Kazenga LuaLua

ChrisJbarnes

I would consider starting him if we're playing 4-4-2. He's our only real RW atm :undecided:

can the fucker cross? If so I'd play Butt with Guthrie in the center, and plop the old Smith/Viduka partnership up front and watch them fly in.

:lol:

Well, Smith's improved to be fair - he'll actually take a shot on nowadays!

• 2 months later...

I don't think he has a chance of starting against West Brom.

Despite being postive with the ball and showing his creative play, come the start of the season Hughton will revert back to playing our star players who got the team relegated. YAY!

Guest Phil K

Despite being postive with the ball and showing his creative play, come the start of the season Hughton will revert back to playing our star players who got the team relegated. YAY!

Which is one of the many reason I refuse to accept the "poor Hughton" crap.

Which is one of the many reason I refuse to accept the "poor Hughton" crap.

No-one claims Hughton is any good though. I feel sorry for him because he's massively out of his depth and trying his best (which, sadly, isn't good enough) to help out. If the people in charge of the club would appoint a manager he could go back to being a coach and assisstant which is what he's good at by all accounts.

Looked superb against Huddersfield. Championship should be a good level for a lot of younger players.

Sure it is but unfortunately they won't be given a decent chance to prve themselves! It's been always like that at Newcastle and managers have their jobs in line so why bother risking it by choosing maybe a more talented but unproven player who "could" become a success in the long run when you can build a squad from our "more experienced" guys like Butt and Nolan! At least they'll produce the basic shit consistently...like last season

Pre-season is a different story but right at the beginning of the season it's back to the basics and the team sheet will surely include the names like Duff, Butt, Ameobi and the lis goes on

Lua Lua could be an exception though

I think ones such as Lua Lua, Ranger, Ferguson and hopefully Vuckic are the ones that will have a shot at breaking through. Its just whether the manager has the guts to give them a go. Kadar should get some time if Beye leaves.

The anti-Dyer.

Looked brilliant thus far in pre-season, I hope he gets plenty of match time. Fortunately, I think that Hughton is fairly happy to play the young lads if they're good enough, unlike Kinnear who was happy to let them rot in the reserves in favour of the "old heads".