Kazenga LuaLua

ChrisJbarnes

We aren't going to miss a player who wasn't going to play for us.

At least this way he's gonna get some preparation for the future.

This, can't see why everyone is complaining.

Because he should be playing? He should be on the bench at the very least.

Absolutely farcical that bit about him mainly training with the bairns.

He said he only trains with the first team when we have injured players, so he's mainly training with the first team.

:lol:

http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/page/NewsFeatures/0,,10329~1603882,00.html

Doncaster Rovers welcomed Newcastle United winger Kazenga LuaLua to South Yorkshire on Thursday afternoon, with the 18 year-old champing at the bit to get started.

LuaLua, the younger brother of former Newcastle United and Portsmouth striker Lomana, has made five senior appearances for the Toon, since graduating from the St. James' Park outfit's youth system and is looking to get some regular football under his belt in his month-long stay at Keepmoat Stadium.

Kazenga signed on loan shortly after having his first training session under Sean O'Driscoll at Rovers' Cantley Park Training Ground and, as LuaLua reveals, the move came about very quickly.

"It was two days ago when I was in training; the reserve manager spoke to me and told me that I would be going on loan to Doncaster," explains Kazenga.

"I was happy when he told me and yesterday my agent phoned me and told me that I would actually be coming to Doncaster the next day. I arrived at Doncaster train station at 10:30 today (Thursday) and my agent came to pick me up. I then came to training and it has been very good."

"I have met all of the lads and they are really nice people," says LuaLua on his first impressions of Doncaster Rovers Football Club.

"Today was my first day in training and all of the players have been nice to me and made me feel welcome. I'm sure that they will all help me settle in well."

Kazenga's first day of training allowed the Rovers' new loan signing the chance to play alongside members of the Club's first team; something that LuaLua has not done on a regular basis at Newcastle United.

"At Newcastle United, I don't often train with the first team unless they have injuries to players. If the injured players are back, I normally train with the reserves and the under-18 lads. I told my agent that I wanted to go on loan to a team where the experience would be good for me at my age and he told me to speak to (Newcastle United Executive Director of Football) Dennis Wise. I spoke to Dennis Wise and he said that Doncaster would be a good place for me to go and I was really happy to hear that."

"Dennis Wise told me that Doncaster Rovers are a good team, with a good manager. Dennis knows the manager here well and he told me that he is a good man. He told me that they like to play football, [glow=red,2,300]they don't play long-ball and that made me happy, because that is the way that I like to play football. [/glow]I would play long-ball football, though, if it meant playing in games and getting the experience."

LuaLua is set to start a full week's training on Monday morning and could go straight into the Rovers squad for the visit of Watford on Saturday 4th April, an exciting prospect for a player hungry for first team action.

"That's why I have come here - to play football. I feel I need to play the first team football to get the experience for myself and then we'll see what happens. From my first day today, everything here seems good and I really enjoyed the training today."

For many Doncaster Rovers supporters, Lomana will be the better known of the LuaLua brothers; however Kazenga is a player that promises to offer a lot to Rovers push to ensure Championship football for another season.

"I like to take players on and I like to beat players. I have good pace, with or without the ball. If the manager gives me my chance, I will be doing my very best to take that chance. As I have said, I'm looking forward to getting some experience but my main strength is taking people on. I can play on the left or the right wing or I can play just behind the striker - but if the manager told me to play anywhere, I would play there."

The move to Doncaster will have been made easier for Kazenga, thanks to the sight of a familiar face, whose brother is also at St. James' Park.

"I knew Tomi Ameobi and I know his brother Shola. I knew Tomi from when he was playing at Newcastle and it's nice for me to have a friend from Newcastle here at Doncaster. It makes it a lot easier to settle."

LuaLua, who will wear the number 27 shirt vacated by Craig Nelthorpe, will remain at DN4 for the next month and the player's aim for that spell is simple.

"The month that I am here, I want to try my best. I want to improve myself and this is the first time that I have come out on loan to a club and to come to Doncaster has been really nice; I'm just here to try my best and do well."

Wonder if Wise consulted the manager/coach?

Indirect criticism of the first team's overall pattern of play, and one where he stands little chance to develop as a ball-carrying winger/attacking midfielder?

We don't exactly create open space for our widemen, by spreading the play from left-to-right and so forth. Very little build-up play from the back, complimented with the outlet balls from the middle of the engine room to wide channels. 

Our inadequacies with regards to our ball-movent & overall pattern of play doesn't present as the ideal footballing education for a lightweight but otherwise quick & skillful youngster. Perhaps he sees that his football future - particularly learning the tools of the trade at a senior level - lies elsewhere.

Doncaster Rovers welcomed Newcastle United winger Kazenga LuaLua to South Yorkshire on Thursday afternoon, with the 18 year-old champing at the bit to get started.

LuaLua, the younger brother of former Newcastle United and Portsmouth striker Lomana, has made five senior appearances for the Toon, since graduating from the St. James' Park outfit's youth system and is looking to get some regular football under his belt in his month-long stay at Keepmoat Stadium.

Kazenga signed on loan shortly after having his first training session under Sean O'Driscoll at Rovers' Cantley Park Training Ground and, as LuaLua reveals, the move came about very quickly.

"It was two days ago when I was in training; the reserve manager spoke to me and told me that I would be going on loan to Doncaster," explains Kazenga.

"I was happy when he told me and yesterday my agent phoned me and told me that I would actually be coming to Doncaster the next day. I arrived at Doncaster train station at 10:30 today (Thursday) and my agent came to pick me up. I then came to training and it has been very good."

"I have met all of the lads and they are really nice people," says LuaLua on his first impressions of Doncaster Rovers Football Club.

"Today was my first day in training and all of the players have been nice to me and made me feel welcome. I'm sure that they will all help me settle in well."

Kazenga's first day of training allowed the Rovers' new loan signing the chance to play alongside members of the Club's first team; something that LuaLua has not done on a regular basis at Newcastle United.

"At Newcastle United, I don't often train with the first team unless they have injuries to players. If the injured players are back, I normally train with the reserves and the under-18 lads. I told my agent that I wanted to go on loan to a team where the experience would be good for me at my age and he told me to speak to (Newcastle United Executive Director of Football) Dennis Wise. I spoke to Dennis Wise and he said that Doncaster would be a good place for me to go and I was really happy to hear that."

"Dennis Wise told me that Doncaster Rovers are a good team, with a good manager. Dennis knows the manager here well and he told me that he is a good man. He told me that they like to play football, [glow=red,2,300]they don't play long-ball and that made me happy, because that is the way that I like to play football. [/glow]I would play long-ball football, though, if it meant playing in games and getting the experience."

LuaLua is set to start a full week's training on Monday morning and could go straight into the Rovers squad for the visit of Watford on Saturday 4th April, an exciting prospect for a player hungry for first team action.

"That's why I have come here - to play football. I feel I need to play the first team football to get the experience for myself and then we'll see what happens. From my first day today, everything here seems good and I really enjoyed the training today."

For many Doncaster Rovers supporters, Lomana will be the better known of the LuaLua brothers; however Kazenga is a player that promises to offer a lot to Rovers push to ensure Championship football for another season.

"I like to take players on and I like to beat players. I have good pace, with or without the ball. If the manager gives me my chance, I will be doing my very best to take that chance. As I have said, I'm looking forward to getting some experience but my main strength is taking people on. I can play on the left or the right wing or I can play just behind the striker - but if the manager told me to play anywhere, I would play there."

The move to Doncaster will have been made easier for Kazenga, thanks to the sight of a familiar face, whose brother is also at St. James' Park.

"I knew Tomi Ameobi and I know his brother Shola. I knew Tomi from when he was playing at Newcastle and it's nice for me to have a friend from Newcastle here at Doncaster. It makes it a lot easier to settle."

LuaLua, who will wear the number 27 shirt vacated by Craig Nelthorpe, will remain at DN4 for the next month and the player's aim for that spell is simple.

"The month that I am here, I want to try my best. I want to improve myself and this is the first time that I have come out on loan to a club and to come to Doncaster has been really nice; I'm just here to try my best and do well."

Indirect criticism of the first team's overall pattern of play, and one where he stands little chance to develop as a ball-carrying winger/attacking midfielder?

We don't exactly create open space for our widemen, by spreading the play from left-to-right and so forth. Very little build-up play from the back, complimented with the outlet balls from the middle of the engine room to wide channels. 

Our inadequacies with regards to our ball-movent & overall pattern of play doesn't present as the ideal footballing education for a lightweight but otherwise quick & skillful youngster. Perhaps he sees that his football future - particularly learning the tools of the trade at a senior level - lies elsewhere.

good post.

the bit in bold really saddens me tbh

I thought this problem was behind us when KK ripped up Allardyce's football manual and restored football at Newcastle United. It's a shame Ashley's choice of manager to succeed him has seen us go backwards in more ways than one.

What a joke this club is becoming.. All this talk of emulating the Arsenal model, yet when a decent youngster comes by in a position where we don't have solid options we let him rot in the reserves or loan him out, instead of giving him the chance to prove what he can do.. And some fans don't question this mentality either, saying it's good for the lad to get some games under his belt and if not here then elsewhere. Of course it is good for him! But what about this relegation-threatened club pretending to be a nurturing ground for the world's football talent?! As with everything, actions speak louder than words, and Ashley & Co's actions continue to astound me..

Guest Phil K

Holy f***ing s***. Relegation scrap with an injury plagued team and they're loaning players f***ing out.

Its staggering isn't it ?

These b*st*rds should do a series "How to destroy a football club with 50,000+ gates"

I tell you - Ashley/Lambias/Kinnear/Houghton could get Man U relegated.

What a joke this club is becoming.. All this talk of emulating the Arsenal model, yet when a decent youngster comes by in a position where we don't have solid options we let him rot in the reserves or loan him out, instead of giving him the chance to prove what he can do.. And some fans don't question this mentality either, saying it's good for the lad to get some games under his belt and if not here then elsewhere. Of course it is good for him! But what about this relegation-threatened club pretending to be a nurturing ground for the world's football talent?! As with everything, actions speak louder than words, and Ashley & Co's actions continue to astound me..

:lol: :lol:

:kinnear: @ this post

:lol: :lol:

:kinnear: @ this post

Living up to your name I see, or do you care to comment on how these actions relate to our current plight and our ambitions to bring promising youngsters along..?

Arsenal have never loaned young players out like... Get a grip man. Whilst i think this board is shite and i think the club is run absolutely woefully, not every single little thing they do is totally negative in the extreme.

At the end of the day, he's not getting games but he needs them if he's gonne progress. Therefore we loan him out for a month. Good move, will improve the lad and hopefully us in the future.

Fucking hell.

At the end of the day Kinnear is our manager, Hughton is the man we are relying on to keep us up, Smith and Butt are mainstays in our team and we are not giving young players a fair chance.. That doesn't make any of this mess acceptable though, which is exactly what some of you are doing: accepting that this is the best we can hope for because in your minds none of this is going to change no matter how much we as fans complain about it. I think you are wrong: us fans are the 'customers' of this 'business'. Without us, there is no 'business'. It's up to Ashley to start proving he wants to provide a good quality 'service' or 'product' to us, or many of us will start to spend their money elsewhere to the detriment of the 'business'..

me and unbelievable don't agree on much but i'm with him here - why spend money on bairns "as the plans goes" and fuck all on the first team then employ a manager and coaching staff who only give the possibly decent bairns we have a chance when smith/duff/geremi et al are all injured?

a fucking monkey could the "established" players would take us down or close this season, why is ameobi playing ahead of carroll?  as an example

lua or duff/r taylor for the remainder of the season?

know my choice

joke move from a joke club

Arsenal have never loaned young players out like... Get a grip man. Whilst i think this board is shite and i think the club is run absolutely woefully, not every single little thing they do is totally negative in the extreme.

At the end of the day, he's not getting games but he needs them if he's gonne progress. Therefore we loan him out for a month. Good move, will improve the lad and hopefully us in the future.

Fucking hell.

Why couldn't Lua lua be considered for a bench role given our injury worries? How many alternatives have we got to play the right wing? Ryan Taylor who doesn't have the ability to beat an egg? Geremi who can manage 45 mins ambling up and down the pitch? Lua Lua would offer us something different even if it was just for the last 10 mins, i.e., pace, some skill, an eye for goal. What's the worst that could happen?

"Dennis Wise told me that Doncaster Rovers are a good team, with a good manager. Dennis knows the manager here well and he told me that he is a good man. He told me that they like to play football, they don't play long-ball and that made me happy, because that is the way that I like to play football. I would play long-ball football, though, if it meant playing in games and getting the experience."

Exactly, and this is the question that needs to be asked & put out there.

And I think its a bad move - like someone said, he could come on for 20mins n make a good run down the right which could lead to a goal, we need everything we've got at the moment, and especially with Duff injured, he would give us an alternative off the bench if we're desprate. Say we're losing away from home, where theres less pressure on him, he could come on and potentially liven things up, give a bit of pace.

Well under KK promising reserves were allowed to train with the first team. Probably aided development of the young as the board wanted. The fact that this lot are now shunted back into reserve training goes to show how the management are so backwards compared to those initial job requirements stated by Chris Mort.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Kazenga LuaLua offers Big Al new striking option

May 5 2009 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

KAZENGA LUALUA is set to offer Alan Shearer another option in the crucial final three games of the season.

The youngster slipped quietly down to Championship outfit Doncaster Rovers just days before Shearer’s big arrival on Tyneside and has since played four matches for the Keepmoat Stadium side.

It meant that LuaLua missed out on the excitement of Shearer coming to Toon, but he will get the chance to show the Newcastle gaffer what he can do in the final few fixtures with the Championship season all over.

The brother of Lomana LuaLua, who played alongside Shearer as a player during his 10 years as Toon No 9, was desperate for first-team action this season with the 18-year-old reaching a crucial stage in his development.

LuaLua started the campaign with an ankle injury picked up against Newcastle Blue Star in a pre-season friendly and was also hurt in the summer in a similar incident while playing tennis.

But he fought back to make several reserve team appearances and had five first team outings with United.

Now though with Doncaster’s season over, LuaLua will be available to Shearer in the last three Premier League games with Big Al another body down due to Joey Barton’s suspension.

LuaLua will also be available for the Northumberland Senior Cup final at St James’s Park on May 12 against Ashington.

Doncaster have been impressed by LuaLua on his loan stint and manager Sean O’Driscoll wants him back again next term on loan.

He said: We have the problem that if Newcastle come down into this division, they’re not going to lend one of their players to another Championship team, so fingers crossed that Newcastle stay up.

“I suppose there are a lot of clubs in the Championship who are hoping Newcastle come down, but for us, we would like them to stay up.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/05/05/lualua-another-option-for-al-72703-23544929/

I would consider starting him if we're playing 4-4-2. He's our only real RW atm :undecided:

can the fucker cross? If so I'd play Butt with Guthrie in the center, and plop the old Smith/Viduka partnership up front and watch them fly in.

:lol: