If we stay up, what then?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest fading star

No way of knowing. It depends what conclusion Ashley comes to really - he must know we're struggling but does he even realise it's up to him to do something about it?

If he's got any sense in him he'll bring in a better manager and give them a reasonable transfer kitty to work with. Doesn't have to be particularly extravagent, just reasonable, something like £15m+sales. That would see us fine.

Can't say I'm holding out a huge amount of hope mind. If he does nothing it'll be grim.

If he had any sense he have done that in January. 

Guest Howaythetoon

What needs to happen:

New MD

Wise removed

New manager

Investment in the team

Dead wood removed

What will happen:

More of the same...

Guest BooBoo

If we stay up, have a mass clear out and buy turgid crap like Ryan Taylor and have the whole operation overseen by Kinnear, then we could quite easily finish rock bottom next term.

We'll get rid of a few high earners, but keep most of the deadwood, make pub league signings like Ryan Taylor (who has been fucking gash) and struggle again. We're just not a big or good club right now, and two words to prove that: Joe Kinnear.

Kinnear will get a permanent contract. We'll sign more rubbish players, sell our better ones, do even worse than this season and be relegated...but it's all moot since we WILL be relegated this season undoubtedly.

You just can't believe a businessman would make such monkey-brain decisions

You can understand a businessman listening to the people around him though. If Ashley is clueless (as most of us suspect) then he can only go on what the people he's appointed advise him.

Presumably Wise thinks the squad and manager are as good as Llambias does.

Ill bite.... IMO ashley is a very good business manager. However when it comes to leadership he really does fail. He hasnt recruited people who share the same goals, he fails at empowering those around him and as leader he has failed to recruit the right people to make notion of his "grand plans". Im hoping he changes his approach and specifically takes note of the last part of leadership i believe which is critical to success.

If Ashley intends to stick with the continental system, he needs to get rid of wise and Llambias and bring in a a proper DoF and allow him to bring in his own team of scouts. Ideally Chris Mort would return but failing that, it isn't diffcult to find a british businessman with strong footballing knowledge is you look beyond you poker buddies.

A new manager should be appointed of course. I'd suggest Bruce, Van Gaal or Avram Grant who should be allowed to bring in a couple of seasoned assistants. Kinnear, Hughton and Calderwood should be thanked and given their p45.

Finally, a net investment of no less than £20m in the first team. An emphasis on creativty would be nice, and i'd not be adverse to serious investment (at the expense of stopgap players like Nolan) in a massive scouting drive in South America.

Ashley is running his "business model" exactly as he intended now

get a grip man

why do you disagree ?

his business model was for us to be in the bottom 3 in early april was it?

there's a huge difference between frustratingly incompetent decision making and "a plan" as we saw with FS

the man is fucking up royally, to say he's following a plan is mental - i don't even think he's following his original financial plan due to a number of external factors that have occurred since he bought the club, never mind any football plan he might have had

that's why and it gives him precisely 0% credit before you start

Heard yesterday, that we were 5th when he took over.

I dont know how anybody can be behind him and retain any credibility.

Ashley will, let the club settle at whatever level, it reaches break even or a small profit. Untill he sells.

Be that championship, or league 1 , thats what he will do.

what does that even mean?

He will reduce spending, till he breaks even, or makes a profit, regardless of where that has the team ending up.

We could be relegated a couple of times while he makes the club self sufficient.

Please tell me you can understand that.

Shall i draw you a picture?

get a grip man

why do you disagree ?

there's a huge difference between frustratingly incompetent decision making and "a plan" as we saw with FS

the man is fucking up royally, to say he's following a plan is mental - i don't even think he's following his original financial plan due to a number of external factors that have occurred since he bought the club, never mind any football plan he might have had

I said business model, not football model. He thought that we would always get capacity crowds, or close to, whatever our league position, and probably thought we always had had capacity crowds. In other words he was a clueless tosspot like many other people.

What he doesn't understand - like many other people - is that the success on the pitch drives the success of the business [in an industry where very few clubs if any make profits] and not the other way around.

I've seen many blind views on these message boards over the years, but the blind and misunderstood hatred of the old regime is by far the worst, which I could understand up to a point by those who didn't know any different, but what amazes me now is the amount of people still clinging to it, and attempting to justify Ashley watching the team go down and down while clinging to his "plan", whatever it is.

In answer to the threads title, if we stay up next season will be exactly the same, until eventually we go down. Its inevitable. I've said this a few times. And in a lower division, with less revenue, we will see less investment again. In short, prepare for a dose of REAL shit, the likes of which those who think they have witnessed this over the last few years, couldn't dream of.

Ashley will, let the club settle at whatever level, it reaches break even or a small profit. Untill he sells.

He will reduce spending, till he breaks even, or makes a profit, regardless of where that has the team ending up.

We could be relegated a couple of times while he makes the club self sufficient.

you're talking about him reducing an asset worth 250m when he bought down to lets say 70m

so yeah, maybe you'd better draw me a picture

precisely, and was becoming more and more obvious even before Keegan walked through the door.

get a grip man

why do you disagree ?

I said business model, not football model. He thought that we would always get capacity crowds, or close to, whatever our league position, and probably thought we always had had capacity crowds. In other words he was a clueless tosspot like many other people.

What he doesn't understand - like many other people - is that the success on the pitch drives the success of the business [in an industry where very few clubs if any make profits] and not the other way around.

I've seen many blind views on these message boards over the years, but the blind and misunderstood hatred of the old regime is by far the worst, which I could understand up to a point by those who didn't know any different, but what amazes me now is the amount of people still clinging to it, and attempting to justify Ashley watching the team go down and down while clinging to his "plan", whatever it is.

you didn't read a single fucking word i wrote did you?

i'm so disappointed in myself that i even got involved again, find someone else mate i know you talk a modicum of sense but i'm refusing to be ignored in discussions these days...if you want to acknowledge the precipice the club was on before ashley bought it then we'll talk otherwise lets carry on with the detente, i prefer it that way

you're talking about him reducing an asset worth 250m when he bought down to lets say 70m

so yeah, maybe you'd better draw me a picture

He couldnt find a buyer so he has switched to plan B,.. stop spending money , consolidate his loss. He will run the club without a loss, could see us in the Championship, or league 1.

This is really straightforward, are you not well or something????