Ireland Internationals

Decky

Guest Geordiesned

Did anyone seriously expect the surrender monkeys FA to agree to a replay? Why would they want to dispel the notion of them being a country of cunts?

Guest Heneage

Did anyone seriously expect the surrender monkeys FA to agree to a replay? Why would they want to dispel the notion of them being a country of c***s?

I loved the fact they said no. Everyone would expect you to say yes knowing full well Fifa would turn round and say 'We aren't replaying the game.'

But France just go 'Nah we don't think it should be replayed.'

with this whole video technology debate raging on for the last few pages, I have a question:

If video replays were implemented in the game, which leagues/tournaments etc... would it apply to? Would it become a uniform way to judge football across the board? Poor nations, lower divisions, friendlies between Nepal and Madagascar, WC qualifiers between Western Samoa and Fiji?

Is it affordable enough to become law?

with this whole video technology debate raging on for the last few pages, I have a question:

If video replays were implemented in the game, which leagues/tournaments etc... would it apply to? Would it become a uniform way to judge football across the board? Poor nations, lower divisions, friendlies between Nepal and Madagascar, WC qualifiers between Western Samoa and Fiji?

Most professional games are recorded anyway.  Any leagues having difficulty affording it should be helped by FIFA.  Surely that is their role.  World football isn't exactly poor, or at least the corrupt governing body isn't.

To be honest, with Keane I think it's his last attempt at a kick in the teeth at the IFA. 'Leading' another team to oblivion doesn't sit well with him so he'll have a go before his last 'meaningful' contribution to football is over. Good Footballer. Shit Person. Worse Coach.  Like Alex Ferguson without the class. :coolsmiley:

Roy Keane has never had anything to do with the IFA.  :huff:

YES - this is the 21st century, technology is cheaper than it ever was. IF they want to be part of it, they must do it. If it suited FIFA they would introduce it in a shot.

Guest Roger Kint

Am not a believer in this argument like with the 'grassroots' one some people trawl out each time somebody suggests a little common sense for the top level. In the end how many grassroots games do you see a ref, two assistants AND a fourth official? Theres already differences at different levels so the option should be there to use it if its viable for each league. Like its been said most leagues are videoed anyway so it could be implemented. If teams in say Nepal cant afford it then that league simply doesnt use it domestically, cant see an issue really. As long as its an all or nothing option for each league of course, bit harsh if the Man Utd of Nepal have it but nobody else ;D

I do wonder how many refereeing decisions in football can be made with total 100% certainty, even with the benefit of video technology. I'd say it could be as low as 10%. The Henry situation is the exception, not the rule.

Note - I'm not talking about making better decisions with video technology, I'm talking about making decisions from the position of certainty, which is what you'd need to actually over-rule the ref's decision.

What you'd end up with this 'appeal' system isn't an end to an argument, it'd be a continuation of it in most cases. Maybe as far as Courts of Law, which you'd have to try to avoid at all costs.

It's all very well saying it's worked in other sports, but quite simply football isn't like other sports.

It's all very well saying it's worked in other sports, but quite simply football isn't like other sports.

Like NFL isn't like any other sport, or Rugby Union.  The difference with football is the governing body is the most backward of almost all sporting organisations.

for those wanting technologoy brought in for these sort of occasions....NO! are we going to question every tackle,every nudge,every hold that could be a foul, not to mentipon off the ball stuff, as they could all change the game. no one would have gave a toss had gallas been 10yds back and terry henry cross had went aimlessly across the box.

imagine every game being dragged back 10secs later for some minor infringment.....each corner would take an hour as the bloke with the video worked out which foul came first from all the camera angles.

refs make mistakes,even in the nfl mistrakes are made and that takes nigh on 4hrs to complete a 60minute game.........fuck that.

for those wanting technologoy brought in for these sort of occasions....NO! are we going to question every tackle,every nudge,every hold that could be a foul, not to mentipon off the ball stuff, as they could all change the game. no one would have gave a toss had gallas been 10yds back and terry henry cross had went aimlessly across the box.

imagine every game being dragged back 10secs later for some minor infringment.....each corner would take an hour as the bloke with the video worked out which foul came first from all the camera angles.

refs make mistakes,even in the nfl mistrakes are made and that takes nigh on 4hrs to complete a 60minute game.........f*** that.

When has it ever been suggested that a playback would be used for ever tackle?  Total exageration on your part.  If a ref is going to ask for a video replay for every tackle, he will soon find himself off the pro list.  Be sensible ffs.

refs make mistakes,even in the nfl mistrakes are made and that takes nigh on 4hrs to complete a 60minute game.........f*** that.

When has it ever been suggested that a playback would be used for ever tackle?  Total exageration on your part.  If a ref is going to ask for a video replay for every tackle, he will soon find himself off the pro list.  Be sensible ffs.

well it would have to be if it was to be fair or should it only be before goals ?

well it would have to be if it was to be fair or should it only be before goals ?

It is used in other sports where the ref is unsure or it is a major decision. Ref's dont want to be shown up for giving pens that werent every week, but they also dont want to be seen as being unable to get the majority of decisions right with their own eyes.  I would seriously expect there to be 3 - 4 decisions max per game for a replay decision.  If it was going to be more I wouldnt agree with it.  I have been a ref and none of them would want to be seen to need advice on a throw in.  In most cases after a goal, by the time the players have celecrated the 4th official could have made the right decision.  If he cant decide, the refs original call stands.

To be honest, with Keane I think it's his last attempt at a kick in the teeth at the IFA. 'Leading' another team to oblivion doesn't sit well with him so he'll have a go before his last 'meaningful' contribution to football is over. Good Footballer. Shit Person. Worse Coach. Like Alex Ferguson without the class. :coolsmiley:

Roy Keane has never had anything to do with the IFA. :huff:

All right then the fucking FAI then for fuck sake. Jesus. Or is that offensive to the christian representitives of ireland.

It is used in other sports where the ref is unsure or it is a major decision. Ref's dont want to be shown up for giving pens that werent every week, but they also dont want to be seen as being unable to get the majority of decisions right with their own eyes.  I would seriously expect there to be 3 - 4 decisions max per game for a replay decision.  If it was going to be more I wouldnt agree with it.  I have been a ref and none of them would want to be seen to need advice on a throw in.  In most cases after a goal, by the time the players have celecrated the 4th official could have made the right decision.  If he cant decide, the refs original call stands.

in other sports it isn't used all the time.  very much ijust in certain situatians. i'm pretty sure if it had been used in tha way that the the irish wouldn't have complained about the pen they got against georgia after seeing it.

edit...i'll pm you a link to the pen against georgia if you want....notice they didn't whine about that ?

Weren't the Republic one of the first countries to push for membership of the EU? Fuck off and appeal to Brussels then instead of filling the back pages of British newspapers with your sob stories.

in other sports it isn't used all the time.  very much ijust in certain situatians. i'm pretty sure if it had been used in tha way that the the irish wouldn't have complained about the pen they got against georgia after seeing it.

edit...i'll pm you a link to the pen against georgia if you want....notice they didn't whine about that ?

Let's get this straight.  I couldn't give a shit about Ireland, I have no affinity or time for them tbh.  My issue is about progression.  The point is also not about players whingeing about this or that.  It is about getting the right outcome where it is easily available.  I've made mistakes and people have told me I was wrong.  Would I have liked to be able to take 30 seconds to decide on one or two?  Too right.  Being asked to review 6, 10 or 20 decisions each game, you shouldn't be anywhere near the pitch imo.