Alan Shearer contract latest: long gone

Shearergol

Guest gggg

Do we even consider "What next" if they can't reach an agreement?

Get straight onto Martinez or Irvine, proven championship managers with potential.

Get straight onto Martinez or Irvine, proven championship managers with potential.

That would imply an element of urgency or foresight.  I'm sure Hughton could get us off to a good start for the first 10 games or so.

That would imply an element of urgency or foresight.  I'm sure Hughton could get us off to a good start for the first 10 games or so.

Yeah that's the  ticket, I'm sure he'll do an admirable job, no need to rush into anything.

If Shearer did not take the job does anyone think Bruce would consider the role? It sounds daft as to why would he leave a Prem team for a fizzy pop one, but by the sounds of it he at least talk to Sunderland, if we are close to his heart (which I doubt that much) then maybe his head could be turned despite are current position.

Guest The Libertine

If Shearer did not take the job does anyone think Bruce would consider the role? It sounds daft as to why would he leave a Prem team for a fizzy pop one, but by the sounds of it he at least talk to Sunderland, if we are close to his heart (which I doubt that much) then maybe his head could be turned despite are current position.

i think he would. any clever manager should see that, while it would take some work, this club could be huge. even now i'd say we're worth at least 2 of wigan.

Guest Heneage

Hahahha!  :mackems:

Massive massive fail from GM there.

I shoulda just left it there actually. :lol:

You are not the new George Orwell that's for sure, was just funny seeing "BREAKING NEWS" then Rick Roll video next to it.

Hahahha!  :mackems:

Massive massive fail from GM there.

I shoulda just left it there actually. :lol:

You are not the new George Orwell that's for sure, was just funny seeing "BREAKING NEWS" then Rick Roll video next to it.

I could try and pretend it was all intentional in a very post-ironic manner. But I won't. Because it wasn't.

It was just an epic fail. :lol: