Alan Shearer contract latest: long gone

Shearergol

Guest Roger Kint

.com stating this whole tomorrow business is bollocks.

We have been lied to ad nausuem by all areas of the press and Hughton takes over training next wEDNESDAY

Guest Roger Kint

how would nufc.com be any more in the know. unless the chronicle back track aswell?

How do you know the media were right about anything though?

Everyone in the know have signed non disclosures, speculation is widespread so its still a matter of wait and see rather than chose to beleive whatever story you feel like.

Guest Roger Kint

harris from seymour seemed confident of sale by end of the month.

Im not saying the journos are right by the way

Harris was confident last time too :kinnear:

harris from seymour seemed confident of sale by end of the month.

Im not saying the journos are right by the way

Harris was confident last time too :kinnear:

I'd rather he's sounding confident than going on about how it's an unsellable club.

I seem to remember harris back tracking last time saying price was too high to get any further that small interest. ( i could be wrong mind)

this time he seemed confident as cost is much lower.

This is all getting very depressing just wished it was all over.

Must be really boring supporting other teams they never get this much to worry about

No, I agree that it doesn't mean anything, and I'm aware that we've been fucked over dozens of times by these clowns. But on the other hand, this negativity that has somewhat taken a hold of this forum isn't exactly helping either. I'd rather be stupid and actually BELIEVE that we will somehow get out of this mess than being a cynical bastard and crying wolf all the time.

But maybe that's just me.

No, I agree that it doesn't mean anything, and I'm aware that we've been fucked over dozens of times by these clowns. But on the other hand, this negativity that has somewhat taken a hold of this forum isn't exactly helping either. I'd rather be stupid and actually BELIEVE that we will somehow get out of this mess than being a cynical bastard and crying wolf all the time.

But maybe that's just me.

Totally know where you're coming from mate. :sadnod:

We need some light at the end of the tunnel to keep us going though.

I think that within the next week and a half we will officially accept a bid from one party(with the intention of them taking over the club), however i think it will take another couple of weeks for anything real to happen in terms of the new owners even arriving in Newcastle.

I expect every step of this takeover to be long and drawn out. However, once one party is clearly ahead of all others, a manager may be appointed.

I think that within the next week and a half we will officially accept a bid from one party(with the intention of them taking over the club), however i think it will take another couple of weeks for anything real to happen in terms of the new owners even arriving in Newcastle.

I expect every step of this takeover to be long and drawn out. However, once one party is clearly ahead of all others, a manager may be appointed.

If a manager (whoever that is) is not appointed within a few days to a week of the players returning I think it's curtains. The training ground will be absolutely awash with rumour and gossip which is never a good thing. No owner, no manager, no future. Everyone will want out.

If a manager (whoever that is) is not appointed within a few days to a week of the players returning I think it's curtains. The training ground will be absolutely awash with rumour and gossip which is never a good thing. No owner, no manager, no future. Everyone will want out.

And if that was the case, would Shearer then want the job.

And if that was the case, would Shearer then want the job.

Dunno, but if we got to that point I'm not sure it'd matter.

Have Portsmouth been officially sold yet?My point being,this is a time consuming exercise,and I believe Pompey have been waiting longer than us for something concrete.

Their prospective buyers agreed to buy them before Ashley had even announced he was going to sell our club and their takeover is STILL not done. This is why the end of a month is an unlikely deadline for us.