Alan Shearer contract latest: long gone

Shearergol

i wonder if it crossed shearers mind,as he is apparently favourite to land the job whoever the new owners are, to offer his services from the first day back for free ?

it would make it almost impossible for anyone to get rid of him and be a damn sight better for him to start early as opposed to come in at a later date ?

unless he has been kept informed/in contact with any of the interested parties and he is doing other work behind the scenes.

I find it funny that a lot of supporters seem to think that Shearer hates whoever the toon concensus dislikes, ie Shepherd.

I remember reading on the AOL boards by an ITK that Shearer hated Robert and often had to physically threaten him in training. Next week the two of them were spotten by a mate, walking their dogs together near Darras Hall

i wonder if it crossed shearers mind,as he is apparently favourite to land the job whoever the new owners are, to offer his services from the first day back for free ?

it would make it almost impossible for anyone to get rid of him and be a damn sight better for him to start early as opposed to come in at a later date ?

unless he has been kept informed/in contact with any of the interested parties and he is doing other work behind the scenes.

this is exactly what i thought myself - do it for nothing for a few weeks and if the new owners don't want him then at least he'll have done something positive

still, sure it's more complicated than that though

Guest toonlass

this is exactly what i thought myself - do it for nothing for a few weeks and if the new owners don't want him then at least he'll have done something positive

still, sure it's more complicated than that though

I reckon Shearer has already got a say in pre-season training, unofficially. I bet he has left instructions with Calderwood and Hughton about how he wants things done.

I'd like to think we can take Shearer's silence on the whole affair as good enough reason to suggest he knows far more than is in the public domain. Undoubtedly he's going to have been asked for his opinion on the whole affair, but he has chosen to maintain a dignified silence, as has the likes of Dowie etc.

Most likely(hopeful) scenario is that once the preferred bidder is announced, Shearer pretty much assumes control there and then with the blessing of the new owner. We should hopefully see a flurry of transfer activity pretty quickly following this. It's quite interesting to note that a lot of the players Shearer has been linked to have yet to commit their futures anywhere else.

I'd like to think we can take Shearer's silence on the whole affair as good enough reason to suggest he knows far more than is in the public domain. Undoubtedly he's going to have been asked for his opinion on the whole affair, but he has chosen to maintain a dignified silence, as has the likes of Dowie etc.

Most likely(hopeful) scenario is that once the preferred bidder is announced, Shearer pretty much assumes control there and then with the blessing of the new owner. We should hopefully see a flurry of transfer activity pretty quickly following this. It's quite interesting to note that a lot of the players Shearer has been linked to have yet to commit their futures anywhere else.

not been able to follow events closely recently, who are you referring to out of interest?

not been able to follow events closely recently, who are you referring to out of interest?

according to the press...frasier campbell,ched evans,chris gunter.

according to the press...frasier campbell,ched evans,chris gunter.

Jermaine Beckford who everyone seems to think is a shoo-in. It might be a case of putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 8 but it just seems that the silence from Shearer is strange given how much he wants the job.

With Hughton following Shearer's instructions in relation to the training camp as well. And most of the pre-season friendlies were arranged by Shearer if the press are to be believed. I think the fact that very little has been said by players who may want away should Shearer not be appointed manager too, the likes of Taylor and Beye. There was little bits in the press when the away strip was launched, but no direct quotes attributed to them. I know the sale and purchase of players is pretty much on hold at the minute, but if any players wanted away desperately enough I'm sure they could engineer one through derisory comments in the media etc..

Guest michaelfoster

In the last week MK Dons, Swansea, Stockport & WBA have all appointed new managers, we are the only club in the Football League without a manager :(

Shearer expects to be named manager; he doesn't however know when or know who the new owners will be. At least that was the position at the beginning of last week. No news really -  but that was from the horses mouth.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Shearer expects to be named manager; he doesn't however know when or know who the new owners will be. At least that was the position at the beginning of last week. No news really -  but that was from the horses mouth.

What about Shearer, any news from him? Would be more reliable source surely.

Guest fading star

No, Shearer clearly enjoyed being a manager. It’s no longer a case of us or nobody, and as much as he cares about NUFC he’ll be seething at Ashley’s games. I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see him stick two fingers up at the fat one and head off for St. Mary’s. Prove his worth and come back on few years to see if the sale of the club has been completed.

It's a tricky one I think.

What if Shearer is canny good here for 4 years or so and then moves on to another club/challenge. We won't have gotten the best of him as he'll surely only improve.

If thats is the case then I would predict he would come back too us when he's nearing the end of his career, a sentimental home coming.

It would benefit us more if we had him as manager at the top of his game.

(This all depends on whether or not he's actually any good like)

Guest dazzanufc1892

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2529480/Sheario.html

By GEOFF SWEET

Published: Today

ALAN SHEARER is ready to walk out on Newcastle because he is sick of being kept in the dark over the club's future.

The furious Toon idol has no firm idea who is involved in the bidding to take over the relegated Magpies and feels isolated by owner Mike Ashley and managing director Derek Llambias.

The Sun can also reveal:

Shearer has held secret talks with the BBC about returning to Match of the Day.

He is sickened at the way Joey Barton has been allowed back at the club.

He feels it is already too late to rebuild the side with the new season just four weeks away.

Shearer was hailed as the messiah when he accepted Ashley's challenge to try to keep Newcastle in the Premier League with only eight games to go.

But his mission failed and he finds himself playing golf while Ashley tries to find a new owner.

Shearer, who fell out with Barton after the midfielder was sent off at Liverpool, has not been seen at the club this summer as Chris Hughton has taken charge of pre-season training.

A close pal of Shearer's said: "Communication would appear not to be Ashley's strength.

"He and Llambias have kept Alan guessing but time is running out if he is to return and install his plans for a promotion charge.

"The Toon fans look upon him as 'The Messiah'. But he can hardly work a miracle when he's being frozen out by Ashley.

"And he feels betrayed at the way Joey Barton has been allowed to return to training. That's a real kick in the teeth for Alan."

Malaysian businessman Ananda Krishnan yesterday became the latest person to deny reports he is interested in purchasing the club for a knockdown £100m.

But the Singapore-based Profitable Group confirmed they have tabled a bid.

Been thinking about this a lot earlier. Theoretically, couldn't Shearer approach Ashley and offer to become our temporary manager, without pay, until we're sold? I'm sure he could go without being paid for a few weeks. It also would bring so many benefits, not only to the club but it would work in his favour too. For example:

Shearer starts work tomorrow. The players are happier because they've now got some direction and a figure who the vast majority want in charge, which should also persuade the likes of Taylor and Beye to stay at the club. Potential new owners are happier because at least the playing side of the club is now being looked after properly. This then looks good on Shearer's part (rolling his sleeves up and working for free to help the club out when things are really looking grim), putting him well and truly in the new owners' thoughts of who to appoint permanently.

Is it really that far-fetched?

Not to go poking the wasps nest here, but what evidence do we have that Ashley is being unreasonable? Isn't it possible that the bidders are themselves trying to negotiate the best deal possible and won't meet his evaluation?

Again, I'm not saying this is what I think, just putting it out there as a possibility as I haven't seen any evidence that Ashley is being more of a dick than usual.

Not to go poking the wasps nest here, but what evidence do we have that Ashley is being unreasonable? Isn't it possible that the bidders are themselves trying to negotiate the best deal possible and won't meet his evaluation?

Again, I'm not saying this is what I think, just putting it out there as a possibility as I haven't seen any evidence that Ashley is being more of a dick than usual.

Lack of communication between board and players to the extent that the players have now broken ranks shows unreasonableness of boardroom. Unwillingness to appoint Shearer despite everyone wanting him is unreasonable.

Lack of communication between board and players to the extent that the players have now broken ranks shows unreasonableness of boardroom. Unwillingness to appoint Shearer despite everyone wanting him is unreasonable.

Yeah it looks increasingly likely that Shearer was quite blunt in his assessment of Ashley's tenure at the club. Wouldn't surprise me if Shearer laid most of the blame for relegation at his feet, which struck a nerve, hence the sale of the club, and perhaps why he refuses to appoint him as manager. Given that the season is only just over 3 weeks from the start it makes no sense to block any movement in or out of the club.

If the stories keep building up about disenchantment from the players, perhaps they should take their cases to the PFA. As the players' union, they should be able to get some answers from the club's hierarchy, even if they're not the answers they'd like to hear. It's completely unacceptable, and I just hope that this has tarnished Ashley's reputation sufficently that it has as damaging effect on his "career" as he has our club