Alan Shearer contract latest: long gone

Shearergol

Doesn't it seem a pretty pointless exercise negotiating conditions for the coming season with an owner who doesn't plan to be in charge next season anyway?

I got the feeling it was after Ashley heard the Shearer/Dowie conditions that he paraphrased "f*** it, can't be arsed with this - I'm selling." Hence the negotiations ended up in limbo.

thats tyhe feeling i got. not so much on the personal terms but with regard to how much they wanted him to put up.

Doesn't it seem a pretty pointless exercise negotiating conditions for the coming season with an owner who doesn't plan to be in charge next season anyway?

I got the feeling it was after Ashley heard the Shearer/Dowie conditions that he paraphrased "f*** it, can't be arsed with this - I'm selling." Hence the negotiations ended up in limbo.

thats tyhe feeling i got. not so much on the personal terms but with regard to how much they wanted him to put up.

Yep, I don't think personal terms had anything to do with it - that's just the usual press bollocks.

As for Keegan. Not a chance. Do you honestly think the players will want him back after he left them in the shite last September? I can just see him back at his first training session explaining that one, "Yeah lads, sorry I ditched you lot, but you must accept I've got priniciples. Anyway I'm back now so all's brilliant again. Anyway, the squad for Blackpool is..."

Aye youre right. When we have a bunch of players that has regularly displayed such unity, togetherness, and never say die spirit (in the fight for survival), it would be an utter disaster to their morale and all round love of NUFC to bring Keegan back.

Fuck the players. The next manager has to be appointed regarldess of what they think. If they dont like they can fuck off

As for Keegan. Not a chance. Do you honestly think the players will want him back after he left them in the s**** last September? I can just see him back at his first training session explaining that one, "Yeah lads, sorry I ditched you lot, but you must accept I've got priniciples. Anyway I'm back now so all's brilliant again. Anyway, the squad for Blackpool is..."

Aye youre right. When we have a bunch of players that has regularly displayed such unity, togetherness, and never say die spirit (in the fight for survival), it would be an utter disaster to their morale and all round love of NUFC to bring Keegan back.

f*** the players. The next manager has to be appointed regarldess of what they think. If they dont like they can f*** off

The players were showing it to Keegan though. The likes of Geremi, Butt, Owen, Viduka & Martins were putting in performances for Keegan, Jonas, Coloccini & Guthrie were showing early signs of being good buys, the spirit seemed good...and then he walked out on them.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Anyone who thinks we should appoint Keegan again is a fucking idiot.

I dont

Not suggesting you do just making the point that'd it'd be an absolute joke to appoint him again for various reasons.

Part of me does just to see how fucking mental this club can get. You know, like just doing it for the fun and fame. Anyone ever done painting when they were a kid - a nice picture - which you then messed up with a few wrong-coloured dribbles, which pissed you off, so you just started randomly throwing whole pots of paint at the paper before setting fire to it and stamping on it and things? Kind of like that.

Why is this even being brought up?

I'm fairly certain that Shepherd has stated publicly his dislike for Keegan.

Keegan quit here in September because he didn't have control over transfers yet he'll come back to work with Shepherd who has a history of buying and selling players without consulting the manager.

Anyone who thinks we should appoint Keegan again is a f***ing idiot.

Who's thinking and/or saying that?

I speculated that if Freddy gets us Big Al would walk away and Fat Fred would try to lure Keegan back.

Guest sicko2ndbest

We will not have a manager until we have new owners, and seeing that Harris says that we will hopefully have those by the end of the month, a manager will not be apointed beforehand

We will not have a manager until we have new owners, and seeing that Harris says that we will hopefully have those by the end of the month, a manager will not be apointed beforehand

:sadnod:

Hopefully Shearer (or whoever) will be willing to hang on and do some talking to players/agents/clubs off the record in the meantime.

I know if I was looking to buy the club then I would already have plans ready to go if I diod get it, so if any buyers are wanting Al as manager you would think they would have sounded him out a bit to see if he is willing to work for them, or any manager really.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I know if I was looking to buy the club then I would already have plans ready to go if I diod get it, so if any buyers are wanting Al as manager you would think they would have sounded him out a bit to see if he is willing to work for them, or any manager really.

Without the written guarantee that the club will be sold to them, they would be foolish to commit to anything

Without the written guarantee that the club will be sold to them, they would be foolish to commit to anything

Maybe not making commitments, but there would be nothing to stop say Shepherd *shudder* speaking to Shearer and asking the craic.

Aye, agree with that. Same applies for any other manager they might want too.

Yup, they are not going to buy a club and then start trying to find a manager, and if theese are indeed local people after buying us then I reckon Al will be top oif their list, if only to try and generate funds by having him here.

No comitment to nayone but you would have to sound them out.