Alan Shearer contract latest: long gone

Shearergol

Heaven help anyone who buys the club and decides not to appoint Shearer, the media will whip the idiots into immediate boycoutt mode.

For me it depends wholly on who the alternative is of course, but yeah. It wouldn't be pretty, and would be an awful start for whoever takes over in PR terms at least.

Heaven help anyone who buys the club and decides not to appoint Shearer, the media will whip the idiots into immediate boycoutt mode.

For me it depends wholly on who the alternative is of course

Should do to most sensible people, but even if it was Mourinho it would be spun as "[Nationality] Mafia shun Geordie's messiah, Toon Army inconsolable as hero Alan forced out of club", something which I'm sure the element who hang around SSN vans trying to get on telly would probably be happy to go along with

Shepherd may have learned from his mistakes.......

Considering he's never even acknowledged that he made any mistakes to begin with makes me think that he's learned nothing.

Anyone who thinks we should appoint Keegan again is a f***ing idiot.

Who's thinking and/or saying that?

I speculated that if Freddy gets us Big Al would walk away and Fat Fred would try to lure Keegan back.

Why would you think Shearer would walk away if Shepherd came back?

Guest fraser

I've heard very differing opinions on how well Shearer and Shepherd get on.

I think Shearer was the real reason Gullit went (dropped) and SBR went (dropped). No evidence other than timings of course.

Guest BooBoo

The last thing the club needs is the return of Coward Keegan. It would really strecth my patience to breaking point.

Guest Brummiemag

The last thing the club needs is the return of Coward Keegan. It would really strecth my patience to breaking point.

I would really welcome a Keegan return under new owners, it wont happen though

Guest BooBoo

Why though? Just so he can spit the dummy and sod off the next time he doesnt agree with something?

Why though? Just so he can spit the dummy and sod off the next time he doesnt agree with something?

Agree with this.

Guest Brummiemag

Because he was turning the club around again, getting results, starting to play good football and making me feel optimistic about the future of the club for the first time in ages. If only he had been given control over transfers to which he was surely entitled and the financial backing to which he was surely promised then he would still be here and we wouldnt be in the mess we are in now, in fact in all likelihood we would be looking forward to challenging for a Europa Cup spot next season. Thats why

Guest firetotheworks

:lol:

Everytime I go on a longish thread theres some mention of Keegan. If I didn't laugh I'd cry.