Alan Shearer contract latest: long gone

Shearergol

Guest Brewcastle

Will have thrown away £40 if Shearer ain't in charge against WBA. That's a lot of money for a scummy student.

Don't we all support Newcastle United FC not Alan Shearer FC?

Newcastle United + Alan Shearer = Newcastle United FC  :coolsmiley:

Will have thrown away £40 if Shearer ain't in charge against WBA. That's a lot of money for a scummy student.

Don't we all support Newcastle United FC not Alan Shearer FC?

Put a bet on, got pretty shite odds as well, 6/5, I was 99.9% certain I thought it was easy money, all other bookies had stopped taking bets.

I think he means he hoyed a bet on.

My opinion of Shearer is this: i'm not mad about him, he struggled last season (although to be fair who wouldn't) and I think our current situation needs stability rather than another fucking 'messiah' and that's why i'd much prefer a Strachan or Curbs type figure.

To an extent I agree, but I think this is the right time for Shearer. Also, his shadow will remain over whoever comes in if they don't get us promoted immediately, regardless of circumstance, which is a major issue. We won't get screwed too badly if Shearer comes in (i.e. we won't go down again, probably top half) and I think this is the right time to show what he's made of.

My opinion of Shearer is this: i'm not mad about him, he struggled last season (although to be fair who wouldn't) and I think our current situation needs stability rather than another fucking 'messiah' and that's why i'd much prefer a Strachan or Curbs type figure.

To an extent I agree, but I think this is the right time for Shearer. Also, his shadow will remain over whoever comes in if they don't get us promoted immediately, regardless of circumstance, which is a major issue. We won't get screwed too badly if Shearer comes in (i.e. we won't go down again, probably top half) and I think this is the right time to show what he's made of.

He's done nothing in his eight games at the club to prove that.

He's very raw and in our current state i'd rather we weren't relying on an effectively untried and untested manager to haul us out of the shite. Once the situation is sorted out by all means let him have his bash in the hotseat so he can bring in his own players and backroom staff but to give him the job now would be suicide for the club and himself.

He's done nothing in his eight games at the club to prove that.

He's very raw and in our current state i'd rather we weren't relying on an effectively untried and untested manager to haul us out of the shite. Once the situation is sorted out by all means let him have his bash in the hotseat so he can bring in his own players and backroom staff but to give him the job now would be suicide for the club and himself.

His results were poor, I agree, I just got a good feeling about him when he was managing us; as though he will have what it takes (to some extent). It's also easier to be a manager in this league imo, a fair few are comfortably good enough for the championship but not good enough in the prem (dog wanker, mccarthy).

I can see why there are doubts etc., I've just got a feeling it would work. If that doesn't win you round I don't know what will.

Guest fading star

MOTD returns to our screens in three weeks. Shearer would have clarify his intentions before then?

Gut feelings simply don't wash with me. Sorry.

They're all I use. CBA with coming to decent conclusions based on fact and evidence, seems like a lot of effort. Just hope for the best. I've bet on Shola to be top scorer ffs.

Gut feelings simply don't wash with me. Sorry.

They're all I use. CBA with coming to decent conclusions based on fact and evidence, seems like a lot of effort. Just hope for the best. I've bet on Shola to be top scorer ffs.

Couldn't you be arsed with typing "I can't be arsed."? ;D

CBA has to be the most appropriate acronym to date. O0

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/116026/Pal-Lee-warns-Newcastle-Alan-won-t-wait-forever-for-the-job/

PAL LEE WARNS NEWCASTLE ALAN WON’T WAIT FOREVER FOR THE JOB

Friday July 24,2009

By Niall Hickman

TYNESIDE legend Alan Shearer is ready to turn his back on his beloved Newcastle United in disgust at the way owner Mike Ashley has failed to sell the club this summer.

Shearer is furious that Ashley is holding out for £100million and has so far not managed to offload the Magpies despite interest from various consortia, all of whom have fallen short of the asking price. Shearer was expected to be named permanent boss at St James’ Park shortly after the club was relegated last season, but he continues to wait in the wings.

With the new Championship season set to start in a fortnight, Shearer’s close friend and former Newcastle team-mate Rob Lee said: “I speak to Alan every day and he’s frustrated to say the least. He’s coming to the end of his tether now. He’s waited for ages and been told that things were due to happen, but nothing has and he’s very frustrated.

“He organised all the pre-season games at the end of last season but he also had targets in mind that he wanted to bring in to the club. Now it looks like he will miss out on them.

“I’m amazed he hasn’t already told Newcastle that he doesn’t want the job any more, but there will come a point where he says, ‘You’re too late’.

“He still wants the job desperately but you can’t expect someone like that to wait forever. He’s not daft and they’ve had ample time to sort something out.

“Only half the stadium has been sold as season tickets and for a club the size of Newcastle that is bad. They’re in danger of being in the same situation as Leeds, who are stuck in League One and can’t get out.

“It could take a long time to sort themselves out, but nothing can happen unless the club is sold. Some of the players don’t want to play in that division, but they’re being paid £50,000 a week and you can’t sustain that.

“It is a horrendous situation and the longer it goes on the worse it will get for Newcastle.

“If things don’t change in the next three weeks they could have a very bad season.”

It seems inconceivable Lee would speak out without first having spoken to his former team-mate, and several Newcastle players look set to leave if Shearer is not re-appointed, including Steven Taylor, Habib Beye, Damien Duff and Sebastien Bassong.

Its maybe a vain attempt by Alan, through Rob, to get something moving, and to keep the pressure on but I fear it will fall on deaf ears.

My thoughts too.

Lets be honest here Shearer is not going to be manager we are not going to be sold...id be amazed if anything other than hughton is in charge all season long we are a club well and truly fucked over by some cockney wide boy....i fear we are headed the same way as leeds and southampton administration points deduction and relegation to league 1 before this mess is sorted out

I mean if any of us on here was pissed about and kept hanging by a company they worked for the way Shearer has you would turn round and tell them where to stick there job

I too think they have no intention of appointing Shearer as manager.  If they respected him as they said, they would have kept in touch at least on the football side of things for advice etc.  They seem too cowardly though to actually be up front about anything to anyone - whether that is managers, players, supporters, journalists.

And I cannot believe any manager with any self-respect would take the job considering the way Ashley has behaved towards his managers thus far - JFK excluded.

Ashley simply has to appoint a manager and quick, regardless of any off field distractions, you can't keep a club in limbo to satisfy some hypothetical or imaginary buyer. plenty of club transactions have taken place with a manager already installed. if anyone is looking at buying the club in the long run it shouldn't matter that much to them. if they don't like it, tough, the club has to come first.

though of course this is Ashley we are talking about. every major decision he has had to make he's fucked up. forget talk of 'doing a leeds' because atm we're well on our way to 'doing a newcastle'.

Its maybe a vain attempt by Alan, through Rob, to get something moving, and to keep the pressure on but I fear it will fall on deaf ears.

of course it will fall on deaf ears. As if Ashley will give a fuck what Rob fucking Lee says :lol:

"oh no, I've angered Lee. Quick, hire Shearer before he stops speaking to me!"

Being cynical, I reckon Ashley will wait until the transfer window is closed before appointing a manager.  That way, they can get on with selling players without any interference from a manager and not buy any new ones.  Shearer will probably be back on MOTD as he will have to make a commitment to the BBC very soon and then Ashley can say that Shearer didn't wait for them so they couldn't appoint him. 

They will not want a manager who is going to ask awkward questions and I think they are going to need someone with a reputation of developing young players as that is all that will be left.

Guest Roger Kint

Being cynical, I reckon Ashley will wait until the transfer window is closed before appointing a manager.  That way, they can get on with selling players without any interference from a manager and not buy any new ones.   Shearer will probably be back on MOTD as he will have to make a commitment to the BBC very soon and then Ashley can say that Shearer didn't wait for them so they couldn't appoint him. 

They will not want a manager who is going to ask awkward questions and I think they are going to need someone with a reputation of developing young players as that is all that will be left.

LOL :facepalm:

Like many have said before me, I cannot see the appointment being made. Something is clearly going wrong with the takeover and it's clear to me what that is. People have made offers, looked at the books and though 'Fuck That'. Meaning the current managerial team and players will be in place for WBA unfortunatally.

Guest Roger Kint

Like many have said before me, I cannot see the appointment being made. Something is clearly going wrong with the takeover and it's clear to me what that is. People have made offers, looked at the books and though 'f*** That'. Meaning the current managerial team and players will be in place for WBA unfortunatally.

Personally i think its more 'Hang on, I pay £100m plus the pverdraft AND you want another £100m for your loan? Ram it up your fat ass Ashley...'

Like many have said before me, I cannot see the appointment being made. Something is clearly going wrong with the takeover and it's clear to me what that is. People have made offers, looked at the books and though 'f*** That'. Meaning the current managerial team and players will be in place for WBA unfortunatally.

Personally i think its more 'Hang on, I pay £100m plus the pverdraft AND you want another £100m for your loan? Ram it up your fat ass Ashley...'

Well ye, that's another way of putting it  O0

Guest Brewcastle

My thoughts too.

Maybe Ashleys strategy is to wait with hiring Shearer until springtime. In the way he runs the club, he prob. need somebody to lift us out from the relegation-zone....