Alan Shearer contract latest: long gone

Shearergol

Guest sicko2ndbest

He wouldn't say even if he knew man. :laugh:

Wouldnt it have been great if hed said

''Well actually i'll give you the exclusive i've signed a 4 year contract and i start tomorrow''

He wouldn't say even if he knew man. :laugh:

Wouldnt it have been great if hed said

''Well actually i'll give you the exclusive i've signed a 4 year contract and i start tomorrow''

:lol:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/soccer/wires/07/26/2080.ap.soc.shearer.newcastle.0204/index.html

"I know as much as you,'' Shearer said Sunday. "I would dearly love it to be sorted out one way or the other then the club can move forward.

"I am the same as everyone else, I am in limbo. I don't know what is going on. Everyone is telling me there are people in to buy the club. If that is the case, then great.''

The former Newcastle striker said he remains fully committed to the club.

"I want it sorted out as quickly as everyone else does,'' he said. "I'm a fan like everyone else and I don't like to see the situation the club is in.''

Looks like they're lying to Shearer as well.

I know it's not yet come out official, but there's a few rumours in the papers about Shearer walking away from Newcastle very soon out of frustration.  It could be bullshit, but lets pretend its true and he does turn his back on the job.

Are any of you backing Shearer if he does that?

I'm not sure I can.  I would agree that he has been messed around and let down by Ashley, however next season we need a strong leader and right now I'd only trust the job to Shearer as I can't see us attracting a manager who will get us back up at the moment.  If Shearer is all about Newcastle then why not demand to take the job now, bring some stability to the club and see if you can influence clubs to bid closer to what Ashley wants by making it look like a more attractive proposition.

I'm amazed Shearer hasn't already told Ashley to fuck off tbh. He's a proud man and it must be hard to take being pissed about by a fat slob who has brought the club to it's knees. I'm sure he'#s just biting his lip in the hope that a takeover might still happen.

In any case, I don't think anyone can ever question his desire for the job after this, I know i had my doubts before he took it on last season.

Guest Wally_McFool

Can I be the first to start completely unfounded speculation that a deal to buy the club is almost done because Dowie was at St James's.

After all why would Ian be up here otherwise? 

:dowie:

;D

Just shown the clip on SSN, looked pretty genuine to me that he knows absolutely nowt.

What a mess we are. On the plus side he still sounds eager to wait.

Time for a riot after the Leeds match if Derek is there!

Why hell if Al is 'waiting for the call' don't we just put him on a week to week or monthly contract to run until the sale goes through. That way it looks like Ashley is doing something positive, the buyers will see that the club will have some sort of managerial leadership, and we're more likely to start the season positively on the pitch, which will further attract potential buyers.

Its not going to solve the issue of playing staff but in theory he could sort out some loans that aren't going to cost us anything long term.

Guest alankhaw

Surely if he's interested in it full time, doing it in the interim is the best job interview he could if he wants to prove himself to future owners.

Surely if he loves the club so much he would do it for free. He doesn't need the money at all to be honest. Ask any of us on here and we'd do it for free

NEWCASTLE are set to start the season without Alan Shearer in charge.

Gary Lineker expects his pal to be sitting next to him on the Match of the Day sofa, rather than in the Toon dugout.

BBC pundit Lineker said: "Shearer will be in the studio with us unless something dramatic happens.

"It is such a shame that a big club like that can be in a terrible mess. It is hard to know what will happen."

The Magpies remain in turmoil after Singapore-based Profitable Group yesterday pulled out of a deal to buy the club.

Lineker added: "I have spoken to Alan a couple of times. He doesn't know what's going on at the club.

"He has an incredible passion for the club and wants to get them back but he doesn't know who the owners are going to be. He is in limbo - no-man's land. But he'll be welcome back at Match of the Day."

The BBC's head of TV sport Philip Bernie said: "We expect Alan to be there as a pundit. That's the plan.

"We understand he is in a difficult situation which is not of his making - but he's got a contract with us and we expect him to return.

"He's been very reasonable with us and kept us informed of his situation. If he did decide to leave then that's something we would have to sit down and discuss with him and his representatives. But we don't envisage that happening."

Lineker, meanwhile, now fears for Newcastle's future. The Toon have a pre-season friendly at home to Leeds tonight after their 6-1 weekend thrashing at Leyton Orient.

Former Spurs and Leicester star Lineker added: "If Newcastle don't get their act together soon, they could find themselves getting a bad start to the season and it could go even more pear-shaped.

"Look at Leeds and where they have ended up.

"But once you slip from the Premier League it is really difficult.

"It is much harder than people think and it will be hard for Newcastle.

"Their opening game at West Brom will be very interesting."

Lineker was back in his home city yesterday for the Special Olympics GB National Summer Games.

Leicester is staging the week-long competition for 2,400 athletes with learning disabilities.

He said: "It is terrific and Leicester has done a great job. The Special Olympics is the poor relation to the Paralympics but it shouldn't be.

"A lot of parents have come up to us and said this is the best thing that has happened to their families' lives. It is a special event. Everyone has the right to play sport."

From the "Reading Too Much Into Things" file:

"He's been very reasonable with us and kept us informed of his situation. If he did decide to leave then that's something we would have to sit down and discuss with him and his representatives. But we don't envisage that happening."

So the BBC don't expect him to get the Newcastle job...?