Alan Shearer contract latest: long gone

Shearergol

Guest firetotheworks

Still sounds good,  and that we dont have anything to really worry about.

Keeping Beye, Taylor and Bassong in the championship would be fantastic.

and Enrique

I dont know where the thinking that Enrique will stay is coming from, but Im certainly party to it. I'd love him to stay.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/dday-arrives-for-ashley-over-shearers-rebuilding-programme-1692432.html

D-day arrives for Ashley over Shearer's rebuilding programme

By Michael Walker

Alan Shearer is expected to discover today if he is to become the permanent manager of Newcastle United.

Shearer spent several hours on Tuesday negotiating with Newcastle's owner, Mike Ashley, and it is understood Shearer and his assistants Iain Dowie and Paul Ferris presented Ashley with a convincing plan as to how they will cope with relegation from the Premier League and mount a promotion campaign. Ashley was not on Tyneside as talks continued on Wednesday and all parties were awaiting a response yesterday.

There is some optimism locally that Ashley will agree to Shearer's vision. Shearer has said that he wishes to place a £15m transfer fee on centre-half Sébastien Bassong in the hope it deters suitors, or funds a new defence.

Should Bassong stay then, with Steve Harper, Habib Beye and Steven Taylor pledging their commitment for next season, Shearer's Newcastle would have an experienced defensive base. Reports in Italy yesterday linked Obafemi Martins with a move to Fiorentina. A fee of £8m was mentioned.

Still sounds good,  and that we dont have anything to really worry about.

Keeping Beye, Taylor and Bassong in the championship would be fantastic.

and Enrique

I dont know where the thinking that Enrique will stay is coming from, but Im certainly party to it. I'd love him to stay.

Same here. He is one of my favourite toon players along with Beye and Bassong.

Guest elbee909

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/dday-arrives-for-ashley-over-shearers-rebuilding-programme-1692432.html

D-day arrives for Ashley over Shearer's rebuilding programme

By Michael Walker

Alan Shearer is expected to discover today if he is to become the permanent manager of Newcastle United.

Shearer spent several hours on Tuesday negotiating with Newcastle's owner, Mike Ashley, and it is understood Shearer and his assistants Iain Dowie and Paul Ferris presented Ashley with a convincing plan as to how they will cope with relegation from the Premier League and mount a promotion campaign. Ashley was not on Tyneside as talks continued on Wednesday and all parties were awaiting a response yesterday.

There is some optimism locally that Ashley will agree to Shearer's vision. Shearer has said that he wishes to place a £15m transfer fee on centre-half Sébastien Bassong in the hope it deters suitors, or funds a new defence.

Should Bassong stay then, with Steve Harper, Habib Beye and Steven Taylor pledging their commitment for next season, Shearer's Newcastle would have an experienced defensive base. Reports in Italy yesterday linked Obafemi Martins with a move to Fiorentina. A fee of £8m was mentioned.

Would be decent money for Oba at least.

If Ashley doesn't give Shearer what he wants then he really is a complete idiot.

As if we weren't already sure.

Sorry to have offended you with my unnecessary post my lord. I'll try to do better in future.

Reportage - 29/May/09 

Newcastle owner Ashley calls for patience as he works on Shearer's demands - Colin Young, The Mail

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley is working through Alan Shearer's list of demands and is now hoping to clinch the deal which will secure him as the club's manager over the weekend.

Shearer was hoping to officially take over as manager by the end of the week but the billionaire sportswear magnate has told Shearer, his advisers, and supporters, to be patient as he works to draw up the fresh new policy to take the club forward under Shearer's command.

Shearer has confirmed to Ashley that he is willing to take the St James's Park hotseat if he can ensure a £15 million transfer budget and get guarantees over the running of the club as he looks to slash the £74 million wage bill.

The former club captain, who held extensive talks with Ashley and managing director Derek Llambias on Monday and Tuesday, has also told the pair the players he wants to keep and build a team around, and those he would be willing to sacrifice - at the right prices.

Central to his rebuilding plans are defenders Steven Taylor, Sebastien Bassong and Habib Beye, but they are also three of the few assets on Newcastle's books and they could attract summer interest from sides still in the Barclays Premier League.

Shearer has already put a £15 million price tag on Bassong, a £500,000 signing from Metz last summer whose fine progress has been monitored by Arsenal, Aston Villa and Everton and who is looking for a better deal to replace his £5,000-a-week wages.

Shearer and his assistant Iain Dowie were not at Newcastle's training ground on Thusrsday and they have left Ashley, Llambias, club secretary Lee Charnley and financial controller John Irving to work through his demands.

Nothing would make me happier - with Big Al in charge and a solid backroom staff that he's handpicked.

Getting images of a revamped, hungry Newcastle side that will give it all every match, scoring goals and winning matches, bringing some joy back in our lives in regards to the club. Basically putting two fingers up to the Premier League and all the doubters - we are coming back, better than before and will not put up being a laughing stock. 

Ashley - give us our Shearer and let him move this club forward. 

Tim Krul coming out with positive noises about Shearer and staying to fight for the no 1 shirt leads me to believe that Shearer has been letting the younger, hungrier players know that they will be a big part of the new look Newcastle. Big Al's vision for the future has got me positively excited for the start of next season, I am really up for it now.

Guest toonlass

Nothing would make me happier - with Big Al in charge and a solid backroom staff that he's handpicked.

Getting images of a revamped, hungry Newcastle side that will give it all every match, scoring goals and winning matches, bringing some joy back in our lives in regards to the club. Basically putting two fingers up to the Premier League and all the doubters - we are coming back, better than before and will not put up being a laughing stock. 

Tim Krul coming out with positive noises about Shearer and staying to fight for the no 1 shirt leads me to believe that Shearer has been letting the younger, hungrier players know that they will be a big part of the new look Newcastle. Big Al's vision for the future has got me positively excited for the start of next season, I am really up for it now.

Agreed.

so am i, once he signs and it's announced

to be honest though, who he gets rid of is going to tell me as much about his intentions as who he buys

Guest sicko2ndbest

Does it matter what SSN say?  They are full of s**** and I for one would be glad if they knew nothing.  Vultures.

Their normally reliable with their sources.

Anything new today?

Anything on ssn about this today?

Yes.

Care to elaborate

Same as yesterday, loads of breaking news about Shearer on SSN but nobody is bothering to post about it.

Does it matter what SSN say?  They are full of s**** and I for one would be glad if they knew nothing.  Vultures.

Their normally reliable with their sources.

Anything new today?

They're not really. They get the occasional thing spot on by virtue of having quite a few decent reporters but by and large they deal in conjecture.