Alan Shearer contract latest: long gone

Shearergol

Confirmed!!!

4 Year Deal!

:smitten:

Let's just remind ourselves that banning you is considerably less controversial than banning Dave. :razz:

It's a homage to GM.

Now that I've edited it, it is, yeah... :razz:

Knowing us, that probably means something will happen today.

*BREAKING NEWS FLASHES ON SCREEN*

Presenter: "And we can now go to David Craig, who's with Derek Llambias who has some very interesting news involving Alan Shearer. David..."

*CUTS TO DAVID CRAIG*

DC: "Hello Derek. You're live on Sky Sports News, what did you want to say?"

*MUSIC KICKS IN*

Llambias: "We're no strangers to love, you know the rules and so do I...."

*JOE KINNEAR APPEARS TO PROVIDE BACKING VOCALS*

That would win me back tbh :lol:

Knowing us, that probably means something will happen today.

*BREAKING NEWS FLASHES ON SCREEN*

Presenter: "And we can now go to David Craig, who's with Derek Llambias who has some very interesting news involving Alan Shearer. David..."

*CUTS TO DAVID CRAIG*

DC: "Hello Derek. You're live on Sky Sports News, what did you want to say?"

*MUSIC KICKS IN*

Llambias: "We're no strangers to love, you know the rules and so do I...."

*JOE KINNEAR APPEARS TO PROVIDE BACKING VOCALS*

That would win me back tbh :lol:

Yep, if they do that then all is forgiven. :lol:

Got to say I'm getting a little worried about this now. I thought there would be an annoucement yesterday, but I expected something when I came into work this morning. Disappointed not to see anything. We are very much in a race against time so the parties need to reach some sort of agreement so or move on to the next person on their list. We can not allow this situation to ramble on, way too much work to do.

Got to say I'm getting a little worried about this now. I thought there would be an annoucement yesterday, but I expected something when I came into work this morning. Disappointed not to see anything. We are very much in a race against time so the parties need to reach some sort of agreement so or move on to the next person on their list. We can not allow this situation to ramble on, way too much work to do.

It was like this when KK walked, it was like this in transfer windows, nowt new really.

Dont worry, these are the people that let the Collocini deal to drag for weeks, they are capable of wrapping it up in the not to distant future:)

I am sure there are a lot of legal implications to draft as AS would want watertight guarantees.

I am sure there are a lot of legal implications to draft as AS would want watertight guarantees.

This is what I'm hoping and banking on.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Would the BBC need compensating? Would imagine this to be a bit of a hiccup

Probably, but I can't see it being a stumbling block at all. Ten minute job, that.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Probably, but I can't see it being a stumbling block at all. Ten minute job, that.

WouldNT be so sure, it requires Ashley putting his hand in his pocket!

I am hoping the delay is merely down to the reading, re-reading and re-re-reading of the conTRACTS

Guest sicko2ndbest

What did he have to say?

Mike Ashley has phoned him asking for the kit back he threw into the crowd. Says its NUFC property and therefore he has the rights to it as part of the cost cutting

What did he have to say?

Mike Ashley has phoned him asking for the kit back he threw into the crowd. Says its NUFC property and therefore he has the rights to it as part of the cost cutting

:lol:

What did he have to say?

:lol:

Well, the Chronicle has stuff about Shearer selling Barton and putting Beye on the retained list on the back page, they must be pretty sure that a deal will be done at some stage.

Well, the Chronicle has stuff about Shearer selling Barton and putting Beye on the retained list on the back page, they must be pretty sure that a deal will be done at some stage.

They are just flogging papers, they dont know squat.

It wouldn't surprise me if Ashley is willing to give Shearer the funds only after we've got rid of some of the big earners, which means Shearer won't be able to make any moves until the end of June, well and truly fucking up our preparations for the new season. Allardyce complained about missing out on targets because of this and it would be typical short-sighted penny pinching from this Cockney wide boy regime.

It wouldn't surprise me if Ashley is willing to give Shearer the funds only after we've got rid of some of the big earners, which means Shearer won't be able to make any moves until the end of June, well and truly fucking up our preparations for the new season. Allardyce complained about missing out on targets because of this and it would be typical short-sighted penny pinching from this Cockney wide boy regime.

errr...ofcourse we have to get rid of the big earners first. If we end up stuck with them we're fucked.

Guest toonlass

How can Ashley not afford to appoint Shearer. Imo, so many people would not renew their season tickets it would make no financial sense not to appoint and back him.