Shearer, Llambias and Dowie press conference

Skirge

He did seem pretty cagey about anything regarding next season.

"I hope to be in the stadium next season watching Newcastle as a Premier League football club"

Some carefully chosen words.

What question was he asked where he paused for a while and then said "No."?

Looked like he wasn't giving anything away about staying beyond this season. I think he just wants to focus on these crucial 8 games and then sit down with the club and see what the story is...

Was funny to see him take the piss out of  :dowie:!  :lol:

was hard to hear but think it was would you have done this for another club?

i think the 8 games only is to avoid another Keegan style carnage if for whatever reason it does not work out , if he keeps us up and wants the job im sure its his.

What question was he asked where he paused for a while and then said "No."?

"Would you have joined any other club at this stage of the season as manager?" or something like that.

Ah right, cheers.

I thought Shearer went about his answers very professionally. Good to see he was calm and collective and didn't say anything stupid.

Al has a good sense of humour, as well.....which I guess you need in times like these.

"I hope to be in the stadium next season watching Newcastle as a Premier League football club"

Im sure he said stands and no stadium

Altho he may want to don a fat sam style earpiece and sit in the stands as manager

Don't forget that he's still contracted to the BBC, Kinnear is still contracted to NUFC etc. None of them want to be too committal as this point.

Again, if Shearer keeps us up and wants the job, I'm pretty sure it'll be his. If he doe/sn't and they bring back Kinnear, they'll be mad. I can't entertain the thought of Kinnear being our manager next season whatever league we're in.

Guest Stephen927

He's not the most charismatic in front of the cameras but I can't fault what he has said or the way he has said it.

He's not the most charismatic in front of the cameras but I can't fault what he has said or the way he has said it.

Not charismatic? This man could exude charisma just by staring into space

Im sure he said stands and no stadium

Altho he may want to don a fat sam style earpiece and sit in the stands as manager

My mistake I thought he said Stadium. He still did seem cagey and non commital about staying or leaving though.

Don't forget that he's still contracted to the BBC, Kinnear is still contracted to NUFC etc. None of them want to be too committal as this point.

Again, if Shearer keeps us up and wants the job, I'm pretty sure it'll be his. If he doesn't and they bring back Kinnear, they'll be mad. I can't entertain the thought of Kinnear being our manager next season whatever league we're in.

But how much power do contracts seem to have in todays world

At least you get the impression there's a brain between his ears.

I think he's improved a lot since he started working for the BBC. Always was a bit boring but he seems to have livened up a bit now.

Again, if Shearer keeps us up and wants the job, I'm pretty sure it'll be his. If he doesn't and they bring back Kinnear, they'll be mad. I can't entertain the thought of Kinnear being our manager next season whatever league we're in.

Not that much in football, but you still can't talk about breaking them live on national TV when they're still in force (and one of the parties is recovering from serious heart surgery).

Everyone is just treading carefully at this point.

We'll see. Surely the regime don't definitely plan for Kinnear to return in the Summer. If they and all involved parties want to discuss the situation at the end of the season, then I'm all for that. I don't think anyone should commit to anything now, although I'd like Shearer to (provided he's not a managerial disaster).

At least you get the impression there's a brain between his ears.

I think he's improved a lot since he started working for the BBC. Always was a bit boring but he seems to have livened up a bit now.

Keegan is Clinton, ridiculously charismatic, connects with everyone, slightly flawed, a tad unstable, gets attacked by unscrupulous fuckers.

Shearer is Obama, a little less charismatic, a bit more serious, but exudes strength, power, gravitas, new to the job but respected by everyone.

Guest Heneage

Impressive. Even cracked a joke, I just think for all the mentioning of it being 8 games and JFK coming back, I can't see it.

Guest Stephen927

If Shearer feels he has done well in the next 8 games, there's no doubt he'll want to stop on for as long as he feels he's still doing the job well.

If we stay up but only by a whisker, then maybe he'll look at the situation and think perhaps I'm not cut out for management.