Newcastle United 0 - 2 Chelsea - 04/04/09 - Post match reaction from page 14

Nate

Ryan Taylor... can he be any worse? Shit free kicks, rash tackling and possessing no positional sense whatsoever.

We're doing ok. Our midfield is being overrun but we're tracking their runs so we've limited their chances. In attack, we haven't done much. Owen's still as useless as ever even though he's putting in some effort so our hopes really rest with Martins. Jonas has been ok but he's not getting the ball in a position where he can do something with it. Nolan has been invisible so saying that, I'd bring Guthrie on because he'd be able to spray it around a bit.

We should get a few more chances in the second half because Chelsea will push on more but that means that our defending has to be even better than it's been so far.

I didn't find one single point in that post to give me any cheer. :lol:

I remember wishing it was Robert about to take that free kick. R. Taylor has been poor today in just about everything.

Need to get Duff on for Lovenkrands (Duff - yeah, I know!) Once again, we are crying out for a ball playing midfielder. Butt and Nolan aren't gonna unlock any doors for us.

Hes on for Loven :(

Oh - must have happened when I was at the bog!

not bad.

Good pressure, good effort, you can obviously see the confidence.

Great to see Owen trying again, and Butt a bit reinvigorated.

Still getting owned because they're just so much better than we are, particularly in the final third because our strikeforce has nothing whatsoever against the quality of their backline, but we could still nick 0-0 if we don't drop a shit.

And I'd just like to know what the fuck is wrong with Ryan Taylor and his set pieces.

Ryan Taylor... can he be any worse? Shit free kicks, rash tackling and possessing no positional sense whatsoever.

We're doing ok. Our midfield is being overrun but we're tracking their runs so we've limited their chances. In attack, we haven't done much. Owen's still as useless as ever even though he's putting in some effort so our hopes really rest with Martins. Jonas has been ok but he's not getting the ball in a position where he can do something with it. Nolan has been invisible so saying that, I'd bring Guthrie on because he'd be able to spray it around a bit.

We should get a few more chances in the second half because Chelsea will push on more but that means that our defending has to be even better than it's been so far.

I didn't find one single point in that post to give me any cheer. :lol:

I remember wishing it was Robert about to take that free kick. R. Taylor has been poor today in just about everything.

Sorry :lol:

Obviously I'm pleased because we look on for a point but I also feel that they're there for the taking and we just need to be a bit more incisive and confident. Some of our players just look to pass the ball off immediately because they're afraid to take players on and that's easy to defend against because the ball's almost always going backwards. I've highlighted the negatives because we can change them with a bit of effort and get the points today.

That's a stonewall pen for the foul on Owen. In fact, Styles could (arguably) have cost us enough points in s*** decisions to make the difference between up and down.

Eh?

When was this stone cold pen?

About 30 seconds before the half time whistle, Terry trying to swap shirts with Owen.

Yeah nah.

1 - It was outside the box

2 - It was six of one and half a dozen of the other.

Hardly. Why would Owen want to grapple with Terry when he can run around him?

:lol:

How can he run around him? He's not very fast anymore.

It was very good defending by Terry, you can argue that it was a foul all you want, but you'd be wrong. You'd be fuming if it was given against us at the other end.

Don't worry SM, you're not the only viewer with two eyes open. Styles got that absolutely correct, as with the Lampard yellow - I'm curious to know what Terry's half hour chat with the ref was about, because he's actually doing a decent job

Guest LucaAltieri

Thick As Thieves by The Jam on at Half Time.  I'm pleased we got the proper DJ back after his few years away; he really is the best in the Premiership.

One of the conditions Shearer had before coming back.