Stoke City Rugby Club - Newcastle United 5;30 Live on Setanta 11th April 2009.

Guest Heneage

Guest toonlass

Disappointing to see that we still have tickets available for such a vital game.

Do people reckon we will sell our allocation?  

I would've gone if it had been a 3pm like but i can't be arsed fucking about with getting back from Stoke late doors.

Yep its an easy one for me, an hour on the train from Brum. Im just surprised it hasnt sold out already, seeing as its such an important game, plus the Shearer factor.   

Supposed to be just a handful of tickets left

For the Stokies on here - are there any good pubs nearby for away fans / pubs that definitely should be avoided?

I lived there for 3 years without finding a pub that wasn't best avoided when Stoke were playing home or away :lol:

Guest Brummiemag

If anyone's interested, theres a crowd of us meeting in Brum City Centre at 10.30am ish, probably at the Figure of 8 (w'spoons) and then elsewhere, getting a train up to Stoke at about 2.45pm and then straight to the ground to have a couple in there. 

I'm not aware of any decent pubs in the town centre or near the ground, although there is a weatherspoons

For the Stokies on here - are there any good pubs nearby for away fans / pubs that definitely should be avoided?

I lived there for 3 years without finding a pub that wasn't best avoided when Stoke were playing home or away :lol:

:lol:

It's been mentioned that the reserve game was attended by Beye, Bassong, Nolan, Barton and Coloccini.

Do you think they just randomly choose to attend these games, or are they asked by management to do so?

I think it's a wonderful thing personally, as the seniors show support for the entire squad. But how does it work? do they sit in the stands with some coaches? are they in the dugout?

It's been mentioned that the reserve game was attended by Beye, Bassong, Nolan, Barton and Coloccini.

Do you think they just randomly choose to attend these games, or are they asked by management to do so?

I think it's a wonderful thing personally, as the seniors show support for the entire squad. But how does it work? do they sit in the stands with some coaches? are they in the dugout?

Sit in the Directors box.

Sit in the Directors box.

So are they out there for a laugh basically with fuck all esle to do with their time?

Guest Phil K

I dislike Stoke, but i like Pulis.

Me too -

I think some people are trying to get a reaction ;D

We are though at the moment in a stronger position than yourselves, with our brilliant home form, and current good form, we should be looking for the win, but this is stoke and we never do it the easy way.

Nothing wrong with a bit pride (even misplaced as in this case)

Your team are fighting (and kicking) every inch of the way

Our higher paid prima donnas are hiding and sulking

When the going gets tough, the tough get going

Sadly, our powder puff whiners are the opposite of "tough"

Close to the ground none, theres one i am going beforehand that is away friendly, but we are getting a coach down to the brit so it isnt really feasable, tbh, id advise anybody to stick to geting some drinks in the ground!

Guest alankhaw

I get the sense that confidence is turning into arrogance because we're Newcastle United. We have to go to Stoke and beat them by playing football and not by reputation alone. Stoke may not play attractive football but are getting more points and are higher than us nonetheless.

Just been reading Duncan Adams' football ground guide (my usual port of call), seems like its a crap day out.

Don't be surprised if you are kept in after the game, in a fenced off compound to the rear of the away stand. It is not an uncommon sight for a number of Stoke fans to congregate, generally trying to bait the away supporters, until the Police move them on.
   :doh:

James Diamond informs me 'There is a Holiday Inn and Harvester Pub next to the ground. Car parking in the Harvester car park costs £3'. Also close to the stadium is a Power League complex that also has a bar, which also allows in away fans, shows SKY television and you can even park in their car park for £4.50. Otherwise alcohol is available at the back of the away end, but queues can be lengthy, especially if there is a big support.

So its either drink in what'll probably be a family pub with screaming kids and beer that more than likely tastes like piss, or in a power league?! Christ almighty.  Can't f***ing wait!  :lol:

Just been reading Duncan Adams' football ground guide (my usual port of call), seems like its a crap day out.

Don't be surprised if you are kept in after the game, in a fenced off compound to the rear of the away stand. It is not an uncommon sight for a number of Stoke fans to congregate, generally trying to bait the away supporters, until the Police move them on.
   :doh:

James Diamond informs me 'There is a Holiday Inn and Harvester Pub next to the ground. Car parking in the Harvester car park costs £3'. Also close to the stadium is a Power League complex that also has a bar, which also allows in away fans, shows SKY television and you can even park in their car park for £4.50. Otherwise alcohol is available at the back of the away end, but queues can be lengthy, especially if there is a big support.

So its either drink in what'll probably be a family pub with screaming kids and beer that more than likely tastes like piss, or in a power league?! Christ almighty.  Can't f***ing wait!  :lol:

The away end has been unfenced iirc now that the home support has taken half of the away end

Also the HOliday Inn and Harvester are rammed with Stoke fans on match days!

There is plenty of parking around the stadium, more than enough.