Owen to lead by example!!!! WFT???

If Shola and Owen start another game... :idiot2:

Owen is quality.

Shola is not.

Owen and Carroll is quality.

Owen and Shola is not.

Owen and Martins is not.

There.

I know you've got something against Oba but what has Owen done in let's say like last 15 games to convince you he should be starting? He's been pure s***. Top earner of the team and captain...maybe he should be performing just a bit better?

How many times do I have to say that Owen needs to be provided with chances, he's not fast enough anymore to make them himself. And that if given the chances, he scores. Which our other strikers don't.

And I don't have something against Oba especially, I just don't want s**** playing for us. It's the same with Butt and Ameobi and so on.

so is our midfield magically going to learn to give him chance's??? NO so don't play him and give someone who's at least mobile, can win headers and keep a hold of the ball

A striker like Carroll is a provider as he's good in the air and can pick down balls for Owen. Owen is our best striker, and should be played at any time when fit. Only reason people here have something against Owen is because he's paid too much, which is fair enough. But he's still our greatest hope if we are looking to score those vital goals. Plus, with Barton back we could play a Barton - Guthire midfield, which would be an improvement on balls going forward, and not sideways or backwards.

Owen is our best striker? On what basis do you make this claim? Should he be partnered with Leo Messi before everyone will realise that he's slow, weak and s***?

The fact hes our top scorer is a hint. The level of ability in his finishing. You cannot just look at the fact he doesnt touch the ball and blame him for it, the root of the problem is our midfield being sh'te. Long balls to sholas head wont fall to michael owen will they.

Thought we defended well on the whole. We switched off for ten seconds and were punished, having said that it wasn't s corner.

Not sure why Shola is getting so much stick when Owen was bad if not worse.

You're wrong, and yes, offence.

What do you expect Owen to do when the ball is constantly launched up to him and constantly lumped high into the box whenever we get within 40 yards of their goal? I'm sorry but you're fucking off your head if you expect him to do anything against Shawcross and Faye. Wise the fuck up.

Shola has to be dropped as does Nolan, Bartons back for Pompey too.

As for Sir Les saying we didn't dominate, 62% possession Les.

What? The stats were 60%+ for Stoke in the first half so we'd had to have something like 90% in the second half to make that 62% true. I think after 80 minutes, they had had 55% of the possession so I'm guessing it ended around there.

Youve got to be on the wind up giving Butt a 6 Pilko.

Not at all. I thought he tackled back and then kept possesion (normally he manages column A but then fucks up with column B) well, particularly in the second half.

What? The stats were 60%+ for Stoke in the first half so we'd had to have something like 90% in the second half to make that 62% true. I think after 80 minutes, they had had 55% of the possession so I'm guessing it ended around there.

Stoke City          Newcastle United

38.3   Possession 61.7

Who exactly possessed the ball for Newcastle? I mean Shola? Butt? Owen? The only viable answers are Guthrie and Duff.

We still had 61.7% possession though. And for all watching the match, it was clear we had the ball more than Stoke.

Duff was one, also our defence had it a lot and we were passing it well around the middle for great periods of the second half.

Guest firetotheworks

Not at all. I thought he tackled back and then kept possesion (normally he manages column A but then f***s up with column B) well, particularly in the second half.

Did you not see him walk the ball out of play twice for a goal kick and play 3 or 4 60 yard passes to the advertising boards?

Not at all. I thought he tackled back and then kept possesion (normally he manages column A but then f***s up with column B) well, particularly in the second half.

Did you not see him walk the ball out of play twice for a goal kick and play 3 or 4 60 yard passes to the advertising boards?

I couldn't decide whether to cry or laugh when Butt walked the ball out of touch.

Carroll proving his worth now, He has got to start the remaining games. Gutierrez also, a different team with Carroll and Gutierrez.

Agreed. We got to shake up central mid too (Barton is CRUCIAL). When is he back??

For the next match if Physioroom is to believed, iirc.

Nixon's right like.

Stoke - 38.3 Possession 61.7 - Newcastle

http://www.skysports.com/football/match_report/0,19764,11065_3005308,00.html

Butt and Nolan are like tweedle dee and tweedle dum in the middle. Absolutely shocking. Nolan needs to lose about 1/2 a stone, been on the pies by the look of it.

I couldn't decide whether to cry or laugh when Butt walked the ball out of touch.

Butt and Nolan are like tweedle dee and tweedle dum in the middle. Absolutely shocking. Nolan been stealing pies?

The 2nd half of this game could be to Shearer & Newcastle United Football what the 2nd half at Brum was last year to KK & NUFC.

WELL DONE THE BIG AC!!!!

Was just about to say the same thing. What was learned from this game could be as big as what KK learned from the Birmingham game.

Shola should sit the rest of the season out. I think Taylor also seems to be taking a bit of time to adjust.

was a steep learning curve for Al today, but the way in which we finished the match is a good sign for the next fixture

What? What did we learn today that we didn't know before? That Jonas is needed for the team to look like they have any sort of attacking potency? That Owen is slow? That Ameobi is shite? That Beye is a god? That Butt and Nolan don't work in center midfield? What, in all honesty, did Shearer learn today that he couldn't have learnt from watching us week in week out for the past 30 matches? I thought he had used his critical faculties on the BBC and figured out why we're so shit but apparently not. I don't mean this at you personally, johnny. I'm just infuriated by the fact that Shearer's made the same mistakes as Hughton and Kinnear have made and the thing is, Shearer's been watching these mistakes being made for the whole fucking season, so why did he start with the players and formation that he did and why did he wait so long to change things around? It's definitely two points lost, not one point won, in my opinion.

hey there's no doubt the stuff from shearer for the first hour was twilight zone craziness, footballing suicide, gross incompetence or whatever you want to call it. we were extremely fucking fortunate to reach that stage only one goal down. but the way we finished means shearer will start the next match with Jonas and Carroll in the side and Ameobi out.

A striker like Carroll is a provider as he's good in the air and can pick down balls for Owen. Owen is our best striker, and should be played at any time when fit. Only reason people here have something against Owen is because he's paid too much, which is fair enough. But he's still our greatest hope if we are looking to score those vital goals. Plus, with Barton back we could play a Barton - Guthire midfield, which would be an improvement on balls going forward, and not sideways or backwards.

Too true.

Those who say he's not working hard enough - have a word. The only thing you can do when you're not provided with goalscoring opportunities as a striker, is to get the ball yourself. I'm not gonna say he was all over the place today, but he drops back down to pick up the ball when it's not punted upfield to him (which it shouldn't be anyway, really), and he's alot better at shielding and holding up the ball than many give him credit for. It's a good thing he's in our team, and he definitely should be a starter if he's fit.

That said, starting Ameobi really is taking the fucking piss. The man is atrocious in every single way, and should never play for this club again. Any of our U18 strikers must be a better bet than this guy, any day of the week.

Carroll proving his worth now, He has got to start the remaining games. Gutierrez also, a different team with Carroll and Gutierrez.

Agreed. We got to shake up central mid too (Barton is CRUCIAL). When is he back??

J Barton Metatarsal Fracture 19th Apr 09

according to physioroom.com.

However Nolan and Butt need to sharpen up, giving away the ball with sloppy, EASY passes all the time. And Raylors set-pieces is so bad its unfair to us that have to watch. But i belive Shearer/Dowie already knows this, and hopefully we can see an improvement and get a typical win a Whitehart next week.

Thought we defended well on the whole. We switched off for ten seconds and were punished, having said that it wasn't s corner.

Not sure why Shola is getting so much stick when Owen was bad if not worse.

He was at fault for the goal, he was shite when he was on the ball, his work ethic was shite when he didn't for 3.

We had a lot of possession, that was clear. It gave the illusion that we were constantly under it because everytime they had the ball they got a set piece or throw in  & next thing you know we're all bricking it.

They didnt actually have the ball at their feet very much atall.

Was Shearer fucking high? Starts Ameobi, who's been shite for about his whole life. Why can't our managers realise that he's fucking shite? He's horrible. He can't head. He can't pass. He sure as fuck can't hold up the ball. He can't even fucking run. When was the last time he actually had a shot? Fucking hell. Hey, you wanna know which other striker never shoots? Say hello to Michael Owen. You're shit, Michael. You're slow, you're weak and you got pwned by Faye all day. You ran because your best buddy's the manager but all this shows is that you hadn't given a fuck for 29 games + the past 2 seasons. So fuck off, you little cunt. And what the fuck was with the Guthrie substitution? Yeah, why not sub out the best passer in our team and leave the useless fucking cunts - namely Nolan and Butt - on to help us win the match. We were fucking pathetic in the first half with that hybrid 3-5-2. Shearer needs to cut out his late nights to Glenn Hoddle because it probably cost us maximum points today.

I just don't know if the players understand the situation that we're in. They showed fuck all urgency in the first half; just dallying about, launching long balls to Ameobi, committing dumb fouls in our own half and not keeping the ball like a team that needs to do does so. It's infuriating how most of them look like they don't give a fuck. With the exception of Beye, Carroll and Jonas, none of them really seem like they give a fuck. Even someone like Bassong, who put in a decent performance, has the body language of someone who's comfortable whatever happens. Same with Nolan, R Taylor, local lad made good Shola and Butt. Why is Owen captain? When a dodgy decision goes against us, he's supposed to get in the ref's face and tell him to make the right decision next time. He's supposed to represent his teammates and the club. He does absolutely nothing to merit the captaincy; jogs around the pitch, never puts in a tackle (but maybe that's because he's never actually near enough to a defender to put one in) and never seems to encourage his teammates to improve. He can't fuck off fast enough.

A point is a point but we've drawn too many matches and we've still got some tough fixtures remaining so we better start fucking winning soon or else...

:lol: Apisith is fucking pissed.