Stoke City 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 11/04/09 - Post match reaction from page 28

JH

Guest firetotheworks

I actually nearly attacked the screen when Butt knocked it out of play then. Mad to think that out of that midfield it was the one player with any kind of craft at all that got taken off.

Guest Heneage

In laymans terms we are losing to poor refereeing and Shola.

Or because you're playing worse than Stoke?

Well no though this has been a poor game no side has really battered one or the other.

We now have to be the most ripped off team in the league, its got to be official now.  I know we're shit, but yet again its a goal that shouldn't have been that looks like condemning us.

Duff, f***ing hell, can the guy cross at all? Every time he f***ing lobs it into the box as though he's playing golf and chipping it out of the sand dunes.

I think they're quite good.

Ryan Taylor thinks he's at the driving range, and Jonas hits them off his golf bag.

Won't disagree with Taylor and Jonas, but noone is going to score from crosses like that. You need crosses to be whipped in, all you want to do is direct the ball with your head, otherwise it's almost always impossible to both add direction, generate power, and keep it low/on target.

Duff is just a complete waste of space imo. Won't score, won't create - it'll be a miracle if he does either.