Joey Barton

JJ7

Who wouldn't be pissed off if you thought you were behind Nicky Butt for playing in a position you see as your own.

It must be quite demoralising.

Which is why it was disappointing he didn't make his point by having a stormer yesterday in his natural position.

If that's so, Chez, then he should be trying to show his good sides for a prospective new club tbh.

Think a bit of time on the bench could do him good, to show him that he's going to have to work for his place in the team like anyone else.

Regarding your club might be sold soon post, obviously btw.

FWIW, I think Guthrie has been our best, or second best after Smith, midfielder this season and possibly our best last season. Barton at his best is a better player though.

Wonder if Barton is still thinking if we are sold and Shearer comes in then he is out of here anyway, he is a huffy prick and wil always react in a negitive way over most situations. Had he bothered to try and prove his worth and put some effort in am sure Al would be very interested in keeping him if he was doing a job for us. As it stands any manager with a it of bottle would drop Barton for the way he has been playing and Shearer will want shot the way things are with Joey.

Guthrie is our best midfielder.

Nonsense, he was s*** against Cardiff, did much less than Barton.

Comes on and provides an assist and he's the best midfielder at the club? Drivel.

Drivel? You are a complete idiot.  Who said I was basing it on the last game?  **** me.  :facepalm:

So far this season Guthrie has been our best midfielder I can't see how anyone would say otherwise (see edit!).  All these Barton lovers are just idiots, he had three decent games under Keegan and has done nothing else in a NUFC shirt.

Guthrie and Smith is our best central midfield partnership and Barton will be lucky to scrape a place on the RW ahead of Geremi who is also better than him at the moment (hardly a great situation for our 'best midfielder' to be in is it?)

Edit- Forgot about Smith, Guthrie is our best attacking minded midfielder I should say.  Certainly ahead of Barton anyway.

Anyway, I see you didn't even mention Smith but compared Guthrie's performances to Barton.  Do you honestly think Barton is our best midfielder?  :mackems:

Comes on and provides an assist and he's the best midfielder at the club? Drivel.

Drivel is what you do best (and only)

I disagree with the above "idiot" claim inasmuch as you'd need a promotion to get to idiot level

Nice to see you encouraging others to feel the same way.

Drivel is what you do best (and only)

I disagree with the above "idiot" claim inasmuch as you'd need a promotion to get to idiot level

Nice to see you encouraging others to feel the same way.

I love you Phil.

Drivel? You are a complete idiot.  Who said I was basing it on the last game?  **** me.  :facepalm:

So far this season Guthrie has been our best midfielder I can't see how anyone would say otherwise (see edit!).  All these Barton lovers are just idiots, he had three decent games under Keegan and has done nothing else in a NUFC shirt.

Guthrie and Smith is our best central midfield partnership and Barton will be lucky to scrape a place on the RW ahead of Geremi who is also better than him at the moment (hardly a great situation for our 'best midfielder' to be in is it?)

Edit- Forgot about Smith, Guthrie is our best attacking minded midfielder I should say.  Certainly ahead of Barton anyway.

Anyway, I see you didn't even mention Smith but compared Guthrie's performances to Barton.  Do you honestly think Barton is our best midfielder?  :mackems:

Guthrie looked out of his depth in the premiership, Barton put in numerous motm performances for Man City. Therefore, him being a worse player than Guthrie, from an objective point of view, is drivel.

On paper Barton is better than Guthrie but right now on the pitch on current form and effort Guthrie is mils ahead of Barton in every aspect of the game. My CM pairing for every game would be Smith & Guthrie, Butt is past it, Barton does not care one bit and Nolan cannot run but would go in for Guthrie if he was injured before I would opt for Butt or Barton.

On paper Barton is better than Guthrie but right now on the pitch on current form and effort Guthrie is mils ahead of Barton in every aspect of the game. My CM pairing for every game would be Smith & Guthrie, Butt is past it, Barton does not care one bit and Nolan cannot run but would go in for Guthrie if he was injured before I would opt for Butt or Barton.

Spot on Skirge.

Guthrie looked out of his depth in the premiership, Barton put in numerous motm performances for Man City. Therefore, him being a worse player than Guthrie, from an objective point of view, is drivel.

How long can a player survive on past reputation though?  With that logic we should say Butt is our best player because he was quality for Man U in the past.  At the moment Guthrie is on the way up and improving whilst Barton seems to have given up.

:lol: this being played out of position stuff is rubbish, yeah okay he is a CM but that does not mean he cannot at least try to help the team when he is played outwide, its about wanting to play wanting to do your best, he is playing like nothing matters, does not care where the ball go's when he passes it, its all under hit or over hit. I bet he is in shock that he is still  getting picked, its as though he wants to be dropped.

We need players wanting to give their all, Nolan gets knocked for being slow and running out of steam after 60 mins or so but at least he tries there is effort there.

How long can a player survive on past reputation though?  With that logic we should say Butt is our best player because he was quality for Man U in the past.  At the moment Guthrie is on the way up and improving whilst Barton seems to have given up.

Butt is a pensioner, Barton is 27 so that logic makes no sense whatsoever.

his performances since he signed for us make no sense whatsoever.

i asked earlier abiout how long is a players "form" ? when does poor form stop and he just gets classed as being a poor player. i'm sure joey has crossed this threshold.

i asked earlier abiout how long is a players "form" ? when does poor form stop and he just gets classed as being a poor player. i'm sure joey has crossed this threshold.

It takes longer than one game in his preferred position.

It takes longer than one game in his preferred position.

are you making out that was his first game there in his time here ?

even out of position you can do the basics.

Guthrie and Barton are the only two midfielders that can spray the ball across the pitch with ease and with the strong chance of it reaching the man, I'd want at least one of them in the centre, right now it's Guthrie till Barton picks his arse up.

He has way, way crossed the threshold. His performances are simply not acceptable for a player of his stature. He was poor in the premiership for us and he's no better now in a much lesser standard of league. The centre of the park should be Smith and Guthrie based on what I've seen.