Tottenham Hotspur 1 - 0 Newcastle - 19/04/08 - post match reaction from page 25

Dave

Is it just me, or is Nicky Butt playing the worst game of his professional career today?

It's a tough call between him and Nolan. But then Nolan is just a s*** footballer so he might be having a good game by his standards.

nolan takes it hands down tbh. He has been immense in a bad way

Our CM is setting the lowest standard record game by game...I guess everything else has been tried to change except the midfield(name a match which didn't include any of Butt, Nolan or Geremi) so exactly where is the problem then? I guess our coaching staff don't bother looking the games afterwards and learn something

Poor by Harper, but these things happen to keepers. More disappointed with how Spurs cut right through us.

Counting on it to happen to Harper, really. He's a decent goalkeeper, by all means, but nothing more than average in any department - he's prone to make errors like these.

What baffles me is how noone was able to track Bent's run. Noone even looked interested.

Guest LucaAltieri

is dowie having far too much input here, cos it's like one of his side's = shit

Our shitness pre-dates Dowie by a couple of seasons.

We have been fucking abysmal. Harper, Beye, Bassong, S.Taylor, Carrol and Jonas are doing ok. Owen is trying to make the most of very little, Nolan looks a little better than last week. Ryan Taylor, Duff and Butt do not deserve to be wearing to be wearing the shirt. How hard is it for Taylor and Duff to get it past the first man from a corner. Guthrie and Martins have to come on if we're to get anything from this.

1430:  Here comes Macca  to brighten up our day: "Tottenham striker Robbie Keane  (8.63) is very much top dog in Player Rater land at half-time after that stroll in the park. In contrast, Newcastle's Sebastien Bassong (3.43) has very little to bark about. If you think that's ruff justice, why not head on over and have a little play."

Seb doing shit?

1430:  Here comes Macca  to brighten up our day: "Tottenham striker Robbie Keane  (8.63) is very much top dog in Player Rater land at half-time after that stroll in the park. In contrast, Newcastle's Sebastien Bassong (3.43) has very little to bark about. If you think that's ruff justice, why not head on over and have a little play."

Seb doing s***?

It'll be the Spurs fans rating him down cause they think he should have been sent off in the first three minutes.

Seb doing shit?

Keane best player?

Butt Nolan is actually worse than Butt Smith.

that means that

Smith>Nolan.

That's fucking unbelievable.

I'd rather have Smith on in midfield than Nolan. Even if he was just giving away free kicks outside the area, even if he was specifically instructed to do so. It would mean we were closing them the fuck down for once.