Newcastle United vs. Portsmouth-Monday 27th April 8pm *Setanta 1* Pre-match

joeyt

Guest firetotheworks

the last couple of times we've played pompey in years that end in "9".........

5-0 defeat

and a 2-0 win (but the omens aren't good even then....scorer......"bottom 2")

What a pointless stat.

the last couple of times we've played pompey in years that end in "9".........

5-0 defeat

and a 2-0 win (but the omens aren't good even then....scorer......"bottom 2")

What a pointless stat.

most are. i liked it though

And with the World Championship of Ice Hockey under way it means that I'll have to watch the game at home

:lol:

That's one of the bad things about living in Sweden, especially in a town like this where ice hockey is the King of sports. At least I'll be able to grab me a six-pack of Brown Ale on my way home from work. :lol:

and then nip out for more at half time ?

Nah man, you can't buy alcohol after 7 pm (6 in most places even) in Sweden unless you're at a bar.

Exactly...that's why I'll have to grab the whole case at once :)

So, where in Sweden are you at Towelie?

Stockholm, you?

Guest toonlass

And with the World Championship of Ice Hockey under way it means that I'll have to watch the game at home

That's one of the bad things about living in Sweden, especially in a town like this where ice hockey is the King of sports. At least I'll be able to grab me a six-pack of Brown Ale on my way home from work. :lol:

Nah man, you can't buy alcohol after 7 pm (6 in most places even) in Sweden unless you're at a bar.

:kasper:

tis true in norway too

Good idea if you ask me. Might stop some cretenous behaviour.

Guest ovesbar

8 pm in Norway..6 on saturdays...no alcohol on sundays.

Guest toonlass

But then what would the charvas do with themselves?

It doesn't though, it just forces you to buy more when you're at the store.

Guest toonlass

Is alcohol expensive in Sweden?

Same in Norway, shit rule.

AND a beer at a bar is easy £6-7, so its not cheep either.

Crazy country, have to be a fucking millionare to be a alcoholic, i cant even afford to be one, have to work and all.... :idiot2:

Guest toonlass

Same in Norway, shit rule.

Crazy country, have to be a fucking millionare to be a alcoholic, i cant even afford to be one, have to work and all.... :idiot2:

For a pint?  :dowie:  :frantic:

Same in Norway, s*** rule.

Crazy country, have to be a f***ing millionare to be a alcoholic, i cant even afford to be one, have to work and all.... :idiot2:

Ay, can get it cheeper in dark godforsaken bars, for like 4-5£, and that`s a fkn bargin...

Crazy country, have to be a f***ing millionare to be a alcoholic, i cant even afford to be one, have to work and all.... :idiot2:

£6 a pint in dublin now aswell.

Guest ovesbar

No..not a whole pint..usually 0,4 liters

Is alcohol expensive in Sweden?

It's pretty expensive yes  :thdn:

If there is anyone who lives in Stockholm, that wants to watch the game in the pub without any ice hockey distraction at all, you should come to Southside at Zinkensdamm.

I'll be there tonight, nervous as a wreck of course. Oh shit.

doesn't sound right does it........

"can i have 0.4 of a litre of bitter please"

"hello mate, coming out for 0.4 of a litre later ?"

Is everyone so bloody nervous about the game tonight that alcohol has taken over this thread?

2-0 Owen, Jonas

Unless u like good old 3.5% lager which u can buy til 10 in supermarkets. Same in Finland, tho they sell up to 4.6% beer in supermarkets.

Should be a good evening of sport, Finland vs Denmark/Latvia vs Sweden then into the toon match