Newcastle United vs. Portsmouth-Monday 27th April 8pm *Setanta 1* Pre-match

joeyt

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/breves2009/20090427_163530_shearer-veut-y-croire.html

Shows how popular we still are. A few comments from French fans.

"I hope with all my heart that Newcastle don't go down, especially for their magnificent supporters, Owen and Alan Shearer!"

"Newcastle in the Championship is like Marseille winning the title...it's all disgusting!"

"Alan, save Upon-Tyne from relegation! You, the great goalscorer that you were."

Guest firetotheworks

I wonder how we'll play it tonight. Portsmouth know that we more or less need to win and will be going for a win from the off. I wonder if Shearer will have us double bluffing and having a surge maybe after 10-15 minutes, or if he'll just tell them to go for it from the off. I can see Portsmouth having 11 men behind the ball for the first 20 minutes if thats the case.

Tell you what, what will happen if Pompey think "f*** this, we're gonna go for it as well"?

Stop scaring me even more man!

I wonder how we'll play it tonight. Portsmouth know that we more or less need to win and will be going for a win from the off. I wonder if Shearer will have us double bluffing and having a surge maybe after 10-15 minutes, or if he'll just tell them to go for it from the off. I can see Portsmouth having 11 men behind the ball for the first 20 minutes if thats the case.

Tell you what, what will happen if Pompey think "f*** this, we're gonna go for it as well"?

then we might be a bit fucked tbh

Guest firetotheworks

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/breves2009/20090427_163530_shearer-veut-y-croire.html

"I hope with all my heart that Newcastle don't go down, especially for their magnificent supporters, Owen and Alan Shearer!"

"Newcastle in the Championship is like Marseille winning the title...it's all disgusting!"

"Alan, save Upon-Tyne from relegation! You, the great goalscorer that you were."

Hahaha, class.

Guest foreverer

At least the French still like us.

Would like Marseille winning the title though.

Howay toon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

:director: :director: :director: :director: :director: :director: :director: :jonas:

:jonas: :jonas: :jonas: :jonas: :jonas: :jonas: :jonas: :jonas: :jonas: :jonas:

:duff: :duff: :duff: :duff: :duff: :duff: :duff: :duff: :duff: :duff: :duff: :duff: :duff:

:dowiespin: :dowiespin: :dowiespin: :dowiespin: :dowiespin: :dowiespin: :dowiespin:

:wales: :wales: :wales: :wales: :wales: :wales: :wales: :wales: :wales: :wales: :wales:

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/9361/alanshearer202082c.jpg

At least the French still like us.

Would like Marseille winning the title though.

Well we'll always appeal to the french if we surrender as easy as we have this season.

Guest afternoonfix

i must say , its the most exciting finish to the league we've had in years .......[ hope it aint the last for a while!!]

This is just to much, I'm nervous as fuck but i'm warming up with some Blaydon Races and Home Newcastle. This boarding school is going to explode every single time we score (well if we score), i just hope this doesnt end in tears!

LETS GO NEWCASTLE

Who's that team we call United,

Who's that team we all adore,

Oh, we play in Black and White,

And we all know how to fight,

We'll support you ever more.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Jonas looks doubtful

fitness test

By the way i'm not joking Setanta sports news just had pictures of Shearer on the pitch talking to Jonas with the 2 physios around him

Yeah, according to Century the Team is:

Harper

S.Taylor     Beye      Bassong     Enrique

Smith      Butt       Duff

Owen

Martins             Viduka

The midfield really lets that team down. I really would love Smith to come good for all the shit I give him. Nice to see Nolan dropped too.