Sir Bobby Robson Trophy - England 3 - 2 Germany

Dave

Am looking forward to it. Hope there is a decent crowd for Bobby.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/nufc/Tickets-for-Sir-Bobby39s-game.5459251.jp

A spokeswoman for The Sir Bobby Robson Foundation said more than 20,000 tickets had been sold already.

She said: "There's been a huge surge in ticket sales with 10,000 sold in the last week and people struggling to get through to the NUFC box office.

"It's just absolutely not true there is any problem.

"It's important we let people know how many tickets have been sold, because it's frustrating to read otherwise."

:clap2:

Guest toonlass

Am looking forward to it. Hope there is a decent crowd for Bobby.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/nufc/Tickets-for-Sir-Bobby39s-game.5459251.jp

A spokeswoman for The Sir Bobby Robson Foundation said more than 20,000 tickets had been sold already.

She said: "There's been a huge surge in ticket sales with 10,000 sold in the last week and people struggling to get through to the NUFC box office.

"It's just absolutely not true there is any problem.

"It's important we let people know how many tickets have been sold, because it's frustrating to read otherwise."

:clap2:

:clap:

Brilliant news. Hope that it raises a shedload for the foundation.

Guest toonlass

from .cock

GEORDIE legend Alan Shearer will lead out the England side during this Sunday's Sir Bobby Robson Trophy match at St.James' Park.

The Magpies' greatest-ever goalscorer joins former team-mates Paul Gascoigne, Peter Beardsley, Les Ferdinand and Rob Lee on Sir Bobby's team sheet for the charity game.

And Alan said: "Sunday will be a great day and I'm looking forward to being part of it. It will be very special to play in front of a crowd at St James' Park again.

"Bobby really deserves this match after everything he's done. I feel I owe him a personal debt. When he came in as Newcastle manager he got me enjoying football again and playing the way I can.

"He helped me when I needed it and I'm very happy to help him now.

"There are men and there are real men. I think you know which he is. What he's done, what he's achieved and what he's going through - he's incredible.

"I think the charity is his greatest legacy. You can see what this means to him and how hungry he is for it to be a success, which without doubt it is. He's very proud of it and so he should be.

"He's going through a tough time but he doesn't want people to feel sorry for him. He's getting out there and wants to leave a legacy which people can use.

"His charity and what it's achieved already is amazing. All through him. He's a great man and deserves this special night. He's an inspiration to everyone."

The Sir Bobby Robson Trophy will pit the core of players from Sir Bobby's Italia '90 squad and additional football legends squad against a formidable German side captained by World Cup winner Lothar Matthaus.

The game will also feature a select number of high-profile celebrities from music and entertainment and kicks off at 6.15pm at St James' Park this Sunday (26th July).

Before kick-off there will be a guard of honour giving an opportunity for fans to show appreciation to Sir Bobby both for his football and fund-raising achievements and a moving rendition of Nessun Dorma.

Sir Bobby said: "I'm so very grateful to Alan for playing in my game on Sunday. It will be a real pleasure to watch him play again. He's going to be playing alongside his old strike partners Ferdinand and Sheringham.

Article continues>>

"The German defence will be getting more and more concerned won't they?

"With Alan Shearer, Peter Beardsley, Paul Gascoigne, Les Ferdinand, Teddy Sheringham, John Barnes, David Platt - we've got plenty of goal scoring options with that line up!"

"He has a strong, competitive character and like Peter Beardsley I've no doubts he will be giving his all, charity game or not."

Les Ferdinand, who had a prolific goalscoring record with Shearer at Newcastle, said: "I can't wait to be re-united with Alan up front - its going to be an amazing and emotional night for Sir Bobby and one that all the lads wouldn't miss for anything. Shearer and Sir Bobby back at St James will raise the roof and bring back memories of the good times"

Stars and players including - Shearer, Gazza, Beardsley, Barnes, Sheringham, Platt, Ferdinand, Walker, Shilton, Lee, Matthaus, Freund, Bobic, Nowotny, Buchwald, Helmer…will be joined by personalities such as Paddy McGuinness, Austin Healy, Jim Rosenthal, Simon Webbe, Craig David, Angus Deayton and Jimmy Nail on an evening of high emotion and an electric atmosphere.

Tickets for the Sir Bobby Robson Trophy are available via Newcastle United's Box Office 0844 372 1892 website www.nufc.co.uk or through www.ticketmaster.co.uk and cost £10 for adults and £5 for children.

To make a donation, view messages of support, or for more information on The Sir Bobby Robson Foundation, please visit www.sirbobbyrobsonfoundation.org.uk or donate by sending a cheque to Sir Bobby Robson Foundation, PO Box 307, Heaton NE7 7QG.

Guest toonlass

I think people will concentrate on it being a celebration of Sir Bobby and not let the hatred for the fat bastard get in the way. Loads of "Walking in a Robson Wonderland" etc.

For those that are unable to go (like myself), there's always the opportunity to make a donation at:

http://www.justgiving.com/thesirbobbyrobsonfoundation/?pid=1102637&dtpn=3

I made a donation when the Foundation was set up and I'll be making another before the match.

No better cause.  No better living British manager.  One of Nature's gentlemen.

Nice one MJ.I shall be doing the same,when my giro arrives Monday morning.

Guest toonlass

any idea if itv 2 is covering this game on tv? or any other channels?

Don't think it's on anywhere.

Get to st James' man.

Guest Geordiesned

Glad this is on tv. Would love to be there but I'm at a wedding reception on Sunday night. Will stick the sky plus on.