Where Does The Assumption That We Are Going To Beat Middlesbrough Come From?

Tooj

Noticed this recently. A lot of people seem to be very confident of us beating them. I know they are awful, but so are we. Yet nobody at all actually seems to think we could lose this. I know we all have to be optimistic at the moment, but it is a possibility.  :harry:

I don't think anyone think it's a certainty, just plausible - unlike the majority of our other games this season. You gotta hope.

I'm just worried we'll get Arsenal'd - lose a silly early goal because of a slip, or a penalty or a red card or something like that.

I don't think anyone think it's a certainty, just plausible - unlike the majority of our other games this season. You gotta hope.

I'm just worried we'll get Arsenal'd - lose a silly early goal because of a slip, or a penalty or a red card or something like that.

An original way of spelling arseholed  O0

Seriously though, my hope comes from the fact we created a number of excellent chances against Portsmouth. Create more and the law of averages means we should take at least one.

Also, I don't think Pompey were given enough credit on here for the way they closed out the game. Really fucking effective. I don't see Boro being as capable of that, so if we still need something I expect us to pile on some late pressure.

Seriously though, my hope comes from the fact we created chances against Portsmouth. Create more and the law of averages means we should take at least one.

Also, I don't think Pompey were given enough credit on here for the way they closed out the game. Really fucking effective. I don't see Boro being as capable of that, so if we still need something I expect us to pile on some late pressure.

And as you've hinted at, unlike Pompey, Boro need to go for it. This will play into your hands IMO.

Seriously though, my hope comes from the fact we created chances against Portsmouth. Create more and the law of averages means we should take at least one.

And as you've hinted at, unlike Pompey, Boro need to go for it. This will play into your hands IMO.

:thup:

Though again I don't think Portsmouth were as negative as some made out; they could have easily won the game in the end. They killed it off by keeping the ball. Boro simply aren't as good.

:thup:

Though again I don't think Portsmouth were as negative as some made out; they could have easily won the game in the end. They killed it off by keeping the ball. Boro simply aren't as good.

Errr... didn't you know? A strong defensive display = they're ruining the game!

But yeah, they did well. Had a few decent chances.

1-0 on Monday, fwiw.

I don't think anyone is assuming anything tbh.

Have you checked the relegationometer? Lots of people still expect us to stay up, which means beating at least one out of Boro, Fulham and Villa.

I don't think anyone is assuming anything tbh.

Have you checked the relegationometer? Lots of people still expect us to stay up, which means beating at least one out of Boro, Fulham and Villa.

or drawing all 3 ?

Don't Think People Neccessarily Assume We'll Beat Boro Tbh. Rather That Everybody Knows That It's An Absolute Must-Win If We're To Have Any Chance At All Of Escaping.

Guest neesy111

i cant see us getting more then 4 points from the next 3 games, tops

that is going to be enough imo