Xisco

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Salamanca are a decent Second Division side. Not *that* bad.

Ah well, that's where Arsenal send some of their kids is it not? Vela springs to mind as having gone there when he needed his EU passport.

Some? After Vela who else has popped across there?

I can see by this link http://youngguns.wordpress.com/2008/07/23/arsenal-invite-salamanca-for-2009-emirates-cup/ that clubs have links but I cant remember any other players going there.

Nordtveit and Pedro have also been there, off the top of my head.

Salamanca are a decent Second Division side. Not *that* bad.

Ah well, that's where Arsenal send some of their kids is it not? Vela springs to mind as having gone there when he needed his EU passport.

Some? After Vela who else has popped across there?

I can see by this link http://youngguns.wordpress.com/2008/07/23/arsenal-invite-salamanca-for-2009-emirates-cup/ that clubs have links but I cant remember any other players going there.

Nordtveit and Pedro have also been there, off the top of my head.

How do you guys rate Nordtveit? From what I've seen (when he was on loan in the Norwegian league) he looks class.

Should have kept him, we wouldn't have needed Harewood and he could have got some experience of proper English football. What's going on with Zamblera?

Aye.....

I even stopped playing in the last few days to force my exit.

C.Ferret

He was dropped in at the deep end last season. If I signed a player like him when we did, with Oba, Owen, Viduka, Ameobi and Carroll in the squad he'd go straight to the CCC where he could get some experience of English football. Don't rate him with the ball at his feet, the style of play in the CCC would suit him more anyway.

It seems clear to me that there is something about him the current regime simply don't like, which is a shame because he doesn't seem any worse than a couple of our strikers.

His wages, his lack of goals pre-season in the minutes he did play, his cameo appearances at the start of the season were s*** & him refusing to play to force a move.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-utd/2010/01/31/newcastle-lose-out-in-chase-for-victor-moses-79310-25723350/2/

NOTORIOUS Toon flop Xisco has vowed to return to St James’ Park and prove himself in England.

Currently on a season-long loan with Racing Santander, Xisco has dismissed the prospect of making a permanent return to Spain at the end of the season.

“I’m very happy at Santander and playing with confidence, but I am tied to the Premier League and want to make a go of things there,” said the striker whose arrival at St James’ Park prompted Kevin Keegan’s departure.

“There is always time in the future to come back to Spain, but I would like to play several good seasons in the Premier League first.”

It seems clear to me that there is something about him the current regime simply don't like, which is a shame because he doesn't seem any worse than a couple of our strikers.

His wages, his lack of goals pre-season in the minutes he did play, his cameo appearances at the start of the season were s*** & him refusing to play to force a move.

but shirley he is better than carrol?

but shirley he is better than carrol?

Carroll wants to play for us, Xisco does not.

Guest Heneage

I'd give him a go over Ranger.

He stopped playing by his own admission while here, he should never pull our shirt on again.

Until I see the man himself utter the words, and not it be quoted by some Journalist who's probably used the lads poor grasp of English to shaft him six ways to Sunday, I'm quite happy to believe he wanted to play and was just never given a chance because of the likes of 'World class finisher Michael Owen.'

Until I see the man himself utter the words, and not it be quoted by some Journalist who's probably used the lads poor grasp of English to shaft him six ways to Sunday, I'm quite happy to believe he wanted to play and was just never given a chance because of the likes of 'World class finisher Michael Owen.'

Here's direct quotes:

"I even stopped playing in the last few days to force my exit.

"If they hadn't accepted the loan at Santander, I would have regarded my situation at Newcastle as hopeless."

Guest Heneage

Mick I highly debate, the guy spoke English to that level, he'd been here all of 6 months.

He looked so out of touch when he was on the pitch. Whether it was fitness, or lack of ability, or he just gave up, I wouldn't play him.

He played 7 games. :lol:

Mick I highly debate, the guy spoke English to that level, he'd been here all of 6 months.

I haven't spoken to him so I can't say how good his English is but I've been to Spain and managed to have good conversations without ever speaking a work of Spanish.  You might be surprised at how good foreigners can speak our language.  Some of the foreign posters on here use better English than some of the locals.

Guest Heneage

I haven't spoken to him so I can't say how good his English is but I've been to Spain and managed to have good conversations without ever speaking a work of Spanish.  You might be surprised at how good foreigners can speak our language.  Some of the foreign posters on here use better English than some of the locals.

Yes but he's a footballer, he's not an 'average person.' I'd be amazed if he could do more than basic phrases. Added to the fact why would you tell anyone that you refused to play? Especially a journalist, a journalist from the country who still own your contract? The guy will have advisors, and while I don't denie him the right to be pissed off at the fact some utter shite was getting in the team ahead of him I think any agent worth his salt would be sat watching his interviews and making sure he isn't saying things like that.