SSN, Exclusive interview with Freddy Shepherd coming up..

Skirge

Guest Khronicle

I wouldn't expect much in the way of investment from Freddy, he's got a poor track record of putting the money up during the Winter transfer window.

Sadly, I think Roeder will be here until the end of January, then we'll have to pray for a miracle and that a proven manager rescuses us.

what a load of toss.

one positive is that it appears he will make funds available in january.

whether those funds are for glenn or someone else is another matter imo

He has alway made funds available - but the only outcome so far has been crippling debts and a managerial graveyard.

Fuck off Shep.

On Five Live, saying we couldn't change the game (the Sheff Utd fixture). Sounds fishy, that.

Playing the ****ing Geordie card in every bastard sentence too. 'I'm a Geordie' - so ****ing what, doesn't stop you being incompetent.

Liar, he's not a Geordie, the fat mans from Cumberland.

via byker bluebiggrin.gif bluebiggrin.gif

On Five Live, saying we couldn't change the game (the Sheff Utd fixture). Sounds fishy, that.

Playing the ****ing Geordie card in every bastard sentence too. 'I'm a Geordie' - so ****ing what, doesn't stop you being incompetent.

Sausage?

Try Gilsland.

Try Gilsland.

he's from scotts street, byker, the shepeherds lived opposite my granny before the estate was pulled down

(or am i on the verge of a whoosh??)

Did SuperMac say that Roeders buying policy was scuppered because he wasn't appointed early enough, and then stumbled into saying 'not until a couple of weeks before the season started'?

Am I wrong in thinking that he was reportedly scouting players while being caretaker, and was in fact appointed five days after Shearer's testimonial?

He is all over the place. bluesigh.gif

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

Shepherd sounded his usual thick-as-pig-shit self in that Sky interview.

How many times did he say "and...err", about a million?

Guest toonarmy1810

Hes was defo born and bread in byker matey, his family owned the shepards scrap yard and still do i believe.

"We've had injuries, it's not an excuse, it's a fact"

"I'm just as optimistic as ever. We'll sort this out. We've got another 5 months to go"

Says he backs Roeder and Roeder will sort it out. There will be money in January and Saturday was our only bad performance. "We've had some excellent performances this season"

I'm glad FFS said that to be honest.  If he hadn't I would have going along with the misconception that the performances against Charlton and Fulham (to name but 2) were crap.  But now FFS has told me they were really excellent performances I'll be able to sleep easy tonight! :roll:

Guest WalkervilleMag

Hes was defo born and bread in byker matey, his family owned the shepards scrap yard and still do i believe.

he was a Byker lad. and his family still own the scrapyard

TBH what were people expecting FS to say?

IMO FS should just keep his mouth shut and concentrate on doing his job, I didnt see the interview but i can guess what was said. What worries me is the fact that we are losing money but FS is promising funding in Jan, What he should of done is keep his mouth shut and review things late December and then decide how much can be made available. I get the feeling FS is coming out and saying "I've always back my managers and there will be money available etc etc" just to take some heat off him, Atm FS main concern shouldnt be his image to the fans but Newcastle future.

Freddy quotes from NUFC.com:

"I don't get upset by the protests.

"I love all the supporters because I'm one of them and don't have any problem with Geordies. If things were different I might be with them calling out about someone else.

"I've got to do what's best for the business, not me, and if a Geordie Abramovich knocked on the door we'd have to do business.

"I'd gladly do whatever to secure him but I don't want to lead supporters up a cul-de-sac because there's no-one there.

"I will not walk out on the business. I've made mistakes but so has everyone in football. I am from Byker and I used to fight my way into school and fight my way out again.

"The biggest criticism is I've been too kind to managers with funds and too generous to players but we have the weather and we are competing with Tottenham, Chelsea, Manchester United and we are 300 miles from London.

"We're on the verge of the Roman Empire, which is why they built the wall.

"I've been accused of many things but I can't be accused of not providing for the manager or giving players great wages. Yes, there have been mistakes but regardless of what people say I have only ever dismissed two managers - Bobby and Graeme.

"Everyone wanted Keegan and Kenny. When Gullit came there were 5,000 people here saying 'we want sexy football'.

"Everybody wanted Bobby and we all know that and he was here for five years.

"The only one the crowd did not want 100 per cent was Graeme but hindsight is a wonderful management tool.

"It's very important especially at Newcastle, you need to take supporters with you with the manager.

"It is a one-off club, the greatest in the world and managing it is the toughest job in the world.

"I got a number of emails in the summer saying I had to give the job to Glenn Roeder and not many said don't. We've got to let Glenn get on with the job but look at the injuries he's had. That's not an excuse, it's a fact.

"There has never been a quiet January at this club. We still have the team to get out of it. If it was Christmas I would be worried but we still have five months of the season.

"I couldn't have done any more for the manager in the summer with what was available. Once the window shuts all I can do is manage the business as best as I can. I cannot get on the pitch with the players.

"As a team and a club we've got to get on with it. We've got to get behind this team and support them. I will certainly get behind them. We're in this as a team.

"It's not a task that can't be done. The players have all admitted they played badly but they've assured me they are all together. So let's crack on, move together and get a run going.

"I have taken flack for it but the players have to stand up and be counted as well. Supporters want to win - they don't want to be fancy dans running up their own backsides.

"This is tough but I'm not running away. It's up to me to see it through. There is no-one else to sort it out.

"Right now it would seem I am the only one prepared to do this job and it is one I will continue to do to the very best of my ability and with the best interests of the club at heart.

"There is no doubt we are in a situation which needs sorting out and sorting out quickly.

"None of us can be happy at the position Newcastle United find themselves in right now and it is up to everyone involved to get us out of it.

"We have to do better and that means everyone pulling together for the good of the club to work through what are undeniably tough times.

"I think it is time the players are reminded just who they are playing for.

Did anyone here send an email to Shepherd begging him to give Glenn the job? Apparently he had thousands and thousands of the things.

"The biggest criticism is I've been too kind to managers with funds and too generous to players but we have the weather and we are competing with Tottenham, Chelsea, Manchester United and we are 300 miles from London.

What the fuck is that supposed to mean!

he was a Byker lad. and his family still own the scrapyard

Born in Gilsland, brought up in Byker. His mam was evacuated to Gilsland (there's what used to be called a sanitorium up there) to give birth during the war. Reason I know is because my mam was born at Gilsland after my granny was evacuated from Wallsend. Of christ, me mam and FFS may have been born in the same bed . . .

Freddy quotes from NUFC.com:

"I don't get upset by the protests.

"I love all the supporters because I'm one of them and don't have any problem with Geordies. If things were different I might be with them calling out about someone else.

"I've got to do what's best for the business, not me, and if a Geordie Abramovich knocked on the door we'd have to do business.

"I'd gladly do whatever to secure him but I don't want to lead supporters up a cul-de-sac because there's no-one there.

"I will not walk out on the business. I've made mistakes but so has everyone in football. I am from Byker and I used to fight my way into school and fight my way out again.

"I've been accused of many things but I can't be accused of not providing for the manager or giving players great wages. Yes, there have been mistakes but regardless of what people say I have only ever dismissed two managers - Bobby and Graeme.

"Everyone wanted Keegan and Kenny. When Gullit came there were 5,000 people here saying 'we want sexy football'.

"Everybody wanted Bobby and we all know that and he was here for five years.

"The only one the crowd did not want 100 per cent was Graeme but hindsight is a wonderful management tool.

"It's very important especially at Newcastle, you need to take supporters with you with the manager.

"It is a one-off club, the greatest in the world and managing it is the toughest job in the world.

"I got a number of emails in the summer saying I had to give the job to Glenn Roeder and not many said don't. We've got to let Glenn get on with the job but look at the injuries he's had. That's not an excuse, it's a fact.

"There has never been a quiet January at this club. We still have the team to get out of it. If it was Christmas I would be worried but we still have five months of the season.

"I couldn't have done any more for the manager in the summer with what was available. Once the window shuts all I can do is manage the business as best as I can. I cannot get on the pitch with the players.

"As a team and a club we've got to get on with it. We've got to get behind this team and support them. I will certainly get behind them. We're in this as a team.

"It's not a task that can't be done. The players have all admitted they played badly but they've assured me they are all together. So let's crack on, move together and get a run going.

"I have taken flack for it but the players have to stand up and be counted as well. Supporters want to win - they don't want to be fancy dans running up their own backsides.

"This is tough but I'm not running away. It's up to me to see it through. There is no-one else to sort it out.

"Right now it would seem I am the only one prepared to do this job and it is one I will continue to do to the very best of my ability and with the best interests of the club at heart.

"There is no doubt we are in a situation which needs sorting out and sorting out quickly.

"None of us can be happy at the position Newcastle United find themselves in right now and it is up to everyone involved to get us out of it.

"We have to do better and that means everyone pulling together for the good of the club to work through what are undeniably tough times.

"I think it is time the players are reminded just who they are playing for.

On the surface of it, that is significantly better than his 5 Live interview.