Steven Taylor stays if we are relegated

Guest geordienorway

Guest firetotheworks

Im not his biggest fan, but that says a lot.

Plus, I reckon he'd be one of the better defenders in the Championship.

Guest diddimz

If he stays and we go down, I'd be up for seeing him given the captaincy, seems to be a top lad.

Guest Magpiecn

I think the more first team players we can keep,the better.

as long as they wont be someone who get high salaries,but do nothing.

Guest teepee

great attitude, and really seems to thrive under shearer as well

if we can keep players like him next season we should be able to return to the premiership...

As much as I'd love to see Jonas stay in the Championship, as a current regular in the Argentina team, a season in the Championship would surely ruin his chances of going to the World Cup in South Africa next summer. Would be a mental decision in terms of his own career.

Guest The Libertine

Might sound strange, but a season mixing it in the Chamionship could be the making of the lad.

i was just going to post that. he could do with a "back to basics" season and it'll definitely benefit him in the long run.

Guest firetotheworks

I'll be shocked, but in admiration if Jonas stays, it'll be career suicide if he stays with us in the Championship. He plays in a team alongside Messi ffs. It would be an insane decision, but one I'd welcome personally.

I'll be shocked, but in admiration if Jonas stays, it'll be career suicide if he stays with us in the Championship. He plays in a team alongside Messi ffs. It would be an insane decision, but one I'd welcome personally.

Exactly. Next year he has a genuine, and probably only chance, of starting for Argentina in a World Cup. He'd blow that by staying here.