Aston Villa 1 - 0 Newcastle United - 24/05/09 - post match reaction from page 28

Dave

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Our closing down is so horrendous Barry should never have been let to get the shot off. We're getting raped on the flanks. Still while Manure are ahead there is something to cling onto.

Guest Mani

if we fooking drop.  then fookin fat ash deserves it, it's gonna be the worst investment he's ever made the dumb fat basdard.  :kinnear:

Our total lack of finishing has been the difference.

yes

has been the last few games we've lost tbh

We've clearly had the chances, been unlucky to though.

If we'd played like this the entire season, we'd be fine right now.

I said a few days before that I believe the Man Utd kids can beat Hull, that Chelsea can beat Sunderland, but I really don't believe that we can get something against Villa.

This is it, man. 45 minutes. The biggest 45 minutes this club has had in 20 years.

Shearer needs to prove his worth now with his team talk, good managers would have this lot coming out fired up in the 2nd half.

Yeah. :rolleyes: It's clearly Shearer's incompetence that has had these wasters playing as if they've already left the club for the last couple months or so.

Get stuffed man.

Whats that got to do with him giving them a little inspiration to win the game? Get the fuck with your "get stuffed" you immature brat.

You said a 'good manager' would have this lot motivated in the second half.

So if they're not motivated... he's a bad manager?

If they come out in the 2nd half still without any desire to win, any motivation, then just what did Shearer do when he had them in there? Im not having a pop at Shearer, I worship the ground the man walks on, but the fact is at half time it is the managers job to try and change the game. Its only 1-0 so we have to come back out and go for this, the players alone wont do that, not these players anyway, they need inspiration from their manager.

If we're relegated today because the players can't take advantage of results everywhere, I hope Shearer fucking decks every last one of them.

Can't finish, can't pass, can't defend. Useless, useless useless.

you just know we'll get hit on the break in this half and milner will finish a nice little move upfield. have to get an early goal imo or i can see them absorbing the pressure and picking us off.

The only time we've looked half useful is when its gone to martins

everything has been linked up by him. Guthrie & nolan need to push fowards far more to support better.

Vidukas had good moments, but isnt influencing anything much

I said a few days before that I believe the Man Utd kids can beat Hull, that Chelsea can beat Sunderland, but I really don't believe that we can get something against Villa.

This is it, man. 45 minutes. The biggest 45 minutes this club has had in 20 years.

ManU KIDS can beat Hull away from home and what did our first team do? lost twice?

Guest samtoonarmy

its just our luck that own goal. it was goin a mile wide and then it hits off a newcastle player and goes in the bottom corner. hope the lads can pull something off in the 2nd half. haway the toon!!!