Aston Villa 1 - 0 Newcastle United - 24/05/09 - post match reaction from page 28

Dave

Villa really are playing like they don't give a s***, and we're still s***.

For all our worries about Fergie lying down and taking it for Phil Brown, it's clearly Martin O'Niel that's doing his buddy Shearer a favor.

And somehow we refuse to take it.

I'm not having this about their goal being lucky. Sure, it was going off target but the way we sauntered out of the area and collectively failed to even attempt to smother the ball was fucking criminal.

We asked for that fucking goal, and got it.

HT came just in time thier heads have dropped, such an unlucky goal but Oba is creating problems I would get Jonas on now we need him running att hem pushing them back a bit.

Guest firetotheworks

I'm watching this at home, thanks to the Mrs deciding to get really f***ing ill early today.

I feel strangely tense.

I wonder what thats like.  :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Luck, other teams, other managers, other motives: SHUT UP

IT IS OUR OWN FAULT!

I'm not having this about their goal being lucky. Sure, it was going off target but the way we sauntered out of the area and collectively failed to even attempt to smother the ball was fucking criminal.

9/10 the ball goes nowhere dangerous. it took a fucking inch perfect deflection man! i'm not saying we didn't bring it on ourselves by letting the shot come in, but it is still bad luck. the more you are pinned in your area the more bad luck you'll have, and the opposite is also true. as man utd fans always say "you make your own luck".

Guthrie, Loven and Nolan have been fairly shit as usual. I really was hoping they would at least stand up and be counted in this one.

yeah Guthrie's been horrible, not beefing us up defensively or making runs forward, just not doing anything really.

Why do none of our players shoot from outside the area?

We know what is a chance of happening when you do.....

They cant hit a ball, must have been learning off jonas.

Nolans attempt was embarassing when he tried.

martins is the only lad we seem to have who can hit a ball with any power.

Its really strange.

I think Owen will be involved in some way - either cocking it up or doing what he's supposed to do. He might actually leave on good terms if he scores the goal that saves us 50m and just about pays off his fee and wages!

45 minutes from the Championship...

I feel like I'm three quarters of an hour away from the universe imploding.

The club will still exist. Its shit now, but relegation is part and parcel of the game. It will happen to Manyoo one day. Lets just grin and bear it and look forward to our eventual return to this league.

Guest johnson293

Set up for Owen to come on and be the hero who saves the season as a fairwell gesture........

.....hopefully!!!  ???

9/10 the ball goes nowhere dangerous. it took a fucking inch perfect deflection man! i'm not saying we didn't bring it on ourselves by letting the shot come in, but it is still bad luck. the more you are pinned in your area the more bad luck you'll have, and the opposite is also true. as man utd fans always say "you make your own luck".

9/10 it goes nowhere against a team that's not us in a situation that's not ours. :lol:

It's still bad luck but the lack of heart shown there just sums this season up. There should have been two, three men throwing themselves at that ball in the off chance it was destined for the top corner. Instead it was absolutely pathetic.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I'm watching this at home, thanks to the Mrs deciding to get really f***ing ill early today.

I feel strangely tense.

Leave her at home?

SO you can shove a dildo up her arse? Howay man.

Styill think we can get a result here, a draw