Replacements for your overpaid overhyped players

GG

This thread has cheered me up a little bit.

Ok we are down which is FUCKING SHIT! but there is a little bit of excitement talking about building a team for the future and having a chance to give some of our potentially youngsters a go now.

Martins?

:lol:

*potentially talented youngsters....

Guest Phil K

Who do you want in next season to push onwards and upwards?

The Chump Onion Ship is not exactly the Prem

Even our sh*te midfield would manage to create a few goals there

Raitala had a trial with Newcastle on January, but Newcastle (and other teams) wanted to wait until summer to get him cheaper (his contract was expiring in December, but he has signed new contract now). He can play on any position in defence, but he prefers playing as left-back. Turning 21 years in September, he has been in HJK's first team since 2007 and is very promising talent. He is very quick and solid defensively, but not the greatest going up. He will be playing in U21 European Championship next month and will be monitored by many teams (latest to show interest is PSV Eindhoven, also many clubs from Germany have been after him). He wants to make a smart move (somewhere where he can play week in, week out, so Newcastle has a chance).

Are we really that stingy? HJK are asking around 200K-300K! Finnish players are very very cheap in general but they are just as shit in general(excluding a few exceptions such as J.Litmanen, S.Hyypiä, A.Eremenko) and due to an extremely low tempo in our league it takes like forever to get used to the Premier League.

Leroy Lita on a free? Scored 9 in 16 in a poor Norwich team last year.

Trouble maker, would think Newcastle would want to steer clear of those for awhile.

Guest stjamestoon

We wont be able to afford anyone.. with our massive wage bill what makes people think we wont do a leeds? It will be a mass exodus, thats it.

And who'd bang in the chances? Ameobi?

And who'd bang in the chances? Ameobi?

Carroll ;)

We wont be able to afford anyone.. with our massive wage bill what makes people think we wont do a leeds? It will be a mass exodus, thats it.

Well we will have to sign some players. We can't just sit around feel sorry for ourselves and moan all summer. The sooner we accept our relegation, get rid of our high earners and start preparing for next year the better.

Guest stjamestoon

Well we will have to sign some players. We can't just sit around feel sorry for ourselves and moan all summer. The sooner we accept our relegation, get rid of our high earners and start preparing for next year the better.

I dont think it will be as easy as that though. We will have to sell most of our first team as it is, and probably make do with as many loans, frees, and reserve players as we can.

"It was hell seeing Newcastle go down. It's long since they were down there, and it's not good they're going down now, they're "my" team. It's typical Newcastle this year that an own goal sent us down." - Skjelbred

"I'm not thinking about that." - Skjelbred concerning the transfer rumours linking him with Newcastle.

in today's VG (Norwegian newspaper.) under the title "Skjelbred's Nigthmare Day."

"It was hell seeing Newcastle go down. It's long since they were down there, and it's not good they're going down now, they're "my" team. It's typical Newcastle this year that an own goal sent us down." - Skjelbred

"I'm not thinking about that." - Skjelbred concerning the transfer rumours linking him with Newcastle.

in today's VG (Norwegian newspaper.) under the title "Skjelbred's Nigthmare Day."

Shearer , sign him up, Shearer Shearer sign him up

i know one thing we are going to have to be looking at Bargain buys, Bosmans etc as can't see us spending big money on transfers,  i'm sure i read something that when Chopra went back to Cardiff on loan is was a loan deal with a view to a £4m transfer!  Can you see us paying £4m for Chopra?  Also seen Joe Ledleys name mentioned in this thread, Stoke had a £6-7m bid knocked back in january, so can't see us matching that!

Why? Because he's a Newcastle fan? I'd rather take Berbatov if that were the criteria.

Why? Because he's a Newcastle fan? I'd rather take Berbatov if that were the criteria.

I've got a feeling Berbatov might not want to play in the Championship though.

Or because

a) he would come

b) he is miles better than anyone we have have in midfield

c) his heart is in the club and wont shirk like the majority of the other wasters we have at the club.

This thread has cheered me up a little bit.

Ok we are down which is FUCKING SHIT! but there is a little bit of excitement talking about building a team for the future and having a chance to give some of our potentially youngsters a go now.

Martins?

:lol::lol:

Agree with Gejon to some extent though. Well, i would be excited if i didn't have total confidence in Llambias and Ashley and Co fucking up what is their biggest challenge yet.

Guest alankhaw

17th June is when the fixture lists are out. Will be interesting to see who we've got rid of by then

Becchio is at the top of my list. Leeds have become my second team but i'd love us to grab some of their talent. I'd like to see Beckford and Delph (both overrated but easily good enough for the championship) follow. Doyle at Reading could also be a good option.

How the fuck are Leeds your second team?

Jonjo Shelvey (Charlton)

Jukka Raitala (HJK)

Zola Matumona (FC Brussels)

what can you tell us about the other two? i'm sure there's plenty of foreign players who could come in and do a job in the championship, so hopefully the likes of vetere have been looking for them.

Raitala had a trial with Newcastle on January, but Newcastle (and other teams) wanted to wait until summer to get him cheaper (his contract was expiring in December, but he has signed new contract now). He can play on any position in defence, but he prefers playing as left-back. Turning 21 years in September, he has been in HJK's first team since 2007 and is very promising talent. He is very quick and solid defensively, but not the greatest going up. He will be playing in U21 European Championship next month and will be monitored by many teams (latest to show interest is PSV Eindhoven, also many clubs from Germany have been after him). He wants to make a smart move (somewhere where he can play week in, week out, so Newcastle has a chance).

Matumona is not the youngest player anymore (born 1981), and hasn't really shined the way he should've been. He had a succesful trial with Birmingham last summer, but for some reason it never happened. He still can produce something magical and I believe that in right circumstances he has a chance to be a star. Very skillful player with good vision, plays as right-winger for Congo (don't know about Brussels). Small and quick. I really liked him with Congo and I would be ready to give him a chance.

Shelvey will be a star, he is easily one of the best midfielders in Championship, too bad he has played for such a poor side (Charlton). He could make it in Premiership easily, but hopefully we could have a chance to sign him. Will definately leave Charlton in summer, but question is who gets him?

Arsenal if the rumours are correct.