Replacements for your overpaid overhyped players

GG

Jordi Gomez, excellent in midfield for Swansea

Would be fantastic.. but premier league and spanish clubs already want him. He wont stay in the championship.

Until we know who is staying/going there is little point speculating on names coming in.

Couple of season long loanees from top 4 - eckersley and merida or someone

Gary Hooper

Jermaine Beckford

Chris Eagles if Burnley don't go up

Brian Stock

Sean St Ledger

Add them to Butt, Taylors (s), Guthrie, Carroll, Krul and the likes and that's not bad team for that level

Gary Hooper

Jermaine Beckford

Brian Stock

Sean St Ledger

Add them to Butt, Taylors (s), Guthrie, Carroll, Krul and the likes and that's not bad team for that level

Hooper's going nowhere.

Keogh from Wolves would be an excellent signing.

Joe Murphy to replace Harper.

Gary Hooper

Jermaine Beckford

Brian Stock

Sean St Ledger

Hooper's going nowhere.

Scunny would sell for a decent fee, they have before when they gt promoted and I think it was Sharp left

All in all we need two decent wingers, commanding centre half who can rough and two mobile strikers who aren't afraid to mix it n all.

Not sure what happened after his loan at Norwich ended by Lita would be a decent signing n all

Leroy Lita on a free? Scored 9 in 16 in a poor Norwich team last year.

In all likelyhood we might not buy more than one striker if that.

Carroll, Ameobi, Ranger, Viduka, Xisco, Lovenkrands, smith could all feasibly stay here, granted I hope at least half of them dont.

Aaron Gunnarson from Coventry looks a decent player and he's only 20 years old.

Darren Gibson from Man Utd would be a good signing as well but i doubt they'd let him go

Adam Johnson and David Wheater from Boro look pretty handy too

Other than them.....fuck knows!

Jonjo Shelvey (Charlton)

Jukka Raitala (HJK)

Zola Matumona (FC Brussels)

what can you tell us about the other two? i'm sure there's plenty of foreign players who could come in and do a job in the championship, so hopefully the likes of vetere have been looking for them.

Guest firetotheworks

Darren Gibson from Man Utd would be a good signing as well but i doubt they'd let him go

Other than them.....f*** knows!

I'd like him. No idea why he doesn't get played. He usually looks a threat whenever I see him.

I'd like him. No idea why he doesn't get played. He usually looks a threat whenever I see him.

Think he commited himself to staying with Boro yesterday or today. They will need him next year.

Jonjo Shelvey (Charlton)

Jukka Raitala (HJK)

Zola Matumona (FC Brussels)

what can you tell us about the other two? i'm sure there's plenty of foreign players who could come in and do a job in the championship, so hopefully the likes of vetere have been looking for them.

Raitala had a trial with Newcastle on January, but Newcastle (and other teams) wanted to wait until summer to get him cheaper (his contract was expiring in December, but he has signed new contract now). He can play on any position in defence, but he prefers playing as left-back. Turning 21 years in September, he has been in HJK's first team since 2007 and is very promising talent. He is very quick and solid defensively, but not the greatest going up. He will be playing in U21 European Championship next month and will be monitored by many teams (latest to show interest is PSV Eindhoven, also many clubs from Germany have been after him). He wants to make a smart move (somewhere where he can play week in, week out, so Newcastle has a chance).

Matumona is not the youngest player anymore (born 1981), and hasn't really shined the way he should've been. He had a succesful trial with Birmingham last summer, but for some reason it never happened. He still can produce something magical and I believe that in right circumstances he has a chance to be a star. Very skillful player with good vision, plays as right-winger for Congo (don't know about Brussels). Small and quick. I really liked him with Congo and I would be ready to give him a chance.

Shelvey will be a star, he is easily one of the best midfielders in Championship, too bad he has played for such a poor side (Charlton). He could make it in Premiership easily, but hopefully we could have a chance to sign him. Will definately leave Charlton in summer, but question is who gets him?

Southgate being a twat recalling him from us during his loan spell cost us promotion IMO, all impetus went when he left. He was utter class in that league.

Gary Hooper

Jermaine Beckford

Brian Stock

Sean St Ledger

Hooper's going nowhere.

Scunny would sell for a decent fee, they have before when they gt promoted and I think it was Sharp left

All in all we need two decent wingers, commanding centre half who can rough and two mobile strikers who aren't afraid to mix it n all.

Not sure what happened after his loan at Norwich ended by Lita would be a decent signing n all

Sharp had one year left on his contract though, and his hometown club came in for him. Completely different situation. Hooper has already said (to me personally, not just in the press) that he needs at least one more season at Scunthorpe. Fulham started watching him half way through the season and were told that he wouldn't be leaving until at least 2010.

Having said that, I think Sharp may go back for a season's loan, so who knows ;)

This thread has cheered me up a little bit.

Ok we are down which is FUCKING SHIT! but there is a little bit of excitement talking about building a team for the future and having a chance to give some of our potentially youngsters a go now.

Ok we are down which is FUCKING SHIT! but there is a little bit of excitement talking about building a team for the future and having a chance to give some of our potentially youngsters a go now.

Martins?

Martins?

Sherla.

Becchio is at the top of my list. Leeds have become my second team but i'd love us to grab some of their talent. I'd like to see Beckford and Delph (both overrated but easily good enough for the championship) follow. Doyle at Reading could also be a good option.