Fabricio Coloccini

steve_69
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

felt really sorry for him after the 4th goal.... a lot of people now will think that colo is a donkey again, blah blah blah.

What, after he backed off and out of the challenge? Aww poor Colo :lol:

felt really sorry for him after the 4th goal.... a lot of people now will think that colo is a donkey again, blah blah blah.

What, after he backed off and out of the challenge? Aww poor Colo :lol:

Never said that it wasn't terrible play by him. It's just that he's been terrific for us since we went down..... and watching Elmander raping him kinda just brought back horrible old memories.

Guest bluegeordie

that was up there with the worst of bramble, boumsong, ramage, cacapa in terms of high profile stinkers. really selfish and stupid to do what he did to settle a personal score or deal with frustration, as now we'll lose him for important games. dick.

hopefully he'll bounce back and recover his form, can't afford for him to do what he did in his first season here and fall to pieces for half a year. mind you that's 3 times this season where him and williamson have looked uncomfortable against big burly strikers.

Agreed, and I tried to make a similar point in the post-match reaction thread, where I wrote:

"The other options that spring to mind concern the centre of defence. I recognise that stability is preferable there, and Colo and Williamson have put in some excellent performances this season, but you didn't need to be Nostradamus to predict that they would struggle with the Bolton set-up, and Davies in particular. Sooner or later, I think that Hughton needs to make the call that Colo, regardless of form, might not be the best choice for tall, physical forwards. I think that Sol would have been a wiser choice for the particular challenge that we were going to face today. In my view, the desire for stability needs to be balanced out with a "horses for courses" mentality, something which I'm not convinced Hughton displays in his managerial decisions."

The basic mistakes are definately creeping back after an excellent start to the season.

Letting Bent wander off him v the mackems in the six yard box, the Jason Roberts mistake & then today.

Just hope he's not re-creating his last season in the Premier League, where he started well then fell to pieces.

Him pulling out of the challenge for the fourth was a piece of the worst defending I think I've seen. He just backed off and let the striker through.

:nope:

Indecision, not pulling out. See no.18 for 'pulling out'.

The basic mistakes are definately creeping back after an excellent start to the season.

Letting Bent wander off him v the mackems in the six yard box, the Jason Roberts mistake & then today.

Just hope he's not re-creating his last season in the Premier League, where he started well then fell to pieces.

A bit harsh after one bad game, especially since we were 3-1 down in this one in any case.

Guest Heneage

That elbow is fucking disgusting. We all had a go at Morgan doing similar to Hume. He needs to really look at himself in the mirror after that.

Guest neesy111

Don't like acts like that, also they are cowardly acts.  Showing acts of indiscipline does show a weakness for the future as I can see a few strikers seeing if they can get under him like Elmander did.

Just needs to be reminded to lump the uncontrolled ball away as soon as there's someone within 5 metres of him. He was doing just that at the beginning of this season, continuing his form from the Championship, but the past month or so he did seem to get more cocky, taking more unecessary risks than usual (probably overconfident due to top form).

Guest Ridzuan

Screw Coloccini. Reminds me of how bad of a player he is. Championship standard at best. Campbell should replace him and we should probably get a new defender in January so that we can offload Coloccini.