Fabricio Coloccini

steve_69
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The only place i would play colo is Sweeper but you never see that anywhere now.

You've worded that wrongly, surely? He's our best CB.

Yes i have worded it very wrongly, he is our best CB, i was just trying to say IF i had to play him someplace else it would be as a sweeper but its not over common these days.

I hoped that Pards would have learned from the formation experiments that his best bet is to change the system as little as possible. Find the best like-for-like replacement for whoever is missing, and don't touch the rest.

That said, I've no idea who our other midfield options might have been today!

I hoped that Pards would have learned from the formation experiments that his best bet is to change the system as little as possible. Find the best like-for-like replacement for whoever is missing, and don't touch the rest.

That said, I've no idea who our other midfield options might have been today!

fergy  guthrie  barton  jonas

enrique    willo  colo    simspson

thats how i would of played it

Jonas Barton Guthrie Ferguson

?

Yeah possibly, I guess everyone is committed to not moving Barton inside though.

Well yeah, he's not much good there so I guess Pardew thought it better to move Colo to keep Barton out right. Probably scared of not having a defensive-minded midfielder too.

Personally I prefer not to piss around with the defence.

Colo likes to sit and sweep with the odd foray forward from deep where space emerges.

However in this league a defensive central midfielder needs to be able to operate on the ball in tight space, and off the ball he needs to be closing down like a heeling terrier. Tiote for example is perfect at this. However those are attributes that don't really suit Colo's style of play.

Spot on.  He didn't have the time and space that he needed to link the play effectively.  He also lacked the physicality to do the pressing that we needed.  Not his position at all, at least not in this league.

Jonas Barton Guthrie Ferguson

?

Yeah possibly, I guess everyone is committed to not moving Barton inside though.

Well yeah, he's not much good there so I guess Pardew thought it better to move Colo to keep Barton out right. Probably scared of not having a defensive-minded midfielder too.

Personally I prefer not to piss around with the defence.

:thup: Said it earlier. When I saw who was our CB pairing I shit me keks.

Ran around like a headless chicken, chasing the ball rather than watching the other players. Was totally and utterly pointless and hope it finally puts the "Play him in midfield" comments to dead.

We still managed to beat Liverpool and draw with Chelsea without him.  He's been one of our best players this season but Tiote and Barton are still the most important players for us

:nope:

Colo, Barton, Nolan and Jonas.

We still managed to beat Liverpool and draw with Chelsea without him.  He's been one of our best players this season but Tiote and Barton are still the most important players for us

i'd label nolan most important then tiote colo barton

:nope:

Colo, Barton, Nolan and Jonas.

Ok, so Tiote isn't in our top 2-3 most important players...

Take a lot at the result/stats...they back it up.

Wolves beat both of those teams this season. If only we had their sterling defence.

We looked very poor defensively against both Liverpool and West Brom without him.

Wolves beat both of those teams this season. If only we had their sterling defence.

We looked very poor defensively against both Liverpool and West Brom without him.

I'm just using it to back up my quote.  I'm not saying we don't need him, I'm saying I don't think he's more important than Tiote or Barton.  Someone recently said we've never won without Barton in the team, I dunno if that's true but it says a lot if it is.