Championship Players

Dan Gleebals

What's the comment about Billy Sharp about? Stick him in the right team and he'd easily get 15-20 goals in the CCC.

Based on what? Sheff Utd have played about 10 strikers ahead of him and i think only Beattie got near 20 goals. His record in the championship is 8 in 53.

Based on having seen him play live in about 70 matches. Based on seeing the role he was given at Sheff United, after he was signed by a board even though the manager (Bryan Robson) said he didn't want him. He was played completely out of position by Robson, and eventually it lead to his downfall.

Billy is severely lacking in confidence in his own game, so wouldn't be a good signing at the mo anyway. He wants to go out on loan for a season to prove himself again (although for some reason he still sees himself as a Sheff United player)

Guest Roger Kint

We should take a look at Mackail-Smith and Mclean from Peterborough. Brilliant last season and will do well in the championship.

George Boyd too.

Is Wilbraham(?) from MK Dons any good?

We should take a look at Mackail-Smith and Mclean from Peterborough. Brilliant last season and will do well in the championship.

George Boyd too.

Is Wilbraham(?) from MK Dons any good?

He's ok, but he's an absolute cock.

Guest Phil K

Doyle from Reading IS a goalscorer in the Owen mould without the helicopter-to-work/horses-come-first baggage

Cahill's decent too

And who was that Sheff U defender - Walker was it ? - who made a superb from the back challenge after pulling back 2 yards on the striker to stop a certain 2nd goal ? (only half watching the box with sound off at work)

Guest Roger Kint

Why would Doyle or Hunt join us? They want out of this league desperately, theres more chance of promotion staying at Reading next year than coming here and would both cost a fortune.

Makes no sense.

Why would Doyle or Hunt join us? They want out of this league desperately, theres more chance of promotion staying at Reading next year than coming here and would both cost a fortune.

Makes no sense.

Reading have a better chance at promotion? :lol: With Coppell gone I'm reasonably sure next year will be a rebuilding campaign for them. The likes of Doyle and Hunt probably can and will be tempted to leave.

I would guess they'd be more likely to join a promoted club who'll take a chance on them though.

I'm a bit iffy on Beckford. Been to Leeds a couple of times this season just gone with my Leeds-mate, and Beckford winds him up no end. Good infront of goal like but with everything else... dunno; his footwork is gash like.

Tbh, i've got no problem if we want to save a bit of cash and build the striking line around Carroll. I quite like what i've seen of him this season and i reckon he could flourish if playing week-in, week-out. Then there's Shola to deputise; Owen, Martins, Viduka, Smith, Lovenkrands all bound to leave... meaning Shola's the only deputy, come to think of it...

We're probably going to have to rely on Carroll at this rate, given the state of the squad come July/August sorta time.

Guest westamfan

Makes no sense.

Reading have a better chance at promotion? :lol: With Coppell gone I'm reasonably sure next year will be a rebuilding campaign for them. The likes of Doyle and Hunt probably can and will be tempted to leave.

I would guess they'd be more likely to join a promoted club who'll take a chance on them though.

How are you planning on signing some of these players exactly? I just read Newcastle earned £41 million through TV this season, and next season it will be a mere £2.5 million.

The players you sell won't go for inflated prices because Europe knows you need the money.

Bosman rulings or part exchange transfers is where you guys should be looking.

Makes no sense.

How are you planning on signing some of these players exactly? I just read Newcastle earned £41 million through TV this season, and next season it will be a mere £2.5 million.

The players you sell won't go for inflated prices because Europe knows you need the money.

Parachute payments/money we get from transfers/money saved on wages.

We still won't have a lot, £5-10m isn't out of the question.

Makes no sense.

Never implied we should be going for Doyle or Hunt. I don't know if we'll have a pot to piss in next season but I'd rather assume that we will. It all comes down to how many high earners we get to offload and for how much.

What I would like to know is why you seemed to have registered on this forum for the sole express purpose of running around and screaming "YOU'LL HAVE NO MONEY! PANIC!" :lol:

buy the 5 best championship players who didn't get promoted in the positions we need and make 4 loans from PL clubs

ship out our shit and keep the nucleus of young and commited players we have

lets not kid ourselves that we won't be a draw for a lot of players down there already, we can offer them a little more money without resorting to 40k p/w contracts

piece of piss :lol:

Guest Heneage

Beckford has just been put on the transfer list. He'll do for me.

We must do this now.

Not disciplined enough, gets sent off too much, with us every team will trying to be wind our lot up we are a scalp. Ross McCormack is one I'd look at, as well as Ched Evans.

Guest westamfan

Makes no sense.

Never implied we should be going for Doyle or Hunt. I don't know if we'll have a pot to piss in next season but I'd rather assume that we will. It all comes down to how many high earners we get to offload and for how much.

What I would like to know is why you seemed to have registered on this forum for the sole express purpose of running around and screaming "YOU'LL HAVE NO MONEY! PANIC!" :lol:

I signed up because I love the city of Newcastle i have a few friends through work who are massive Newcastle fans and I couldn't stand Wise & Ashley.

My sole purpose is to now ease the shock of next season. I've seen it all before with my club and the way you guys are acting is exactly the same as we did. The sooner you wise up the better! Don't confuse me with somebody on the wind up trying to rub salt in the wounds. That's not my style.

I'm a bit iffy on Beckford. Been to Leeds a couple of times this season just gone with my Leeds-mate, and Beckford winds him up no end. Good infront of goal like but with everything else... dunno; his footwork is gash like.

Tbh, i've got no problem if we want to save a bit of cash and build the striking line around Carroll. I quite like what i've seen of him this season and i reckon he could flourish if playing week-in, week-out. Then there's Shola to deputise; Owen, Martins, Viduka, Smith, Lovenkrands all bound to leave... meaning Shola's the only deputy, come to think of it...

We're probably going to have to rely on Carroll at this rate, given the state of the squad come July/August sorta time.

Youtube - Jermaine Beckford goal for Scunthorpe - gash footwork?!!?

buy the 5 best championship players who didn't get promoted in the positions we need and make 4 loans from PL clubs

lets not kid ourselves that we won't be a draw for a lot of players down there already, we can offer them a little more money without resorting to 40k p/w contracts

4 loans would be a bit of a risk unless there the type that are likely to sign for you once the loan ends, i know loan players always want to prove there selves but at the end of the day they know there leaving in 6 months and heading back to the likes of liverpool,arsenal etc so would doubt there heart is really in it, 1 or 2 loans maybe but not a 3rd of the team.

4 loans would be a bit of a risk unless there the type that are likely to sign for you once the loan ends, i know loan players always want to prove there selves but at the end of the day they know there leaving in 6 months and heading back to the likes of liverpool,arsenal etc so would doubt there heart is really in it, 1 or 2 loans maybe but not a 3rd of the team.

you still need a squad down there though, don't see the harm in 4 or so if we can get them - just make sure the ones we fancy have potential permanent deals written in, the others might see it as a way to prove themselves to us or their current club

win/win imo

Guest Heneage

Wolves made good use of the loan system to get the likes of Mancienne

Might be worth trying to get him again.

Not sure they'd let him out on loan gain, but there will be other similar players available.

On a side note we are in a really difficullt position. We need to build  asquad (almost from scratch) to fulfill 2 tasks.  We need a squad to get up and then (with only a few additions) hopefully compete at the top level again.  All on  a limited budget.  Far from easy!