Championship Players

Dan Gleebals

Ok, just looking through every club in the Championship, and here are the players I've heard of and know a bit about:

Start with the teams that have been relegated:

Norwich: No-one really takes my fancy

Southampton: Adam Lallana

Charlton: Darren Ambrose, Jonjo Shelvey (probably out of our price range and will go to a Prem club though)

Best of the rest.....

Mark Beevers: 19 year old centre half from Sheffield Wednesday. Very highly rated. Price might be a stumbling block.

Giles Barnes: Went to Fulham on loan but didn't impress so he's back off to Derby. Probably get some interest from a Premiership club though.

Freddy Eastwood: I've heard of him and he's been decent whenever I've seen him, but it looks like he didn't do much last season.

Billy Sharp: 23 year old striker that is currently at Sheffield United. Majority of what I know from him is couresy of FM though haha.

Joe Mattock: Currently playing for Leicester as a LB.

Lewis McGugan: 20 year old central midfielder, currently at Nottingham Forest. He's one of these outstanding Championship players who probably isn't quite ready for the step-up to the Premiership yet.

Joe Ledley: He's a gun. Probably again though, ready for a Premiership club to come in for him.

Ross McCormack: One of the leagues top scorers last season

Victor Moses: Young 18 year old winger/striker from Crystal Palace

Billy Jones: 22 year old versatile player. Can play anywhere across the back four or even in midfield.

Jason Scotland: Very good goal-scoring record in this league.

Matejovsky, Commons, Scotland, Doyle, Beckford, Fryatt, off the top of my head would be good shouts.

Fryatt was shite in the championship last season.

We've been watching Commons for ages, but I reckon he'll end up at Birmingham or Wigan.

Kyle Naughton would be good cover at LB.

Is he not a right back?

He is indeed. Naysmith is Sheff Utd's Left back. Couldn't see him leaving Utd for anybody else in the championship.

Be nice to try and get Gibson.

I rate him. No idea if Man Utd would be prepared to let him go, but I think he'd be a class signing for us. They've been known to flog a couple of decentish players who weren't going to be good enough for them to a CCC team in the last couple of years (Eagles, Jones).

Ok, just looking through every club in the Championship, and here are the players I've heard of and know a bit about:

Start with the teams that have been relegated:

Norwich: No-one really takes my fancy

Southampton: Adam Lallana

Charlton: Darren Ambrose, Jonjo Shelvey (probably out of our price range and will go to a Prem club though)

Best of the rest.....

Mark Beevers: 19 year old centre half from Sheffield Wednesday. Very highly rated. Price might be a stumbling block.

Giles Barnes: Went to Fulham on loan but didn't impress so he's back off to Derby. Probably get some interest from a Premiership club though.

Freddy Eastwood: I've heard of him and he's been decent whenever I've seen him, but it looks like he didn't do much last season.

Billy Sharp: 23 year old striker that is currently at Sheffield United. Majority of what I know from him is couresy of FM though haha.

Joe Mattock: Currently playing for Leicester as a LB.

Lewis McGugan: 20 year old central midfielder, currently at Nottingham Forest. He's one of these outstanding Championship players who probably isn't quite ready for the step-up to the Premiership yet.

Joe Ledley: He's a gun. Probably again though, ready for a Premiership club to come in for him.

Ross McCormack: One of the leagues top scorers last season

Victor Moses: Young 18 year old winger/striker from Crystal Palace

Billy Jones: 22 year old versatile player. Can play anywhere across the back four or even in midfield.

Jason Scotland: Very good goal-scoring record in this league.

I can confirm Freddy Eastwood is shit.

Someone was telling me Morgan Schneiderlin of Southampton was tidy.

He can't tackle, can't win headers, disappears when the going gets tough, but is an excellent passer of the ball. Definitely not ready for first team football for a club with actual aspirations.

I don't think we will be in a situation to buy the best players from fellow championship sides somehow.

Reckon we are better off targetting prem players who are maybe just short of prem quality at the moment and also top league one players.

Could do with raiding Southampton for some of their better players as they are going down and they do have some serious young talent there.

Guest The Corner

Free Transfers Any one?

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2009/4/12/1183353/out-of-contract-players-in-england-free-to-move-this-summer

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2009/4/12/1183429/out-of-contract-players-in-spain-free-to-move-this-summer

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2009/4/12/1183517/out-of-contract-players-in-italy-free-to-move-this-summer

Daruis Vassell, Julian Gray, Danny Mills, Kanu, Linvoy Primus, Super Sibierski ?

There seems to be some good older players in Italy and Spain but i dont know how good they are now.

This was in April as well so some players might have signed on by now.

Apologies if it has already been posted

Doyle from Reading IS a goalscorer in the Owen mould without the helicopter-to-work/horses-come-first baggage

Cahill's decent too

Doyle isn't really like Owen. He has a much better all round game.Can play on the wing if necessary,crosses in great balls. Alas been injured towards the end of the season. Signed a new contract last season. If he goes I would think it would be to a premier league club

or for a lot of money.

I don't think we will be in a situation to buy the best players from fellow championship sides somehow.

Reckon we are better off targetting prem players who are maybe just short of prem quality at the moment and also top league one players.

Could do with raiding Southampton for some of their better players as they are going down and they do have some serious young talent there.

I'm sorry Kaka but that complete nonsense, once again, of course we will be looking at players with a proven record at this level and we'll have the cash to buy them, I'm sure about that. Looking at League 1 players makes no bloody sense whatsover.

I'm sorry Kaka but that complete nonsense, once again, of course we will be looking at players with a proven record at this level and we'll have the cash to buy them, I'm sure about that. Looking at League 1 players makes no bloody sense whatsover.

i'm with afar on this one - the average wage bill for the CCC is 9m or something and they papers (i know) reckon we'll attempt to maintain a 40m wage bill for a season to try and go up

we'll be the biggest hitters down there by far and with the sales of martins & bassong, plus peanuts adding up from the likes of smith, shola or whoever else we ship there should be money to spend on new players from the CCC

we need to buy players who aren't only gonna exist for a season, i.e. some scrappers who get us up who we've then got to offload to replace with PL players

this is why loans are key for me, spend what money we have wisely getting the best players down there who have the potential to improve then flesh out the squad with loans

all depends on fat mike though i suppose

i'm with afar on this one - the average wage bill for the CCC is 9m or something and they papers (i know) reckon we'll attempt to maintain a 40m wage bill for a season to try and go up

we'll be the biggest hitters down there by far and with the sales of martins & bassong, plus peanuts adding up from the likes of smith, shola or whoever else we ship there should be money to spend on new players from the CCC

we need to buy players who aren't only gonna exist for a season, i.e. some scrappers who get us up who we've then got to offload to replace with PL players

this is why loans are key for me, spend what money we have wisely getting the best players down there who have the potential to improve then flesh out the squad with loans

all depends on fat mike though i suppose

League One, here we come!