Championship Players

Dan Gleebals

Chopra. Him missing that chance at St. James' this season was surely an omen?

Stephen Cranie from Blackpool? Hates Dennis Wise so he should fit right in :lol:

Martin Cranie from Portsmouth wouldn't be too bad either.

Guest Heneage

I wonder if any of those who missed out on promotion might fancy it or those not deemed good enough by the promoted lot.

Goes without saying that we should be going for

1. Best players from lower-table Championship sides

2. Random foreign imports

3. Top-four youngsters on loan

Going after the best of the best in the Championship is going to be a. impossible, as the clubs would refuse to sell to their rivals, and b. unwise, as we'll have ended up spending mountains of cash on Championship quality players if we get back to the PL.

Goes without saying that we should be going for

1. Best players from lower-table Championship sides

2. Random foreign imports

3. Top-four youngsters on loan

Going after the best of the best in the Championship is going to be a. impossible, as the clubs would refuse to sell to their rivals, and b. unwise, as we'll have ended up spending mountains of cash on Championship quality players if we get back to the PL.

i agree although would have to be very selective on the type of foreign imports that we sign as they'd need to be able to battle,  we need Abdou Faye types rather than Colocinnis, if we went down the defender route for example.

I wonder if any of those who missed out on promotion might fancy it or those not deemed good enough by the promoted lot.

The likes of Doyle, Hunt and Andre Bikey at Reading might be worth taking a look at. I think they would all do as squad players in the Prem too.

Surely not a return for Gary Speed? He would still proably to better than Butt.

I get the feeling that, by the time we reach September 1st, i'm not gonna have a fucking clue how good or bad our squad is. I don't think i've watched a lower-league game this season... Christ - i've honestly barely watched a game of football this season from a neutral perspective, and i think i could count on two hands how many times i've watched MOTD - if that.

Insane how disillusioned with football i've become. Don't have the first fucking clue who we're going to sign.

Think we should stay away though championship grafters who are liely to be premiership no hopers.

If we buy someone we should aim for (young) exciting players with potential to succeed in Premiership - the Wolves / West Brom model.

The Swansea dutch midfielder

Arsenal kids (loan)

Man U kids (loan)

Some random foreigners

If we spend big I would like to get Kevin Doyle, Roger Johnson, Fabian Delph, Giles Barnes, Brian Howard

Give a proper chance to Carrol, Edgar, Lua Lua

We'd need some big, hard, horrible bastards to get us back up. Fuck guile and craft, we need a bit of backbone or we'll get turned over every week. The rules have changed and we either adapt or drop again. :neutral:

We definitely need some sort of brick shithouse (or, alternatively, someone who is capable of defending) in the midfield... but i mean, wouldn't signing a load of cloggers - like you've suggested - simply be succumbing to the league we're in? I know i'm in danger of contradicting my previous post, but surely it's a bit of flair and 'magic' that shoots teams up the Championship? A la Swansea (i think :iamatwat: ).

We'd need some big, hard, horrible bastards to get us back up. Fuck guile and craft, we need a bit of backbone or we'll get turned over every week. The rules have changed and we either adapt or drop again. :neutral:

We definitely need some sort of brick shithouse (or, alternatively, someone who is capable of defending) in the midfield... but i mean, wouldn't signing a load of cloggers - like you've suggested - simply be succumbing to the league we're in? I know i'm in danger of contradicting my previous post, but surely it's a bit of flair and 'magic' that shoots teams up the Championship? A la Swansea (i think :iamatwat: ).

It's a physically tough league and our pampered little fannies would get rolled over every week. Gutierrez et al will get kicked to bits every week and we need to be strong and organised just to compete, let alone push on up the league.

An extra 8 games this season and no room for passengers mean the emphasis is on graft over guile.

We'd need some big, hard, horrible bastards to get us back up. f*** guile and craft, we need a bit of backbone or we'll get turned over every week. The rules have changed and we either adapt or drop again. :neutral:

It's a physically tough league and our pampered little fannies would get rolled over every week. Gutierrez et al will get kicked to bits every week and we need to be strong and organised just to compete, let alone push on up the league.

An extra 8 games this season and no room for passengers mean the emphasis is on graft over guile.

Gutierrez got kicked to bits in a few games this season but it didn't stop him coming back for more.

We (Swans) found we did very well against teams that wanted to play football against us but suffered against clogging hoofers.

Hence our good results against Burnley and bad against Sheff Utd.

We had no answer to the cloggers hoofing the ball up the field whose only purpose it appears was to stop us playing.

Think we should stay away though championship grafters who are liely to be premiership no hopers.

If we buy someone we should aim for (young) exciting players with potential to succeed in Premiership - the Wolves / West Brom model.

The Swansea dutch midfielder

Arsenal kids (loan)

Man U kids (loan)

Some random foreigners

If we spend big I would like to get Kevin Doyle, Roger Johnson, Fabian Delph, Giles Barnes, Brian Howard

Give a proper chance to Carrol, Edgar, Lua Lua

That said, we cannot afford to turn our noses up on good Championship players just because they won't make it in the Prem.

Bouncing back up within our parachute payment period will be extremely difficult and we need every little bit of help we can get. Getting ahead of ourselves and planning for the Prem before we're actually there again is the surest possible plan for failure.

Do everything we can to get out of the Championship first. We'll think about the Premier League if and when we get there.

We'd need some big, hard, horrible bastards to get us back up. f*** guile and craft, we need a bit of backbone or we'll get turned over every week. The rules have changed and we either adapt or drop again. :neutral:

Completely, we need a new killer kilcline, we really havent had one since. Barton takes the role too seriously.

Gutierrez got kicked to bits in a few games this season but it didn't stop him coming back for more.

We'll get kicked off the park every game next season though. We'll be a prize scalp for most teams and they'll look at exploiting us being soft as shite from set-pieces and being and a shambles at the back in open play.

We need to rip it up and start again. 

Just watched the Championship play-off final. I liked the look of Kyle Walker the Sheff Utd right back. Pacey, aggressive and a bit of skill. 18 year old, worth a punt at the right price.

Me too,felt he should have had a penalty.

I guess you could be right, Midds... as i said earlier, i have barely watched any Championship football so i'm not really in any position to comment.

Regardless of the wank situation we're in - it's gonna be somewhat 'interesting' watching us attempt to re-build. ???

Guest Heneage

We certainly need a hard case at the back at the very least least. Look at Chris Morgan.

Is that a joke? ???

God I hope so.

We certainly need a hard case at the back at the very least least. Look at Chris Morgan.

Is that a joke? ???

God I hope so.

We need someone to do what Morgan does for Sheff Utd is how I read it.

And he's spot on too. We need a true leader in the back 4 to organise things and deal with the physical stuff we're going to encounter. To pretend we can just keep the same squad and just play our way out of the division is pie in the fucking sky. We're going to have to fight tooth and nail to compete.

Now that I think of it, Kim from West Brom would be a great signing.

He's fallen out of favor there but I know from firsthand experience that he's good enough to be one of the best players in the Championship if used properly.

Also, if we sign a Korean I'll get to see us on the telly every weekend  :celb:

Guest Heneage

Is that a joke? ???

God I hope so.

We need someone to do what Morgan does for Sheff Utd is how I read it.

And he's spot on too. We need a true leader in the back 4 to organise things and deal with the physical stuff we're going to encounter. To pretend we can just keep the same squad and just play our way out of the division is pie in the f***ing sky. We're going to have to fight tooth and nail to compete.

Morgan is no leader, he's a thug that should have been thrown out of the league for what he did to Ian Hume. We can still play in this league with class even if we sell our players, you buy cloggers and go up and you'll come straight back down when you ask them to try pass.