Peter Løvenkrands

Rich

While I do appreciate what he's contributed at times, I would be pretty chuffed if we did manage to flog Lovenkrands.

After Xisco's departure, he stands with four others on my "release/sell" list from the end of last season.

Campbell, Harper, Kuqi, Perch, Routledge, Smith and R. Taylor are/were the others. Quite happy with the progress on this front so far.

While I do appreciate what he's contributed at times

Think people forget this.

He's shit, undeniably terrible at this level and essentially leaves us with 10 men when he plays. However, he has contributed towards this club a lot more than many who have came in for bigger fees and earned more money. Would have easily been our top scorer in the promotion season if he'd had a proper pre-season.

Ameobi and Lovenkrands would without a doubt "get games" at all of those clubs over the course of the season.

If fourth choice doesn't qualify as "getting games," then Lovenkrands isn't "getting games" for us either.

Dont agree with resting your best strikers against any team. There probably will be injuries & i think the likes of Ameobi/Loven are better than most other teams 3rd/4th choice strikers. If we get in another striker though, itd make sense to let one of them go and we just gave Ameobi a new deal.

Can people please stop referring to this idea like it's one that's sweeping the forum.  As far as I know it's the view of 1 Scandanavian fruitloop and that's it.

He's shit, undeniably terrible at this level and essentially leaves us with 10 men when he plays. However, he has contributed towards this club a lot more than many who have came in for bigger fees and earned more money. Would have easily been our top scorer in the promotion season if he'd had a proper pre-season.

People generally do forget it, which is a real shame. Not just with Lovenkrands, either, but there are a lot of players who take a lot of shit and their better moments are just completely wiped from memory.

Dont agree with resting your best strikers against any team. There probably will be injuries & i think the likes of Ameobi/Loven are better than most other teams 3rd/4th choice strikers. If we get in another striker though, itd make sense to let one of them go and we just gave Ameobi a new deal.

Can people please stop referring to this idea like it's one that's sweeping the forum.  As far as I know it's the view of 1 Scandanavian fruitloop and that's it.

:lol: What?

Except Smith. He has done essentially fuck all and deserves all the stick he gets.

Hard to argue. He wasn't even that good in his "good" spell in the Championship and he is soiling himself further with every day he sucks money out of this club.

Can people please stop referring to this idea like it's one that's sweeping the forum.  As far as I know it's the view of 1 Scandanavian fruitloop and that's it.

You're taking it the way you choose to, the line you highlighted doesnt suggest its a mass view anywhere.

He's s***, undeniably terrible at this level and essentially leaves us with 10 men when he plays. However, he has contributed towards this club a lot more than many who have came in for bigger fees and earned more money. Would have easily been our top scorer in the promotion season if he'd had a proper pre-season.

:nods:

My biggest problem with Pete is his over-reliance on those around him. When we don't play particularly well, he doesn't score, doesn't contribute and doesn't try to fight his way into the game. I can't stand players like that.

You're taking it the way you choose to, the line you highlighted doesnt suggest its a mass view anywhere.

Soz like, I'm just saying.  Punk keeps on repeating this ridiculous idea like we've got some kind of Harlem Globetrotters type squad and I don't think any other fucker on the board thinks we're in a position to play anything but our best available team in the vast, vast majority of league games.

My biggest problem with Pete is his over-reliance on those around him. When we don't play particularly well, he doesn't score, doesn't contribute and doesn't try to fight his way into the game. I can't stand players like that.

Absolutely spot on! It irks me even more as I thought he would be a bit of a cult hero here, driving the team on with extraordinary hard work.

I think the real question is whether we'd rather turn to Lovenkrands or a kid during the inevitable injury crisis. I suppose the benefits of keeping Lovenkrands is that he is cheap, different to the other strikers, will chip in with goals, and according to Pardew is making runs for 90 mins that are unsettling markers and drawing away defenders.

Nolan fits that description perfectly tbh.

Can people please stop referring to this idea like it's one that's sweeping the forum.  As far as I know it's the view of 1 Scandanavian fruitloop and that's it.

You're so hell-bent in complying with the "fielding the best team possible always-principle" that you refuse to accept alternative solutions that other managers use, with success. You're obviously arguing that we should always play our strongest team to increase our winning chances. That will if course happen, in the SHORT run. But here lies the predicament: By always fielding your best players, they will get tired as the hectic season takes its toll. This will increase the probability for injury. Also, more games increases the probability of freak injuries (tackles ala De Jong) and suspensions.  So as the season develops, we're suddenly without BA because he's injured for two months, together with a host of other important players. Consequently we're forced to use Shola or Loven while BA is out.  Because we refused to trust Loven to take care of the weaker teams (which Loven has proven he's capable of doing), BA's freak injury against QPR makes it necessary for us to  to play with Loven against stronger teams like Everton, where he's amply proven that he's shit (that could be the difference between losing or winning against that opponent). Also, since we're stuck with Loven/Shola or Best the next months while BA is out, our chances for winning games during that period are reduced.  Accordingly your principle could hurt us in the LONG run, hence the predicament.

Also, my argument is based on my positive nature. Unlike many of you acid cunts, I actually believe that the club is going in the right direction.. Call me insane, but I like Pards and I like Mike's (despite his previous faults and administrative fuckups) transfer and youth policy. We haven't had so much promising youth in our lines for many many years, which MA deserves credit for, whether you like it or not. Because I have faith in our current squad and manager, I actually believe that Vukic or Loven is capable of stepping up when called upon and doing what's necessary to ensure our win against the shittiest teams.

So unless you're accepting that above predicament could be a reality and if you're still insisting on being so fucking negative with no trust towards the current squad and manager, it's better that we agree to disagree..

whether we'd rather turn to Lovenkrands or a kid during the inevitable injury crisis

imo we should be playing harrisV ahead of him anyway.  Rather mr V from the bench in games where we are winning, to introduce him, as he has a future for us.  DOnt see lovenkrands as offering any thing more than vuckic.

As much as I don't rate him, I actually think he can benefit from having players like Cabaye and Ben Arfa in the team, as they know how to pick out a good pass. IMO Loven is better at making the runs for those passes than any of our other strikers.

He's s***, undeniably terrible at this level and essentially leaves us with 10 men when he plays. However, he has contributed towards this club a lot more than many who have came in for bigger fees and earned more money. Would have easily been our top scorer in the promotion season if he'd had a proper pre-season.

Yeah, but people wouldn't get their posts noticed as much without going over the top.

Nolan fits that description perfectly tbh.

You're so hell-bent in complying with the "fielding the best team possible always-principle" that you refuse to accept alternative solutions that other managers use, with success. You're obviously arguing that we should always play our strongest team to increase our winning chances. That will if course happen, in the SHORT run. But here lies the predicament: By always fielding your best players, they will get tired as the hectic season takes its toll. This will increase the probability for injury. Also, more games increases the probability of freak injuries (tackles ala De Jong) and suspensions.  So as the season develops, we're suddenly without BA because he's injured for two months, together with a host of other important players. Consequently we're forced to use Shola or Loven while BA is out.  Because we refused to trust Loven to take care of the weaker teams (which Loven has proven he's capable of doing), BA's freak injury against QPR makes it necessary for us to  to play with Loven against stronger teams like Everton, where he's amply proven that he's shit (that could be the difference between losing or winning against that opponent). Also, since we're stuck with Loven/Shola or Best the next months while BA is out, our chances for winning games during that period are reduced.  Accordingly your principle could hurt us in the LONG run, hence the predicament.

Also, my argument is based on my positive nature. Unlike many of you acid cunts, I actually believe that the club is going in the right direction.. Call me insane, but I like Pards and I like Mike's (despite his previous faults and administrative fuckups) transfer and youth policy. We haven't had so much promising youth in our lines for many many years, which MA deserves credit for, whether you like it or not. Because I have faith in our current squad and manager, I actually believe that Vukic or Loven is capable of stepping up when called upon and doing what's necessary to ensure our win against the shittiest teams.

So unless you're accepting that above predicament could be a reality and if you're still insisting on being so fucking negative with no trust towards the current squad and manager, it's better that we agree to disagree..

:lol: Go away.

More than happy to see him go, he crap & we had to beg the fker to resign something he only did die to having no other offers.

The only problem is he won't be replaced so therefore we HAVE to keep him.

I have no dislike for Loven, I think he has positively contributed to the club during his time here, but at the moment he is not someone who could move us forward. I'd be more than happy for him to leave and sign another striker. Ba, New Striker, Best, Shola I'd be content with.

Punk, it basically comes down to the fact Lovenkrands is crap.

Not necessarily..If he's used right he's capable of scoring goals..He managed 7 goals and some assists and behind him he had a central midfield without creativity. Cabaye and HBA will give him through balls, hence he'll be much more effecive.