Peter Løvenkrands

Rich

My biggest problem with Pete is his over-reliance on those around him. When we don't play particularly well, he doesn't score, doesn't contribute and doesn't try to fight his way into the game. I can't stand players like that.

Nolan fits that description perfectly tbh.

Dont agree with resting your best strikers against any team. There probably will be injuries & i think the likes of Ameobi/Loven are better than most other teams 3rd/4th choice strikers. If we get in another striker though, itd make sense to let one of them go and we just gave Ameobi a new deal.

Can people please stop referring to this idea like it's one that's sweeping the forum.  As far as I know it's the view of 1 Scandanavian fruitloop and that's it.

You're so hell-bent in complying with the "fielding the best team possible always-principle" that you refuse to accept alternative solutions that other managers use, with success. You're obviously arguing that we should always play our strongest team to increase our winning chances. That will if course happen, in the SHORT run. But here lies the predicament: By always fielding your best players, they will get tired as the hectic season takes its toll. This will increase the probability for injury. Also, more games increases the probability of freak injuries (tackles ala De Jong) and suspensions.  So as the season develops, we're suddenly without BA because he's injured for two months, together with a host of other important players. Consequently we're forced to use Shola or Loven while BA is out.  Because we refused to trust Loven to take care of the weaker teams (which Loven has proven he's capable of doing), BA's freak injury against QPR makes it necessary for us to  to play with Loven against stronger teams like Everton, where he's amply proven that he's shit (that could be the difference between losing or winning against that opponent). Also, since we're stuck with Loven/Shola or Best the next months while BA is out, our chances for winning games during that period are reduced.  Accordingly your principle could hurt us in the LONG run, hence the predicament.

Also, my argument is based on my positive nature. Unlike many of you acid cunts, I actually believe that the club is going in the right direction.. Call me insane, but I like Pards and I like Mike's (despite his previous faults and administrative fuckups) transfer and youth policy. We haven't had so much promising youth in our lines for many many years, which MA deserves credit for, whether you like it or not. Because I have faith in our current squad and manager, I actually believe that Vukic or Loven is capable of stepping up when called upon and doing what's necessary to ensure our win against the shittiest teams.

So unless you're accepting that above predicament could be a reality and if you're still insisting on being so fucking negative with no trust towards the current squad and manager, it's better that we agree to disagree..

:lol: Go away.

Did you just try to have sex?

Punk, it basically comes down to the fact Lovenkrands is crap.

Not necessarily..If he's used right he's capable of scoring goals..He managed 7 goals and some assists and behind him he had a central midfield without creativity. Cabaye and HBA will give him through balls, hence he'll be much more effecive.

Yeah no, he's shit. Do you see someone else here who rates him? Xavi and Iniesta could feed him passes all day, and he still wouldn't score the amount you're picturing yourself.

I think hes still got a little bit of sharpness and cleverness in the box that elevates him ever so slightly above being totally s***.

It was obvious to anyone watching the 2nd half of last season that he doesn't offer enough to start Premier League games, I reckon he could probably still be useful in the championship though.

We used him a lot more than I thought last season though. Premier League appearances from our strikers here:

Ameobi 21(7)

Lovenkrands 18 (7)

Carroll 18(1)

Best 9 (2)

Ranger 1 (23)

I think it makes sense for SAmeobi to tak over from Ranger as an impact sub (especially as he has a bit of pace).

But seeing as we've only brought in Ba, who is highly likely to have an injury at some point, I actually think we should probably hang on to Lovenkrands until such a point as this striker we've been promised arrives. Hopefully we'd not need to use him much but then he started nearly half our Premier League games last season.

My biggest problem with Pete is his over-reliance on those around him. When we don't play particularly well, he doesn't score, doesn't contribute and doesn't try to fight his way into the game. I can't stand players like that.

Nolan is a good leader who often scored goals when we weren't playing particularly well. You can't apply the same plaudits to Cuntenkrands.

Punk, it basically comes down to the fact Lovenkrands is crap.

Not necessarily..If he's used right he's capable of scoring goals..He managed 7 goals and some assists and behind him he had a central midfield without creativity. Cabaye and HBA will give him through balls, hence he'll be much more effecive.

What good will through balls be for him? :lol:

PETER LOVENKRANDS has no intention of leaving Newcastle United following talk of interest from his old club Rangers.

The Denmark international striker is happy on Tyneside and balked at any suggestion of a return to Ibrox.

The Chronicle understands that Lovenkrands has been assured of his place with the Magpies this season by Alan Pardew with the former Schalke 04 player in the squad to face Arsenal tonight.

c***

Is there any need for this constant vitriol towards a man who has done a decent job for us when we've had nobody else to stand up and do it?

Because he's useless to us now and would be better served for him and us playing Sunday League football in Scotland

c***

Is there any need for this constant vitriol towards a man who has done a decent job for us when we've had nobody else to stand up and do it?

Because he's useless to us now and would be better served for him and us playing Sunday League football in Scotland

And that makes him a cunt? ???

c***

Fair play for daring to speak some sense.  :clap: that man.

c***

And that makes him a c***? ???

Fair weather fans

Nolan is a good leader who often scored goals when we weren't playing particularly well. You can't apply the same plaudits to Cuntenkrands.

This argument could easily be turned on its head..Maybe we didn't play well BECAUSE of Nolan..With a more creative central midfielder we could just as likely scored more goals and created more chances than what Nolan  managed to supply..It will be exiting to see him and Parker in Wankership..If Parker should be a creative force, they're really in trouble..He ruined some momentum in the game against cardiff by taking his pirouettes..Nolan was shit in that game bwt..Hopefully they'll get their partnership on track though..

c***

Didn't mean to call him a cunt as a person, he's done his job for us and I appreciate that. It's more about the situation he's in now. It'd be better for us both if he moved on,

c***

Fair weather fans

No

:thup: People act as if it's Lovenkrands/Guthrie sanctioning player purchases and picking themselves for selection.

They're decent people who've done a decent job in one way or another when we've had nowt else to step forward to the plate.

What do you expect them to do? "Sorry Pards, I don't think I'm good enough so don't select me!" :lol:

:thup: People act as if it's Lovenkrands/Guthrie sanctioning player purchases and picking themselves for selection.

They're decent people who've done a decent job in one way or another when we've had nowt else to step forward to the plate.

What do you expect them to do? "Sorry Pards, I don't think I'm good enough so don't select me!" :lol:

Its just attention seeking man.