Do we really have 15 players earning more than 50k a week?

Tsunami

I've read that we have 15 players on more than 50k per week and I've tried to think who they are; possible this lot: Owen, Martins, Viduka, Duff, Barton, Geremi, Enrique, Beye, Nolan, Jonas, Colo, Smith, Guthrie, Butt, Cacapa, Taylor? I've named 16 but if there is an odd one out it'll not be by much. It really is frightening and what's more looking at our wage bill it certainly rings true. That really is gross mis-management. It also lends an argument that relegation has given the club an opportunity to make sweeping changes.

It gets more unbelievable the more you look at it.

I've read that we have 15 players on more than 50k per week and I've tried to think who they are; possible this lot: Owen, Martins, Viduka, Duff, Barton, Geremi, Enrique, Beye, Nolan, Jonas, Colo, Smith, Guthrie, Butt, Cacapa, Taylor? I've named 16 but if there is an odd one out it'll not be by much. It really is frightening and what's more looking at our wage bill it certainly rings true. That really is gross mis-management. It also lends an argument that relegation has given the club an opportunity to make sweeping changes.

It gets more unbelievable the more you look at it.

Is Enrique, Beye, Guthrie, and Taylor on 50k+ ? Thought Guthrie was around 20, Enrique, Taylor and Beye around 30k.

Like any of us have a fucking clue what any player in the world is actually earning. I know they're only rough estimations and whatnot, but these arguments are so ridiculous.

Like any of us have a fucking clue what any player in the world is actually earning. I know they're only rough estimations and whatnot, but these arguments are so ridiculous.

We know what Riise was earning. :razz:

Guest Phil K

No.

And how do you know, pray tell ?

I think it's quite clear that whatever they make it's far too much  :angry:

It's a simple and logical view to it all, they all have far to much for a team getting relegated.

They were all a classic example of "pay them too much, and the effort and care for the club's welfare evaporates, while their ego inflates"

I want those mentioned to get the f*** out of my club and try to con another club

Guest neesy111

yes we have a 70 million wage bill via 22 key first team players

that averages at around 55k per player

just seen the ronnie gill and lee ryder say's coloccini in on 70k a week ffs

Guest Phil K

He'd be overpaid at SEVENTY quid a week.

Don't forget though that the wagebill will include everyone else working for the club. Had this discussion the other night and there's a shitload when you think about it.

Obviously that doesn't change the fact our playing squad is making far too much.

Guest Heneage

Don't forget though that the wagebill will include everyone else working for the club. Had this discussion the other night and there's a shitload when you think about it.

Obviously that doesn't change the fact our playing squad is making far too much.

We have academy players on what is considered an average championship wage.

started under FS and ashley just continued it - pay big wages to get the players to come, problem is the players towards the end of FS's time and under ashley were/are fucking shit and never produced on the pitch

not starting old vs new board, just a fact that the policy if you can call it that is a crock of shit if the wrong players are identified

sums up our predicament really

Guest Magpiecn

I personally can't see us having 15 players on more than 50K a week, I might be wrong though.

Me too.

1,301 employees make up that £70 million annual wage bill. And yes its quite clear the players have been earning too much.

I personally can't see us having 15 players on more than 50K a week, I might be wrong though.

Me too.

It might not be 15 on more than 50k.

But the fact is that there have been too many overpaid, under performing, injury prone players in the squad.

Me too.

But the fact is that there have been too many overpaid, under performing, injury prone players in the squad.

Absolutely agree, but the OP asked if there were 15 players earning more than £50k  ;)

Me too.

Absolutely agree, but the OP asked if there were 15 players earning more than £50k  ;)

OK - we don't know for sure who gets what, and unless the Sun has had access to the players contracts (unlikely) neither do they.

The Telegraph article said that we would be looking to put Gonzalez out on loan, isn't only on loan with us?

Would we serioulsy be paying a player £40k per week to give us a couple of sub appearences, knowing Newcastle United the answer must be yes!