Is this the strongest Championship in a while?

oldtype

It'll be interesting to see what happens to Boro in the summer given their reported debt levels.

Almost as interesting as what'll happen to us given our reported debt levels I imagine.

£34 million loss in 12 months announced in January + 100 million owed to Ashley + £40 million TV revenue Loss for next season + £73 million wage bill = mess

:omg:

We're hardly going to have the same wage bill come August are we?  :cheesy:

I hope not, but there's going to be a few mercenaries desperate to hang onto their contracts with you. For example, who's going to offer Duff a contract to lure him from you? Nobody. Which means you're stuck with them. The only way out would be to accept a £2million bid from Wigan, and then you'll be forced to do a Leeds .... and agree to pay about a huge % of his wage until his contract would have ended, just to cut your losses. No relegation wage cuts in contracts has made it really difficult. There's loyalty payments to consider as well. Without transfer requests Alan Smith would be entitled to some if he leaves.

True. It's not a good situation and should Ashley get vindictive it could be worse.

To answer the title of the thread, I think yes and even if we get our act/squad together it'll be far from easy.

It'll be interesting to see what happens to Boro in the summer given their reported debt levels.

Almost as interesting as what'll happen to us given our reported debt levels I imagine.

£34 million loss in 12 months announced in January + 100 million owed to Ashley + £40 million TV revenue Loss for next season + £73 million wage bill = mess

OH FFS do us all a favour and fuck off back to your own boards. You know fuck all about the finances at NUFC so stop your lame attempts at trying to whip up some sort of panic.

The irony of a West Ham fan talking about finances is woderful.

Big advantage other sides in the championship have as said before is that they will largely be keeping the same sides that have already gelled/done reasonably well.

If we start putting together random players, they wont have that. It'll take time. Obviously depends how many players we manage to keep.

Turnover of players in championship teams is higher than most in the premiership, generally players are on shorter contracts and the better ones are lured off to the PL. Veterans past their prime tend to be nomadic and move around.

We'll have more changes to our squad, I grant you that, but don't think for a second that the other clubs in the division will have completely settled squads.

Guest westamfan

OH FFS do us all a favour and f*** off back to your own boards. You know f*** all about the finances at NUFC so stop your lame attempts at trying to whip up some sort of panic.

Well apart from the very PUBLIC announcement made by NUFC for a 12 months loss in January 2009...

Apart from the well documented 73 million wage bill....

And the TV revenue difference between the premiership and the championship that few people know about....

Oh, and that NOT SO SECRET 100 million interest free loan owed to Ashley when he cleared your debts upon arrival....yeah, sure I know nothing!

:banghead:

OH FFS do us all a favour and f*** off back to your own boards. You know f*** all about the finances at NUFC so stop your lame attempts at trying to whip up some sort of panic.

Well apart from the very PUBLIC announcement made by NUFC for a 12 months loss in January 2009...

Apart from the well documented 73 million wage bill....

And the TV revenue difference between the premiership and the championship that few people know about....

Oh, and that NOT SO SECRET 100 million interest free loan owed to Ashley when he cleared your debts upon arrival....yeah, sure I know nothing!

:banghead:

Link to our 34 million loss last year ?? We are on course to lose 7million this year, that's all, our debt is very low and very managable. It's the one bloody thing Ashley has done well, making successive profits at transfer windows has that effect. Dumbass.

100 million owed to Ashley, who only happens to be our bloody owner you gormless mong, sure he's going to call in that debt on himself.

Loss in TV revenue is offset by the reduction in the wage bill, you total bafoon. Owen and Viduka alone account for close to 20 million.

No one denies that this is a financial hit on our club, but it's not the disaster you would like it to be and you would like the fans on this board to think it is.

You really know f*** all about us, you come on here and preach about how we've gone all wrong and how we can learn lessons from you and others.

You come here (ironically just as we've been relegated) to patronise and with an air of superiority that is not even remotely warrant. West ham have cheated their way to PL survival are in finacial dire straits and are just basically a shitty little london club that no one really cares about.

Like I said please f*** off backdown the hole you came from.

Link to our 34 million loss last year ?? We are on course to lose 7million this year, that's all, our debt is very low and very managable. It's the one bloody thing Ashley has done well, making success profits at transfer windows has that effect. Dumbass.

100 million owed to Ashley, who only happens to be our bloody owner you gormless mong, sure he's going to call in that debt on himself.

Loss in TV revenue is offset by the reduction in the wage bill, you total bafoon. Owen and Viduka alone account for close to 20 million.

No one denies that this is a financial hit on our club, but it's not the disaster you would like it to be and you would like the fans on this board to think it is.

You really know fuck all about us, you come on here and preach about how we've gone all wrong and how we can learn lessons from you and others.

You come here (ironically just as we've been relegated) to patronise and with an air of superiority that is not even remotely warrant. West ham have cheated their way to PL survival are in finacial dire straits and are just basically a shitty little london club that no one really cares about.

Like I said please fuck off backdown the hole you came from.

:laugh:

Link to our 34 million loss last year ?? We are on course to lose 7million this year, that's all, our debt is very low and very managable. It's the one bloody thing Ashley has done well, making success profits at transfer windows has that effect. Dumbass.

You really know f*** all about us, you come on here and preach about how we've gone all wrong and how we can learn lessons from you and others.

Like I said please f*** off backdown the hole you came from.

:laugh:

Well someone had to tell him, since the admins don;t seem to want to :)

I don't mind guests from other clubs, the likes of 1878, Lein and GG come on here and are respectful, I even can tolerate Brummie to a degree. But this guy's just taking the piss really, probably looking for a reaction, so I gave him one and hope he's had his fill and buggers off, which he will do once the europhia of our relgation has died in him.

Guest westamfan

To afar.

"Link to our 34 million loss last year ?? We are on course to lose 7million this year, that's all, our debt is very low and very managable. It's the one bloody thing Ashley has done well, making success profits at transfer windows has that effect. Dumbass."

Urm, i'm not the 'dumbass' making up figures despite the announcement from your club on the 23rd January, which can be found here...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jan/22/mike-ashley-newcastle-finances

"100 million owed to Ashley, who only happens to be our bloody owner you gormless mong, sure he's going to call in that debt on himself."

Nobody will buy the club without clearing that debt. If he stays, he'll eventually take back what he's owed. What i'm saying is. NUFC owe Mike Ashley £100 million in hard cash.

"Loss in TV revenue is offset by the reduction in the wage bill, you total bafoon. Owen and Viduka alone account for close to 20 million."

Erm what planet are you on? Viduka is reported to earn 60k a week, which is £3 million a season. Not even NUFC are crazy enough to offer Michael Owen £17 million in transfers. (Which was put him on 327k a week or something?)

"You come here (ironically just as we've been relegated) to patronise and with an air of superiority that is not even remotely warrant"

I signed up in January?

"West ham have cheated their way to PL survival are in finacial dire straits and are just basically a shitty little london club that no one really cares about."

No we didn't, we just didn't decalre 3rd party interest. We could have just signed it and done EXACTLY what Man Utd have done for the past two seasons as well (I presume you believe that Man Utd have cheated their way onto Premiership titles as well?) as for nobody caring about us?

I'm not on the wind up, I just think some of the more (obviously) deluded Newcastle fans should have a slap of reality.

Most of you are alright, I just like baiting the r-tards with FACTS.

I've seen nothing from him to suggest he should be binned tbh. Man up, other clubs' fans are welcome here.

He's taking the piss man Dave, when did he start to appear on these boards ? Have his posts been in any shape of form respectful ? Has he tried to whip up a sense of panic with just about every post. Do what you want man, I don't give a shit if you ban him or not,it's your forum, but he's clearly taking the piss.

To afar.

"Link to our 34 million loss last year ?? We are on course to lose 7million this year, that's all, our debt is very low and very managable. It's the one bloody thing Ashley has done well, making success profits at transfer windows has that effect. Dumbass."

Urm, i'm not the 'dumbass' making up figures despite the announcement from your club on the 23rd January, which can be found here...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jan/22/mike-ashley-newcastle-finances

"100 million owed to Ashley, who only happens to be our bloody owner you gormless mong, sure he's going to call in that debt on himself."

Nobody will buy the club without clearing that debt. If he stays, he'll eventually take back what he's owed. What i'm saying is. NUFC owe Mike Ashley £100 million in hard cash.

"Loss in TV revenue is offset by the reduction in the wage bill, you total bafoon. Owen and Viduka alone account for close to 20 million."

Erm what planet are you on? Viduka is reported to earn 60k a week, which is £3 million a season. Not even NUFC are crazy enough to offer Michael Owen £17 million in transfers. (Which was put him on 327k a week or something?)

"You come here (ironically just as we've been relegated) to patronise and with an air of superiority that is not even remotely warrant"

I signed up in January?

"West ham have cheated their way to PL survival are in finacial dire straits and are just basically a shitty little london club that no one really cares about."

No we didn't, we just didn't decalre 3rd party interest. We could have just signed it and done EXACTLY what Man Utd have done for the past two seasons as well (I presume you believe that Man Utd have cheated their way onto Premiership titles as well?) as for nobody caring about us?

I'm not on the wind up, I just think some of the more (obviously) deluded Newcastle fans should have a slap of reality.

Most of you are alright, I just like baiting the r-tards with FACTS.

I've only read your link as I have no desire to read any more of your drivel. The critical thing you missed off that is that it was the parent company, ie the one who purchased the club, there is zero debt there to anyone other than Ashley. Ashley made the loss and absorbed them. It's paper loss and takes into account devaluation of playing assests which is not a exact science, a money spin on it all. It's not a real loss of any money to any outside bank. We don't suddenly owe someone 34 million quid, simple as that. Again a little knowledge would have help you out here.

I've seen nothing from him to suggest he should be binned tbh. Man up, other clubs' fans are welcome here.

He's taking the piss man Dave, when did he start to appear on these boards ? Have his posts been in any shape of form respectful ? Has he tried to whip up a sense of panic with just about every post. Do what you want man, I don't give a shit if you ban him or not,it's your forum, but he's clearly taking the piss.

Prior to us going down he has been on here and seemed OK.

He just appears to have fallen foul of being completely taken in by the media's opinion of us and what we think (i.e. Keegan's sides have shite defences  :lol: )

Guest westamfan

Wheres the fire bomb emoticon?

Must admit that did make me chuckle.

How about this?

:blob8:

Guest ovesbar

Its pretty irrelevant when the debt is to our owner. As long as he owns the club, he will not suddenly demand that the club repays him.

If he decides to sell, the debt would only reduce the price, the buyers would have to clear the debt as well as pay the asking price. I doubt Ashley would agree to continue the loan, if he sells the club, he probably wouldnt want to have anything more to do with it.

First off it's not my forum, so I don't know why you're saying that. Lots of people have contributed financially to the running of this place.

He's been registered since mid-January and since then I've honestly not seen him taking the piss beyond the usual banter. It's a common misconception that this place is purely for Newcastle fans and Newcastle chat, when it's not. Other fans are fully welcome here as long as they're not twats.

I've culled a shitload of WUMs over the last few days, both ones who were already registered and others who have tried to sign up. I won't have a problem binning anyone if they fuck us off enough.

He's taking the piss man Dave, when did he start to appear on these boards ? Have his posts been in any shape of form respectful ? Has he tried to whip up a sense of panic with just about every post. Do what you want man, I don't give a s*** if you ban him or not,it's your forum, but he's clearly taking the piss.

First off it's not my forum, so I don't know why you're saying that. Lots of people have contributed financially to the running of this place.

He's been registered since mid-January and since then I've honestly not seen him taking the piss beyond the usual banter. It's a common misconception that this place is purely for Newcastle fans and Newcastle chat, when it's not. Other fans are fully welcome here as long as they're not twats.

I've culled a shitload of WUMs over the last few days, both ones who were already registered and others who have tried to sign up. I won't have a problem binning anyone if they f*** us off enough.

Don't get your knickers in a twist Dave. Like I said it's up to you who you ban from your site, I couldn't give a shit :)

A little taster for what to expect next year, a little 'Swansea City' video made featuring a number of goals, some pearler's by Bodde before his injury. Just to show not all teams are cloggers in the Championship.

Brilliant choice of music too, theme from John Adams I believe.

Here's hoping for a Swansea/Newcastle 1/2 next year   O0

<Snip. Football clips are not allowed on the forum, sorry.>

what tv coverage will there be next season and what channels i imagine we will be on quite a bit ?

Fucking hell man, it's been explained about a hundred times already. :lol: