Beckford From Leeds.

Crumpy Gunt

Guest westamfan

I wouldn't believe the quote of £5 million some web based sites have dreamed up. He's one year left on his current deal and won't sign a new one. I'd be surprised to see him go for half of that fee quoted.

I think you can do better anyway.

Would appear to have the potential to do for us what Andy Cole did 16-17 years ago - appears to have a similar personality too.

I'm sure he would jump at the chance of working with Shearer and Al would manage to sort his discipline out.

Saw him one game and he scored a hat-trick. Looked a lad with a bit of pace, quite lethal when it comes to finishing (as one of his goals was a cracking lob) yet seemed to have a first touch that made Shola's look like Maradona. Only basing this on the game I saw him in like. Seems like a cernt btw.

Guest Wally_McFool

The only time I have seen Beckford play was on the TV during  Leeds Uniteds play off against Millwall a couple of weeks back.

I was shocked at how bad he was considering his good reputation. I suppose he must have had an off night.

Guest cfhpantera27

Mind I felt like I wanted to kill him when I saw him elbow a goalkeeper in the throat (some game near the end of the season)

He also started laughing when sky interviewed him about it after the game.  :dowie:

This. seems a rite prick

Mind I felt like I wanted to kill him when I saw him elbow a goalkeeper in the throat (some game near the end of the season)

So finally someone who can fill Shearer's boots!

I really have seen nothing of him although I know he has a big reputation.

Is he really different to the likes of Lee Trundel? who was prolific in the lower leagues. Would he be capable of making the step up, he is 25 now right? So best time to start blossoming.

Would he bring us anything different to what we will have (hopefully goals)?

The question is whether we think he'll score goals in the Championship, not whether he's a great footballer or will make it in the Premier League.

At this stage we just want to get back up. I think his record (and form) suggests he can help us do so.

The question is whether we think he'll score goals in the Championship, not whether he's a great footballer or will make it in the Premier League.

At this stage we just want to get back up. I think his record (and form) suggests he can help us do so.

i'm just very wary of goalscorers from lower leagues who don't look particulalrly good. it's only his record that suggests he can score goals at a higher level as opposed to anything i've seen on the pitch (again i'll point out i've probably seen him play only about 6 times in a couple of seasons)

You don't need a team of good footballers in the championship, you need pace and power. This guy has both and seems to score alot. Frankly our options are limited so we can't turn our noses up.

i'm just very wary of goalscorers from lower leagues who don't look particulalrly good. it's only his record that suggests he can score goals at a higher level as opposed to anything i've seen on the pitch (again i'll point out i've probably seen him play only about 6 times in a couple of seasons)

Fair enough, I can't say I've seen a lot of him like. As Kimbo says though, considering our financial situation we might not be able to do much better than a gamble like this.

Guest Stephen927

I think the Championship is about the highest level that he would be comfortable at. I think he'd struggle badly in the Premiership.

I think the Championship is about the highest level that he would be comfortable at. I think he'd struggle badly in the Premiership.

Why does that matter though? As of now we're not in the Premiership. If we do manage to get back up we can consider what to do about our strikers then.

Guest Stephen927

Why does that matter though? As of now we're not in the Premiership. If we do manage to get back up we can consider what to do about our strikers then.

I should have made it a bit clearer, I meant for any Premiership club looking to buy him, I think he'd struggle at that level.

He'd be fine for us.  :-[

Guest pont-toon

Thats what we need. Said it in another thread, Beckford and Chopra. Theres goals there. Forget the Sunderland s***, we want whats best for the club and Michael Chopra is one of the best Championship strikers, and I'm sure he would love to turn his fortunes around at Newcastle and potentially become a hero getting the goals to take us back up. He's clearly a bit of a t***, but he'll get the goals. Beckford, Chopra, Carroll, Ranger and maybe someone in on loan. Theres your strikers, and we've got the basis of a good defence with Beye and Taylor staying.

excellent shout - would try for fabian delph as well

also like the look of that naughton at sheff utd

the young right back that played against burnley is also impressive - his name escapes me though!

Thats what we need. Said it in another thread, Beckford and Chopra. Theres goals there. Forget the Sunderland s***, we want whats best for the club and Michael Chopra is one of the best Championship strikers, and I'm sure he would love to turn his fortunes around at Newcastle and potentially become a hero getting the goals to take us back up. He's clearly a bit of a t***, but he'll get the goals. Beckford, Chopra, Carroll, Ranger and maybe someone in on loan. Theres your strikers, and we've got the basis of a good defence with Beye and Taylor staying.

excellent shout - would try for fabian delph as well

also like the look of that naughton at sheff utd

the young right back that played against burnley is also impressive - his name escapes me though!

Walker.He impressed me too,and only 18.