Loans.

Parky

some players who *might* be available on loan?

Carlos Vela

Rodrigo Possebon

Gareth Bale

Manucho

Emiliano Isua

Fabio Da Silva

Michael Mancienne

Johan Djourou

Daniel De Ridder

Vassel(probably do fine in the CCC)

Krisztián Németh (heard good things about him)

Last thing we need is mercenaries. We need players to come here and want to play for the club, not just waiting to bugger off back to wherever they came from after the season is over.

Only loan deals I'd be in approval of, would be deals with option to buy.

Last thing we need is mercenaries. We need players to come here and want to play for the club, not just waiting to bugger off back to wherever they came from after the season is over.

some people need to wake up man, who on earth are we going to loan who is any good and their club will be willing to sell them to us after a year? 

er, it's no-one isn't it?

we need to spend whatever funds we have on players who can stay at the club 3-5 years then flesh out the squad with young, talented loans from the likes of manu, arse & liverpool or whoever we can get good players from

assuming we bounce back up we can then look to replace the loanees or even buy them if they were that good and their clubs agree

some people need to wake up man, who on earth are we going to loan who is any good and their club will be willing to sell them to us after a year? 

we need to spend whatever funds we have on players who can stay at the club 3-5 years then flesh out the squad with young, talented loans from the likes of manu, arse & liverpool or whoever we can get good players from

assuming we bounce back up we can then look to replace the loanees or even buy them if they were that good and their clubs agree

You contradict your own post.

You contradict your own post.

what i mean is throw money at them when back in the PL should they perform very well for us and we feel they'd be worth us stumping up cash for

clubs will not just easily allow quality to fuck off on loan with clauses already there to buy them if they thought they were going to be top class - the only ones you'd get that for is people they know aren't going to cut it or ones they're not sure of

it's not a contradiction - i did say "willing to sell them to us" but i'm talking about it being all agreed in advance as you're saying is the only type of loan we should look for

take vela as an example from arsenal; we loan him & he storms us up the league but isn't likely to start if he goes back to arsenal and we're promoted - a bid of 10m (or whatever) might turn their heads if we want him that badly but are arsenal likely to send him to us with the deal already agreed regardless of his performance?

i doubt it

If we could bring in 4 or 5 decent players on loan, this massively assist with the transition as we rebuild the squad. We won't be able to sign 10 good players permanently at the drop of a hat. You'd hope we're doing our utmost to secure some season-long deals.

Gibson, Wilshere on loan & Taarabt if not a purchase are quality options, and deals like that would help improve us loads. Add to that signings such as De Ridder, Gera, Commons, Dyer (tho he might be off to swansea now), Giles Barnes, then bring on the likes of Ranger, LuaLua, Vuckic, Kadar and the possibilites of us having a good, improved team this season are there to see.

Sturridge

Out of contract this summer isn't he?

Drinkwater from manure seems to be getting good press? Barry Bannon at villa looked good when I saw him in waffa cup last season, what about delfouneso(sp?)?

Birmingham got Muamba, Larsson and Bendtner on loan a few years ago and that turned out well. We'd be silly not to go for loans, especially if money's scarce.

I'd say good loans like those are an absolute priority.

Guest Magpiecn

The fact is Arsenal and Man U's reserve/kids teams can beat Premier League teams. I'll happily have NUFC borrow a few of their players to help us get promotion.

I hope ours can do this too.

If we do look at getting loan signings we really should only get one or two, so that we have a side that is fully committed to winning promotion and doesn't have ulterior motives.

Sturridge

Out of contract this summer isn't he?

Drinkwater from manure seems to be getting good press? Barry Bannon at villa looked good when I saw him in waffa cup last season, what about delfouneso(sp?)?

If he is , we should try to get a contract signed by him..